Season ticket renewals - announced 10 April

whiteleySaint30

Details out Wednesday. Can only think with the timing that there must be decent early bird discount otherwise why would you bother before knowing what league we will be in.

Last season Swansea were selling their season tickets for this season very early, in February I think.

They were alot cheaper than ours, somewhere around the £250 mark if I remember correctly.

This will be very intresting seeing how much they think they can get away with charging again.

You would think that the fact we struggle to sell out games, even against the top sides and the discounts they have had to offer members to buy tickets for caertian games would suggest they / are were charging too much for this season.

However with the much publised survey they gave out to season ticket holders earler in the season you wonder how divorced the club are from their fanbase.

Will the club use the feel good factor surrounding Raplh's aapomiment and improved perfances to keep prices as they are or will they take note of the fact we struggle to sell out and reduce them?

They're certainly taking a bit of a gamble if prices aren't coming with a decent discount or proviso for a lower cost regards potential relegation. The warning signs have been there for 2 or 3 seasons that fans won't just blindly renew these days.

When we went down under Lowe, the prices remained the same as they said we got extra games in the Championship, I don't think that will be enough should the worse happen this time.

The fact there's still plenty of tickets left for the Bournemouth game that could be so crucial despite being on sale now to any supporter on the data base, is telling, we'll sell out OK but there's not exactly a clamour to be there. I think we sold out every home game when we were relegated in 2005.

This will be very intresting seeing how much they think they can get away with charging again.

You would think that the fact we struggle to sell out games, even against the top sides and the discounts they have had to offer members to buy tickets for caertian games would suggest they / are were charging too much for this season.

However with the much publised survey they gave out to season ticket holders earler in the season you wonder how divorced the club are from their fanbase.

Will the club use the feel good factor surrounding Raplh's aapomiment and improved perfances to keep prices as they are or will they take note of the fact we struggle to sell out and reduce them?

They'll probably think internally that it's actually a very difficult balancing act, that they feel they have to strike a balance between giving fans a good deal and maximising their revenue, when in actual fact matchday revenue only accounts for 11.2% of the club's revenue these days. A drop of £100 for 15,000 adult season tickets (complete guesstimate) would cost £1.5m in terms of reduced ST revenue (from renewals - at those prices, they'd get more new ST holders as a result), but would massively increase the goodwill factor among the fanbase, which would likely lead to an increase in merchandise and catering sales over the course of the season. They seem to ignore the intangible knock-on effect of making fans feel like they're having the **** taken out of them for the last two or three years.

They'll probably think internally that it's actually a very difficult balancing act, that they feel they have to strike a balance between giving fans a good deal and maximising their revenue, when in actual fact matchday revenue only accounts for 11.2% of the club's revenue these days. A drop of £100 for 15,000 adult season tickets (complete guesstimate) would cost £1.5m in terms of reduced ST revenue (from renewals - at those prices, they'd get more new ST holders as a result), but would massively increase the goodwill factor among the fanbase, which would likely lead to an increase in merchandise and catering sales over the course of the season. They seem to ignore the intangible knock-on effect of making fans feel like they're having the **** taken out of them for the last two or three years.

Well whoever designed that survey needs sacking.

I know I am old miserable git but what business is it of theirs what my income is and if it’s likely to go up or down in the next 12 months it’s irrelevant as to whether I renew or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a season ticket holder since 1992, it really annoys me that i don't get any recognition from the club for my continued loyalty. The last few seasons have been utter dross and a complete waste of money. I would welcome a reduction for next season but I can't honestly see it happening

As a season ticket holder since 1992, it really annoys me that i don't get any recognition from the club for my continued loyalty. The last few seasons have been utter dross and a complete waste of money. I would welcome a reduction for next season but I can't honestly see it happening

I've had mine for nearly forty years and I have seen some good years and some bloody crap.

I agree they think they get goodwill by offering the occasional free ice cream or flag but what would really be appreciated is a drop in price for renewals.

Things have picked up at st Mary's under Ralph but for the 2 years before that our home record must have been the wlrst in the country. At a time when away tickets are easy to get hold of i don't think there is much incentive to buy a season ticket, especially for a fan who will miss 2 or 3 games a year through other commitments.

I'm not tech savvy enough but plenty of people seem to find streams to watch for free now as well so the club need to entice those fans back.

Will we have a new sponsor next season? Extra revenue from a chinese betting firm could cover a drop in season ticket prices.

matchday revenue only accounts for 11.2% of the club's revenue these days

It's the greed in the modern game that's helping kill my love of football, clubs could easily have got on board with twenty-is-plenty for away fans but refused to go below £30. Away ticket revenue is paltry in the big scheme of things but they still creamed it.

It's the greed in the modern game that's helping kill my love of football, clubs could easily have got on board with twenty-is-plenty for away fans but refused to go below £30. Away ticket revenue is paltry in the big scheme of things but they still creamed it.

The simple economics are why prices across the board are still as high as they are. Obviously they've artificially forced away prices down, and while I'd love to pay £20 a game I'm content to pay £30 (mainly because it's a significant drop from the £50+ we were paying at some grounds before that agreement came in), but ultimately the only thing that will force the hand of clubs to reduce home ticket prices is for vast sections of seats to be unoccupied for games.

Unfortunately there are enough mugs (and I'd probably include myself in that) who won't sacrifice going to games in order to force clubs to reduce their prices. If there was a concerted effort across the board at clubs at all levels, something might get done about it, but while someone will pay the going rate, the clubs will continue to charge what they think they can get away with.

Our attendances this season have perhaps shown that we may have reached that dotted line of what most people deem to be acceptable, so I certainly don't see our prices going up any time soon (despite the nonsense that appeared in that survey last year), but whether they'll prompt a move in the opposite direction in order to attract people back for the lesser games, who knows?

The simple economics are why prices across the board are still as high as they are. Obviously they've artificially forced away prices down, and while I'd love to pay £20 a game I'm content to pay £30 (mainly because it's a significant drop from the £50+ we were paying at some grounds before that agreement came in), but ultimately the only thing that will force the hand of clubs to reduce home ticket prices is for vast sections of seats to be unoccupied for games.

Unfortunately there are enough mugs (and I'd probably include myself in that) who won't sacrifice going to games in order to force clubs to reduce their prices. If there was a concerted effort across the board at clubs at all levels, something might get done about it, but while someone will pay the going rate, the clubs will continue to charge what they think they can get away with.

Our attendances this season have perhaps shown that we may have reached that dotted line of what most people deem to be acceptable, so I certainly don't see our prices going up any time soon (despite the nonsense that appeared in that survey last year), but whether they'll prompt a move in the opposite direction in order to attract people back for the lesser games, who knows?

Yeah, you're right and I understand. I made a choice and gave up my ST a couple of seasons back after many years and now just pick games.

Going a bit off track but read something earlier and it’s even worse for CL club fans, the TV revenue is massive but you have Tottenham charging Man City fans £60 tonight and Barcelona ripping off Man Utd fans for over £100 a ticket for the Nou Camp. Apparently United are reciprocating and charging the same to Barca fans at Old Trafford but using the difference to subsidise the travelling Mancs. A little bit of common sense.

Going a bit off track but read something earlier and it’s even worse for CL club fans, the TV revenue is massive but you have Tottenham charging Man City fans £60 tonight and Barcelona ripping off Man Utd fans for over £100 a ticket for the Nou Camp. Apparently United are reciprocating and charging the same to Barca fans at Old Trafford but using the difference to subsidise the travelling Mancs. A little bit of common sense.

This has been going on for a while now, and UEFA have finally decided to do something about it as it's been getting silly, so there will be an away price cap for the Champions League and Europa League from next season.

This has been going on for a while now, and UEFA have finally decided to do something about it as it's been getting silly, so there will be an away price cap for the Champions League and Europa League from next season.

Was there historically a cap in place? I remember Lowe getting us all an £18 refund for the Steau B away game due to us being overcharged. Never got round to claiming it though so I think it went to charity. But at least Rupert did one good thing

They should do a price for life... whatever you pay shouldn’t ever go up unless you fail to renew. But to be honest club have lost touch with fan base. Why not give those who’ve had their ticket for more than 10 years a decent discount?

Cant move to the £399 area as my kids prices would be the same(£399) as opposed to £19

It looks to me like the Kingsland / Chapel corner is cheap area for those with kids, the Itchen / Chapel corner is cheap area for those without kids.

Makes sense to offer a less popular part of the ground as affordable season tickets, £21 per game in modern premier league era is very good.

If you go with kids the family area is still good as kids so cheap, but seems odd the adult tickets in that area are now a lot more than equivalent seat opposite and even cost more than behind the goals

Cant move to the £399 area as my kids prices would be the same(£399) as opposed to £19

Yeah, that's bad. I looked at that straight away too.

I guess it's great that U11's in family stand are cheaper but adult and U18 are still the same price as last season.

No arrangement fee for payment plan is good though.

Are you able to renew to a new seat online? Had enough of my ST seat after about 15 years and time for a change away from Block 42.

The article on the website suggests that's possible. There's also a form you can fill in to claim seats that aren't renewed if they're in an area where there's not much availability.

It’s the old adage that if the stadium is full, the seats must be too cheap.

As you said, though, if you’re a club that could get relegated then a reservoir of goodwill is potentially quite important in the long term.

I think we can be pretty confident that no one in the upper echelons of Saints FC gives a stuff about the fans either way, so you take you choice.

Very disappointing that the Family Stand prices have been frozen for adults, especially as there are loads of empty seats around me. Add in that they've made the seats on the opposite end of the same stand £142 cheaper.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

The £399 season ticket looks to me like a concerted effort by the club to get themselves down the table of 'cheapest available season tickets' - where I'm sure it was Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea & Liverpool that were the only clubs ahead of us.

As for £22 discount... just over £1 a game... cheers for that.

Also, where it says - "And, with new individual matchday pricing for 2019/20 – details of which will be confirmed soon – there will be even better value than in previous years for Season Ticket holders." - so are they essentially saying that individual match ticket prices are going up, which makes season tickets better value?!

Also, where it says - "And, with new individual matchday pricing for 2019/20 – details of which will be confirmed soon – there will be even better value than in previous years for Season Ticket holders." - so are they essentially saying that individual match ticket prices are going up, which makes season tickets better value?!

More and more empty seats at St. Mary's if they put the matchday ticket prices up.

Just imagine if we bottle it in the next six games and get relegated on the same season ticket prices as this year.

£540 for a Championship season ticket... better get closing those corners again (and the whole Kingsland too).

close the Kingsland are you joking, was one of the few areas of the ground that was still failrly full in league one and championship days

Details out Wednesday. Can only think with the timing that there must be decent early bird discount otherwise why would you bother before knowing what league we will be in.

i see latest date for renewals with discount is May 17th which is 5 days after last game so people who do not wish to renew in case they're scared well go down can wait until after Huddersfield game