For the hell of it, the 2019/20 Kit Thread

The9

adult replica shirt now gone up to £55, and a youth shirt at £42!

The 'authentic' one is priced at £100.

2018-19 shirts remain priced at £35 on 'sale'.

the cost of football continues to rise.

Hoping for another sports direct sale - got my lads theirs with 50% off in July last year.

What's that got to do with producing a horrible shirt? Some people will have no taste or no interest, fine. But that home shirt is disgusting. Get rid of the black bit and have the stripes carry on and it's fine.

The point is it should be very easy to get right. Some kids will be boring, some better than others, but it should't be difficult to avoid vile.

You can vary the number and width of stripes, the sleeves, collar, shades of red, patterns within that. There's a hell of a lot more variation possibility than Man Utd, City or Chelsea have.

It is frustrating each year there are fan mock ups far better than the released kits. Under Armour have been almost impressively bad for plain weird, ugly design. And it does matter when the team you support looks like **** most the season.

Why does it? Does a **** shirt really change how you feel about the team you support? Really? it's a kit, ie the uniform that the players where when they play for the club.

I get the feeling that I am in a minority of not giving a monkeys what that kit looks like - I'm only concerned about what players are wearing the kit and how they play.

Why does it? Does a **** shirt really change how you feel about the team you support? Really? it's a kit, ie the uniform that the players where when they play for the club.

I get the feeling that I am in a minority of not giving a monkeys what that kit looks like - I'm only concerned about what players are wearing the kit and how they play.

Agree with that.

£152 to get my 2 boys kitted our to stand out from all their Liverpool and United supporting mates in Cornwall...

Struggling to justify it regardless of the design!

(Yeah, I know their mates kits probably cost about the same...)

£152 to get my 2 boys kitted our to stand out from all their Liverpool and United supporting mates in Cornwall...

Depending on their age it would be a lot cheaper to but them a season ticket each than a replica shirt, bit mad that

What's that got to do with producing a horrible shirt? Some people will have no taste or no interest, fine. But that home shirt is disgusting. Get rid of the black bit and have the stripes carry on and it's fine.

The point is it should be very easy to get right. Some kids will be boring, some better than others, but it should't be difficult to avoid vile.

You can vary the number and width of stripes, the sleeves, collar, shades of red, patterns within that. There's a hell of a lot more variation possibility than Man Utd, City or Chelsea have.

It is frustrating each year there are fan mock ups far better than the released kits. Under Armour have been almost impressively bad for plain weird, ugly design. And it does matter when the team you support looks like **** most the season.

Have to agree you can do a hell of a lot more variation with a striped kit than a plain kit.

As for better designs, again you are right some of the fans mock ups are so much better - the concept kit a few pots above being on example.

Its a shame we have another 3 (?) seasons of Under Armour all 3 of thier home kits for us so far have been poor in my opionion.

Pretty bad. Juve also not great in list above. Palace have done well again though. Puma seem to be having a good run

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's a dreadful kit. Its strange, but on threads like this, people make mock ups which are so much better than the official one. This is one of the nastiest kits we have ever had, and I do not know who signed it off and why they thought it a good idea. Pride before a fall, and we should scrap it and go for the one in this post: https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?60871-For-the-hell-of-it-the-2019-20-Kit-Thread&p=2735347#post2735347

But sadly, there will still be those who shell out on something that is really so very very very nasty.

I'm sure the Club read these boards, so in future, might I suggest that you actually ask some of the supporters what they think of the shirt, because they would have told you that this one was utter utter garbage.

I don't mind the shirt - I am probably not going to buy the home one; the third kit is the most likely at the moment.

I still believe we should have abandoned stripes and kept the sash - unique in English football, save the Palace away shirt - and would be very difficult to mess up.

It's a dreadful kit. Its strange, but on threads like this, people make mock ups which are so much better than the official one. This is one of the nastiest kits we have ever had, and I do not know who signed it off and why they thought it a good idea. Pride before a fall, and we should scrap it and go for the one in this post: https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?60871-For-the-hell-of-it-the-2019-20-Kit-Thread&p=2735347#post2735347

But sadly, there will still be those who shell out on something that is really so very very very nasty.

I'm sure the Club read these boards, so in future, might I suggest that you actually ask some of the supporters what they think of the shirt, because they would have told you that this one was utter utter garbage.

That one is better (what wouldn't be?) but it looks like a pretty nasty collar. Agree with the sentiment though

Can't post images but
the women's team kit in the second picture looks so much nicer with the red sponsor. Hadn't noticed the difference in the promo video.

You're right. It's the noise in that godawful LD logo that is part of the main problem (as well as that horrible 'donkey jacket' top element)

I'm sure it's not the case, but seeing as the away shirt looks OK, I wonder if they designed that one first, and then said how can we do the home shirt with the top bit.

Is anyone any good with changing pictures, as would be interested to see what the home shirt looked like if the black top was changed to red (or white).

It really is a dog's dinner of a design.

In 70 years of supporting Saints this is the worst Saints shirt design I have ever seen.

Appalling mess.

League 2 standard

But who is our shirt sponse? Virgin or LD?

Was in the West Quay store today, the LD Sports badge is barely stuck to the shirt, it'll peel off after a few washes!

I'm sure I remember reading that the shirts on display were just that, display shirts with cheap, temporary logos to show what it will look like. will not be the quality of the final shirt..

Was in the West Quay store today, the LD Sports badge is barely stuck to the shirt, it'll peel off after a few washes!

Club hedging their bets in anticipation of LD Sports not being around too long.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice to see this thread managed without me (and that the first pic I posted turned out to be the actual design albeit with black shoulders). Quite impressed at the 320 responses with nary a mock up...

FWIW I like all 3 kits, the shoulder panel is clearly a design feature to stop stripes from two directions colliding, and stop them needing to match the stripes up across different panels of the shirt. The sponsor logo is a bit toss but whatever.

Also confused how a photo I took (at West Ham away) of a bloke in a wig and terrible t-shirt made it onto here, seems friends of Facebook friends have been busy. :lol:

Oh and it was £55 last season too, minus 10% for being an ST holder and with a free £5 gift voucher for buying the other kits. So using those, £44.50, though as Sports Direct are able to sell any UA gear they'll probably undercut the club shop again. That's what I'm waiting for anyway.

Bet for the first couple of weeks they will be flogging THE shirt the players will be wearing for 100 notes again.

It was £90 (minus 10% minus £5 gift voucher) last sesson, and nevertheless so similar to the replicas it wasn't worth the "investment". I can get an actual labelled up matchworn for that.