For the hell of it, the 2019/20 Kit Thread

The9

Always been curious as to how/who actually has the say on what the kits will look like.

Do UA give several options?

Does someone from the club sit down with UA designers to go through template/options?

Does anyone at the club ever say "no way, that's ****, go away and try harder" ?

UA trawl the entire world looking for 8 year olds with the least amount of taste and design skills, kidnap them and then have them create 2500 designs in a dark room before allowing them out. Next, a hand picked team of Pompey fans select the three worst designs and have the outlines printed in black and white before handing a colour blind chimp a big bag of crayons to determine the colour scheme for each shirt. Finally a man drops 20,000 of them off at St Marys in the dark of night with a short note attached to the box reminding the Saints commercial director and marketing manager of the photo of them two docking. Quite frankly I don't see any other way they could have come up with the absolute heap of garbage they have so far. I could have all taste, talent and design skills surgically removed and still come up with better than these clowns.

also the template for the new uniform of TGI Fridays.

I would actually crack up If it was this, worst shirt ever and still some dinlows will shell out 60 quid on it.

that's where I have seen that design. Good spot Turkish. Saints fans will just need create a small collection of tat to pin to it

I'm usually a fan of the black trim with our red & white but it doesn't work on that kit - probably because the sleeves aren't black trim, they're just black!

is there a more 80s colour scheme than red, white and black? Reminds me of 1980's Woolworth's music cassette storage cases. Terrible.

is there a more 80s colour scheme than red, white and black? Reminds me of 1980's Woolworth's music cassette storage cases. Terrible.

Haha, you have mentioned this before - I don't really mind it, maybe because I like the 80s! I generally prefer the contrast with the light shirts/dark shorts and vice versa. Hence I like the Milan & Inter shirts with white shorts but prefer Saints/Sunderland kit to, say, Stoke.

But even if I like the black, it still looks awful on that shirt.

Nice....713f7fd482140353e42a0a3d2dd0e8ea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I played for us and that turned out to be our new kit I’d hand in a transfer request.

Kin awful that is, looks like a cut and shut.

Sent from my iPhone using my c ock and the clever d!ck app

Nice....713f7fd482140353e42a0a3d2dd0e8ea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

God that is terrible...

Terrifying.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I'm usually a fan of the black trim with our red & white but it doesn't work on that kit - probably because the sleeves aren't black trim, they're just black!

Haha, you have mentioned this before - I don't really mind it, maybe because I like the 80s! I generally prefer the contrast with the light shirts/dark shorts and vice versa. Hence I like the Milan & Inter shirts with white shorts but prefer Saints/Sunderland kit to, say, Stoke.

But even if I like the black, it still looks awful on that shirt.

Kin awful that is, looks like a cut and shut.

Sent from my iPhone using my c ock and the clever d!ck app

Worrying thing is that in recent years the club have come up with efforts that are worse than the mock ups on here.

Starting a darts team?

My thoughts exactly. That's the worst home shirt in Saints history. It was leaked on Twitter and people thought it was a mock up but there's a few people who claim to have seen the new shirt and they're confirming that this is definitely it.

That'll be the first home shirt I've not purchased since 1980!

They have a sport polo shirts were specifically designed for, its called polo. Why would you put a collar and buttons on a football shirt; is it so you can go straight to a nightclub after the game without getting charged?

It looks like something the ride attendants would wear at Disney World. I can’t think of one redeeming feature, it’s the Elyounoussi of football kits.

They have a sport polo shirts were specifically designed for, its called polo. Why would you put a collar and buttons on a football shirt; is it so you can go straight to a nightclub after the game without getting charged?

It looks like something the ride attendants would wear at Disney World. I can’t think of one redeeming feature, it’s the Elyounoussi of football kits.

we have had buttons on shirts before, the Sanderson sponsored shirt from 96 springs to mind. Buttons aren’t new, niether are collars with them :smug:

My thoughts exactly. That's the worst home shirt in Saints history. It was leaked on Twitter and people thought it was a mock up but there's a few people who claim to have seen the new shirt and they're confirming that this is definitely it.

That'll be the first home shirt I've not purchased since 1980!

I had assumed this was a Saint Lard mock up, but that's not the case. Where does this originate from ?

The collar is absurd (not in keeping with the AZ Alkmaar kit others refer to as a template) and look to be a 70's throwback; the sleeves are presuambly borrowed from some Bournemouth offcuts.

The logo and the Chinese graphics take it to an even further grade of crap though.

I think it’s great...10 times better than the bra kit (now that was a joke kit).

Agree. The bra one was all wrong, and could have been so much better if the top white bit was in red. But this one with the black shoulders, I don't think it too bad. Not so sure about the black collar, but it isn't too bad. Better than the 201/13 and 2013/14 ones (to refresh one's memory you can see here: http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Southampton/Southampton.htm)

Designed by someone with no design skills whatsoever. The worst Saints shirt yet. Surely not even we are this visually illiterate?

UA seem to have a few of them in their Design Dept over the last few years (Keegan style apart of course).

Will actually struggle to watch them, even on TV, if this kit is real. It is absolutely abominable. Must be the cut-price option we chose through our money laundering shell-ghost company thing.

10 x 0 = ?

You're right about the bra kit though. Abomination.

I actually think there were some quite nice elements of that shirt - unfortunately they were totally overshadowed by the ludicrous bra (also the sides of the shirts looked ridiculous, like a patchwork that hadn't been designed properly). Basically, I thought the back of the shirt was nice :)

I wish the fans could have some input. Afterall, we're the ones they're trying to sell it to.
Why? It seems that all the fans (on here at least) just want to moan. We have, IMHO, appointed one of the most exciting managers, after 3 years of dross. We should be looking forward with some anticipation again....but what do we do? We moan...we moan about the owner, we moan about the sponsorship deal, we moan about the transfer budget for next season, even though most of us have absolutely no REAL idea of what is going on, and we moan about a shirt design (a shirt design!!!) that may or may not be genuine. I don't consider myself a "Happy Clapper" but the amount of negativity on this forum is depressing.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I wish the fans could have some input. Afterall, we're the ones they're trying to sell it to.

I remember many many many years ago they did at least once. Think it was a choice of 5 kits which you could vote for. The 4 losing shirts were then auctioned. One I remember was like Blackburns blue and white square kit, but obviously in red and white.

I remember many many many years ago they did at least once. Think it was a choice of 5 kits which you could vote for. The 4 losing shirts were then auctioned. One I remember was like Blackburns blue and white square kit, but obviously in red and white.

Yeah, another one was basically the Monaco shirt. P*mpey fans tried to spoil the vote. I used to have a picture of the 5 shirts but can't seem to find it now.