For the hell of it, the 2019/20 Kit Thread

The9

Nobody is buying the kits anyway surely to not endorse this mysterious sponsor ?

Another three seasons of Underwhelming Armour, but to be frank i blame SFC retail for allowing such garbage as you never saw this ****e at Villa and Spurs.

Definitely. You have to wonder about the sort of inept cretin employed by the club to allow such an abomination.

The launch video?

Love it! Really silly, stupid, fun. Like the Taylor contract extension and the others they've done. Just something fun and childish smile to at.

I like that my club does this.

Not convinced by the kits though!

Went to the store to have a closer look and am afraid they're even worse up close. The logo looks really cheap and tacky and like it's been ironed on in a rush. The buttons make it look like a failed retro attempt. All in all, a disaster

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2808[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2809[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2810[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2811[/ATTACH]

Yep me too even worse close up quality looks shocking. I liked the 3rd kit until I saw it in shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its a football kit FFS.

Will make literally zero difference to i.) enjoyment of the season ii.) performance of the team

Amen. Grown men moaning about a footy blouse. Bless em.

Just been looking at the responses on twitter. I’d say 90% saying the home kit is awful, and some taunting from other fans agreeing, and saying it’s our relegation kit. So my question is this. If the club is aiming to sell lots of shirts to make some revenue, would it not be better to acknowledge the level of hatred for this pathetic piece of design and actually just bin it and do a simple change. You know, admit you’re wrong and produce a kit with an easy change, simply continuing those stripes up to the top? It would double sales.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just been looking at the responses on twitter. I’d say 90% saying the home kit is awful, and some taunting from other fans agreeing, and saying it’s our relegation kit. So my question is this. If the club is aiming to sell lots of shirts to make some revenue, would it not be better to acknowledge the level of hatred for this pathetic piece of design and actually just bin it and do a simple change. You know, admit you’re wrong and produce a kit with an easy change, simply continuing those stripes up to the top? It would double sales.

We probably would of made more money finishing one place higher in the league than hoping fans buy the shirts.

We know they are ****e and whoever selected them in that department needs to have less input next season if we want to improve them.

We probably would of made more money finishing one place higher in the league than hoping fans buy the shirts.

We know they are ****e and whoever selected them in that department needs to have less input next season if we want to improve them.

Not mutually exclusive but take your point. Just hope it doesn’t show up a club that doesn’t listen.

Went to the store to have a closer look and am afraid they're even worse up close. The logo looks really cheap and tacky and like it's been ironed on in a rush. The buttons make it look like a failed retro attempt. All in all, a disaster

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2808[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2809[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2810[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2811[/ATTACH]

Had a chat with the guys in the store. First thing they said was that the logo isnt the finished article. Rushed out for the new sponsor. The final product will be better. Apparently.

Amen. Grown men moaning about a footy blouse. Bless em.

This is what happens when you don’t have a manager to whinge about. Since Hughes, Reed and Krueger all left tensions have been building and the new kit has been a release valve. At least we don’t look like Liverpool! That was the only time I would have felt like frothing at the mouth over a kit. For all of the moaning on here and on Twitter, I bet plenty of people will buy it.

Is the white kit definitely on sale? I really like it.

yeah, terrible sponsor logo apart, it looks OK in the pics to me (not seen them close up for real mind). If, as Pugwash suggests, that element will be improved on the final item, then so much the better. Always like a white away kit myself.

Still no excuse for the terrible black chest/shoulder plate on the home kit, even if you can see that they are trying to be `consistent' across the three kits.

This is what happens when you don’t have a manager to whinge about. Since Hughes, Reed and Krueger all left tensions have been building and the new kit has been a release valve. At least we don’t look like Liverpool! That was the only time I would have felt like frothing at the mouth over a kit. For all of the moaning on here and on Twitter, I bet plenty of people will buy it.

So what are we supposed to say then we all love it? Isn’t this a forum to express views?

Where in the rules does it state you have to conform to all the Pr ******?

I don’t buy shirts but sometimes get them for walking footie when they come down to £15.

It looks crap close up apologies if that upsets your everything Saints is rosey .

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D61gPd3W0AIv3VE?format=jpg&name=large

After seeing this one don't feel so bad about ours!

Nice to see they're really trying to capture the spirit of Manchester with that kit. By which I mean the snake skin effect, 4 inch long, faux-leather skirt worn by a 55 year old, unemployed, chain-smoking, midday drinking Bingo player in Salford

Just saw this 'concept kit' design on Facebook. Slick and professional looking IMO compared to what we get dished up with most seasons. Without wishing to bang on about it (because, I know, "it's only a kit FFS" blah blah blah) why is it seemingly so difficult for Saints and their kit supplier to come up with something simple and elegant like this? Oh well, soon time for Eurovision... #huzzah

8c3d4da1c982e0daa8e2dad319454bb3.jpg

Just saw this 'concept kit' design on Facebook. Slick and professional looking IMO compared to what we get dished up with most seasons. Without wishing to bang on about it (because, I know, "it's only a kit FFS" blah blah blah) why is it seemingly so difficult for Saints and their kit supplier to come up with something simple and elegant like this? Oh well, soon time for Eurovision... #huzzah

Looks nice plus this shirt but a better sponsor.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2812&stc=1

DB5D82B0-B87E-4296-88ED-7EDC65EED66B.jpg

Elegant? Just looks very bland to me.

Hardly a concept though, just a rehash of what we've seen for decades.

what do you suggest doing with red and white vertical stripes ? It is what it is, they are either wider or they are thinner but end of the day Southampton wear red and white stripes. You want to make them horizontal instead ?

Shirt sales are insignificant in revenue to the club and mean nothing to UA, for UA It's all about exposure in the media/tv.

So they should want it to look good. Also, that the fans love it. And the players. All that stuff matters.

what do you suggest doing with red and white vertical stripes ? It is what it is, they are either wider or they are thinner but end of the day Southampton wear red and white stripes. You want to make them horizontal instead ?

Preferably on both the front and back.

It's so obvious to you and I , and most supporters, but why is this lost on the f^ckwits who make the final selection ?

Indeed and why do they not put the kit design to this supporters panel thing they have set up - show them a few designs or get suggestions ? its not bloody difficult

You are missing my point. Yes, we are known for the red and white stripes, so that kit shown by Trousers is hardly a concept kit.

So what are we supposed to say then we all love it? Isn’t this a forum to express views?

Where in the rules does it state you have to conform to all the Pr ******?

I don’t buy shirts but sometimes get them for walking footie when they come down to £15.

It looks crap close up apologies if that upsets your everything Saints is rosey .

It doesn’t upset me at all mate. If you don’t like it, fine, I just don’t get the outpouring of grief over a football shirt. There seems to be a constant need amongst some to find fault with everything the club does. It is not difficult. If you don’t like it, don’t buy it. If you hate it that much, stop watching matches. If you think that whingeing on a football forum will make the slightest bit of difference, knock yourself out. But there is a big difference between posting that you don’t like a kit and the inference that somehow something is seriously wrong with the club just because you don’t like a kit or a sponsors logo. We are still in the Premiership and we have a decent manager, so yes, things are “rosey” as far as I am concerned. I’m sorry if you feel otherwise.

It is not difficult. If you don’t like it, don’t buy it. If you hate it that much, stop watching matches.

you are right, if you don't like people moaning on forums, don't go on a forum

That shirt is sexy.