For the hell of it, the 2019/20 Kit Thread

The9

For some reason someone dredged up the 18/19 kit thread and started asking stuff on it, so even though I'm hardly ever on here any more, I may as well kick this off...

Things we know:

It will have Under Armour logos on it, as part of a 7 year deal signed in 2016.

We will have at least two, possibly three kits next season. All of them will be different designs to this season.

The VirginMedia shirt sponsorship ends this season.

SportsDirect.com and JD have both had this season's Saints kit in sales for months, and SportsDirect are still flogging the 2017/18 shirts too.

Current Under Armour 2019 designs - mostly from South America - there's a specific collar type that looks common to them (especially evident in the Estudiantes kit).

Estudiantes de la Plata:

estudiantes_de_la_plata_2019_under_armour_home_kit.jpg

Fluminense (3rd):

fluminense-2019-third-kit-2.jpg

Rosario Central:

rosario_central_2019_under_armour_home_kit_b.jpg

camiseta-oficial-away-2019-1347664_iZ1052781028XvZxXpZ1XfZ222795418-56512441229-1.jpgXsZ222795418xIM.jpg

Edited by The9

It's simple isn't it? Third shirt down but in red and white, shorts in the dark blue (as the stripes in the pic) and white socks.

That shirt looks fine, but if we're staying with stripes then it should be full stripes without the plain back. Can't imagine the change in shorts to navy happening although it wouldn't worry me if we did.

Preference would be retain the 'Keegan' style in some shape or form, but it won't happen so soon after last season.

Finally whatever the kit don't f^ck it up with a dreadful sponsors logo (or anything written in Chinese).

That shirt looks fine, but if we're staying with stripes then it should be full stripes without the plain back. Can't imagine the change in shorts to navy happening although it wouldn't worry me if we did.

Preference would be retain the 'Keegan' style in some shape or form, but it won't happen so soon after last season.

Finally whatever the kit don't f^ck it up with a dreadful sponsors logo (or anything written in Chinese).

That would be a return to the past, only stopped because the Knickers as they were once referrred to years ago, just got lighter after each wash, get the Amber shirt and Black shorts for the away (like Wolves) too and we will have stepped right back in time.

york-city-2019-special.gif

I haven't really been impressed with our UA kits, their first one was rubbish, they ruined their Xerox one but that may have something to do with the huge red Virgin blob on the front, this years one is OK and I like the red and rose striped one.

The York one above is ace.

That shirt looks fine, but if we're staying with stripes then it should be full stripes without the plain back. .

I thought plain backs for striped shirts was banned for next year? Teams have to have a plain "Patch"? (Could be wrong though)

I wouldn't want blue shorts.

Just a nod to tradition. For the first 5 years of our existence we had white shorts (well longs to be more exact!) but from the late 1800s until 1950 it was blue shorts, and mostly blue socks. Now I wouldn't want to see a p*rtsea island shade of blue, just a nice dark colour. And we had blue in our kit long before them, their traditional colours were salmon pink.

Hopefully whatever they release will look really good over my grey hoody, and i can pair it up with my Lonsdale trainers and Bench "distressed" jeans. I'll look quite the part whilst i sing songs at confused minimum wage staff in Weatherspoons all over the country.

Hopefully whatever they release will look really good over my grey hoody, and i can pair it up with my Lonsdale trainers and Bench "distressed" jeans. I'll look quite the part whilst i sing songs at confused minimum wage staff in Weatherspoons all over the country.

Don't forget the 'witty' slogan on the back of your shirt, some hilarious bantz like 'shorts' or 'we 8 pompey'.

Saints' social media for season ticket renewals heavily features the 85-87 Patrick kit with white shoulder pads. A hint that we're going retro again?

That was one of the worst Saints shirts ever, on a par with the two Cortese abominations when we arrived in the PL.

Of all the retro kits to select from that really is bottom of the pile. Would prefer the 'candy stripes' from 1976- 80 than that, or even a reworking of the Denmark shirt (as hideous as it was at the time).

• 3 weeks later...
That would be a return to the past, only stopped because the Knickers as they were once referrred to years ago, just got lighter after each wash, get the Amber shirt and Black shorts for the away (like Wolves) too and we will have stepped right back in time.

Yes - that would do me.

A mate has just sent me a text to say that he's heard our away kit next season is purple. I bloody well hope not, but given some of the awful shirts that have already been announced for next season, nothing would surprise me. Surely he's on the wind up? When have Saints ever worn purple???

This would probably need a third kit as we couldn't wear a purple kit to a team wearing red,or claret (West Ham, Burnley, possibly Villa), which makes up most of the teams we'd need to change for.

Having never worn purple is no reason for us not to go off in this direction though, that seems an attraction to the designer types. We'd not worn green until a few seasons ago that didn't stop them.

If the away kit is grey and yellow I can't see any teams where we would need to wear a white third kit.

Perhaps like during the Puel season we will need to change for a cup final and then realise that the change strip is such an embarrassment we'll decide to wear white instead.

Grey and yellow !!! Sounds shocking. Should just let Gecko or The 9 draw up a few prototypes, always better than what the club's official 'partners' come up with.

Shoot for the home kit has already been done with Ings doing something in the shoot involving the red and white home kit from the the 1992 season when we went to the ZDS final. No clues from the person that sent me this picture of what the home kit will be/is like though!