For the hell of it, the 2019/20 Kit Thread

The9

Could be worse...

pineapple-16x9-web-banner.jpg

Remove that awful sash and make their badge symmetrical with the Umbro logo and that would be a pretty decent shirt.

Area covered by the sponsors logo definitely looks too big (but difficult to judge as no-one AFAIK has ever had a diagonal one before, and after seeing this never likely too again). And what's with the full stop? Or does .com carry on over the shoulder?

Remove that awful sash and make their badge symmetrical with the Umbro logo and that would be a pretty decent shirt.

Area covered by the sponsors logo definitely looks too big (but difficult to judge as no-one AFAIK has ever had a diagonal one before, and after seeing this never likely too again). And what's with the full stop? Or does .com carry on over the shoulder?

The full stop is part of the Paddy Power logo

Obviously confirmed as a PR stunt...

Shirt is absolutely lovely - would love for us to have something similar.

Here it is!

#htafc can today reveal the ACTUAL

@UmbroUK

home kit!

The shirt is part of

@paddypower

's new #SaveOurShirt campaign; an initiative that is backing a move towards unbranded football kits, effectively returning the shirt back to the fans.

iyHpbJqy?format=jpg&name=small

A striped shirt where the stripes actually go all the way up to the shoulder rather than abruptly ending at a needless block of shoulder colour? Nah, it'll never catch on...

No, no, no. It needs an incongruous block of colour across the top, a weird collar and awful accenting on the arms.

Seriously, this is worse than embarrassing

I’ve got grandchildren in Belgium and South Africa with personal deadlines to meet to get them kitted out but still no information forthcoming on delivery !

I said before that I know how this business works and frankly heads should roll as it is completely inexcusable IMHO !

Seriously, this is worse than embarrassing

I’ve got grandchildren in Belgium and South Africa with personal deadlines to meet to get them kitted out but still no information forthcoming on delivery !

I said before that I know how this business works and frankly heads should roll as it is completely inexcusable IMHO !

Way it's going we'll start the season without the kit on sale - this kit could be the worst for sales ever if that's the case.

For how little I wear the shirt I might buy one of those knock offs and see if it actually turns up. Probably made in the same factory anyway!!

As it's only £15 I have done exactly this. Purely for research purposes. If it's **** I can still wear it at home as a casual shirt.

For how little I wear the shirt I might buy one of those knock offs and see if it actually turns up. Probably made in the same factory anyway!!

I'm only guessing but the shirts could have been made, then the order rejected on quality grounds (perhaps the sponsors logo was peeling off ?) after that they appeared on the market as 'seconds' !

UA would have instructed the manufacturer to destroy them but it's not uncommon for these things to reappear on the black market !

Just a theory but I can't really picture another realistic scenario !

I'm only guessing but the shirts could have been made, then the order rejected on quality grounds (perhaps the sponsors logo was peeling off ?) after that they appeared on the market as 'seconds' !

UA would have instructed the manufacturer to destroy them but it's not uncommon for these things to reappear on the black market !

Just a theory but I can't really picture another realistic scenario !

The original delay anouncement stated it wasn't UA's fault( nor SFC not the sponsor) but a third party issue, and again this was reiterated at the recent forum.

Maybe these cheap ones on offer are the real deal but we're "intercepted" whilst being delivered. Can't think what 3rd party apart from the shipping company could be responsible for a delay

The original delay anouncement stated it wasn't UA's fault( nor SFC not the sponsor) but a third party issue, and again this was reiterated at the recent forum.

Maybe these cheap ones on offer are the real deal but we're "intercepted" whilst being delivered. Can't think what 3rd party apart from the shipping company could be responsible for a delay

There's been more of these knock offs recently. Especially international kits during the world up. They are different but dont look bad.

When they say 3rd party, they probably mean the Chinese sweat shop used material away from specification.

No news about the kits? My son is waiting for his away shirt that we preordered in June and frankly there hasn't been much info about the delay :(

im not too concerned about buying the shirt this season but I agree the lack of a follow up after the announcement at the end of June is poor.

No news about the kits? My son is waiting for his away shirt that we preordered in June and frankly there hasn't been much info about the delay :(

Would hope you will recieve some form if discount. Big part of getting a new shirt for my boys is that they can wear it on their hols - not this year.

Would hope you will recieve some form if discount. Big part of getting a new shirt for my boys is that they can wear it on their hols - not this year.

Agree, usually buy it for a birthday gift first week of July. It sounds like it won’t even be ready for the start of the season not sure how they can still charge full price for a time limited product. Bit of a shambles really.

I emailed the club about this and asked for a definitive, transparent response rather than a bland statement !

I received a reply and guess what - it was a bland statement !!

Basically they are saying "we are working hard with 3rd parties to resolve the issue but we have no idea when they will be delivered' !

It appears that only the nameless 3rd party is to blame !

Shambles....

I emailed the club about this and asked for a definitive, transparent response rather than a bland statement !

I received a reply and guess what - it was a bland statement !!

Basically they are saying "we are working hard with 3rd parties to resolve the issue but we have no idea when they will be delivered' !

It appears that only the nameless 3rd party is to blame !

Shambles....

I can only think of 5 parties involved in this transaction - Saints, Under Armour, LG Sports and Virgin (as arm sponsor) and the premier league/FA (to approve shirt design). We've been told it's not UA, can't see an issue with Virgin or the FA so that only leaves our new main "sponsor". I suspect they haven't paid up yet hence the delay!

Does seem a bit pickle - can’t see the sponsor being an issue regardless of how opaque it’s been - be curious to see what shirts the team play in on Saturday as it’s been the Grey and Yellow all pre season.

Unless in the weird way the septics view the world beyond their borders - UA are feeling under pressure as a US company to be dealing with a Chinese owned company even though it is in the UK.

Going to be a chunky loss of revenue.

I can only think of 5 parties involved in this transaction - Saints, Under Armour, LG Sports and Virgin (as arm sponsor) and the premier league/FA (to approve shirt design). We've been told it's not UA, can't see an issue with Virgin or the FA so that only leaves our new main "sponsor". I suspect they haven't paid up yet hence the delay!

You're assuming that UA make the shirts themselves. If they sub contract the manufacture of the shirt, or printing the logo of the sponsor to China or India, then that's also a 3rd party. My guess is the peeling sponsor logo thats been seen was not the only shirt c**ked up, and someone is having to make a whole new batch of shirts!

Not technically the fault of UA, but the sub contractor.