For the hell of it, the 2019/20 Kit Thread

The9

Hilarious.

We should do some mock ups of kits this week and choose one via a SWF vote. We can get it trending. I still don't understand how the ****e bra kits we've had over the last few years were actually decided upon by a bunch of people around a table. Who are they? We can do better!

Who was the bloke on here who used to do amazing kit mockups? Was it gecko Saint or some guy with a lizard avatar? Edited by hypochondriac

Available in the Under Armour shop in Amsterdam.

Under Armour would not allow the sponsors logo after some investigation by them apparently. 8b67775d4e68b0302b37342acdc57304.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seventy Five Euros!!! Wow!!

I thought Walking into the Official Barcelona Shop in Playa d'Aro and seeing rails of Barcelona shirts at 90 euros was bonkers!

"Wrong, heal sealed motifs and badges are notoriously unstable (I'm looking at last years kit right now and the logo is peeling !) and any factory in China can have problems !

Having been in some hundreds of factories in Asia over the years and bought similar items as these in huge quantities, I assure you that UA suppliers are not exempt from this danger" !

Not trying to be a smartarse but all along I suspected that the application of the LD logo was the problem ! Given that the shirts are available in UA stores overseas without the logo and that the first team has played with the logo implies that this has been a quality issue rather than a legal one !

It is quite a large badge with shaped edges and will definitely be prone to peeling !

I'll wager that the EBay copies will suffer from this sooner rather than later !

The fact that the shirt is on sale in Europe but without the logo may suggest that's how the shirts are supplied from UA. And, as has already been officially mentioned, the dispute is with a 'third party' so could mean they are responsible for adding the logo and something’s gone wrong there.

That then probably means UA are not the problem, that scenario would also rule out any reason to do with the sponsor being dodgy. As the shirts have already arrived in Europe kind of suggests this 'third party' is probably Europe or UK based and an ongoing battle is now going on as to responsibility for any problem. Someone else mentioned there was also a cock-up with the sponsors logo last year too.

Or they may just have decided the shirt is sh*te and ditched the lot!

The fact that the shirt is on sale in Europe but without the logo may suggest that's how the shirts are supplied from UA. And, as has already been officially mentioned, the dispute is with a 'third party' so could mean they are responsible for adding the logo and something’s gone wrong there.

That then probably means UA are not the problem, that scenario would also rule out any reason to do with the sponsor being dodgy. As the shirts have already arrived in Europe kind of suggests this 'third party' is probably Europe or UK based and an ongoing battle is now going on as to responsibility for any problem. Someone else mentioned there was also a cock-up with the sponsors logo last year too.

some blame must lie with UA if this is the case then- why use a sh*t 3rd party then for printing on the logo?

It would be really unusual to outsource the logo application as sports brands such as UA always have a list of nominated suppliers (this is to ensure that compliance issues are covered) !

Even more unusual to have it done in Europe as the goods would have to be packed, shipped, unpacked, printed, repacked etc... all of which is both inconvenient and more expensive !!

Still a cock up whichever way you look at it !!

Why doesn't the club sell the shirts without the sponsor's logo? It's not as if they exist, and fans would prefer it.

Because that's part of what kit manufacturers pay for, each and every fan becoming a billboard for their company. It's why the only shirt I wear is the 125 year anniversary kit.

It would be really unusual to outsource the logo application as sports brands such as UA always have a list of nominated suppliers (this is to ensure that compliance issues are covered) !

Even more unusual to have it done in Europe as the goods would have to be packed, shipped, unpacked, printed, repacked etc... all of which is both inconvenient and more expensive !!

Still a cock up whichever way you look at it !!

Maybe an unexpected consequence of Trump's trade war with China, avoiding the import and re-export into and out of the US. Just a thought.

It’s all UA problem when the 1st team shirts are washed they go pink and the ironed on sponsors logo peels off. Also the UA boots are incredibly uncomfortable.

Now bearing in mind Under Armour started off supplying the US Army kit including bulletproof Kevlar vests etc that is pretty shocking.

Maybe an unexpected consequence of Trump's trade war with China, avoiding the import and re-export into and out of the US. Just a thought.

Strange comment, the goods come from China to the EU where there is free movement (at the moment) so USA and Trump are not even remotely involved !

Am I missing something ??

Strange comment, the goods come from China to the EU where there is free movement (at the moment) so USA and Trump are not even remotely involved !

Am I missing something ??

It's not strange at all. US company imports its part finished product from China (or Vietnam), applies finishing touches and distributes to final market (UK). Something different has happened with Saints because of the stupid LD logo and its got ****ed up. It was just a theory as to why the **** up has happened, in a light hearted manner. Sorry if it has upset you in some way. A little over sensitive perhaps?

3f0f7a4ad5139b3db84216babb46ff21.jpg

aa8ce62d82cee9d5c8456cf94f388363.jpg

My £9.61 shirt arrived from China today. Slight spelling error on the sleeve...

That Under Armour logo doesn't look remotely realistic, and the club badge is a cheap copy too. No wonder they blur the logo on their eBay adverts. The supply issues mean there are going to be enough left over that SportsDirect will probably be flogging them off dirt cheap again by Christmas (assuming they get here by then).

It's actually working out quite well for me timing-wise in terms of cashflow. :lol:

The wife bought one of the pink keeper's shirts on eBay, loves it, cheaper than the club shop and barely different design (and as well as being authentic, it's labelled as the UA "sample" it was advertised as, too). Beat the rush in time for her and a mate to wear it in Burnley. I cba to go.

It's not strange at all. US company imports its part finished product from China (or Vietnam), applies finishing touches and distributes to final market (UK). Something different has happened with Saints because of the stupid LD logo and its got ****ed up. It was just a theory as to why the **** up has happened, in a light hearted manner. Sorry if it has upset you in some way. A little over sensitive perhaps?

I mean, he does know the industry pretty well...

The two rumours I'd heard a month or two ago were that the red dye was running and the logo wouldn't stay on. As UA are happy to sell ad-free shirts the only place the red could be running is into the logo - I seem to recall we had a bit of a problem with that happening with one of the "white patch" sponsor shirts in the late 00s, it could be both things. I wouldn't be surprised if the workaround on home kit is to print directly onto the white and on the away to just print a different colour sponsor logo as they have (successfully) with the training kit. The third kit is probably available tomorrow because it's white and there are no colours to run into it OR they planned to produced them later knowing they could launch after the other two kits, and avoided the logo problem altogether by (again), printing the contrast colour straight onto the shirt without the surround.

This is all speculation on my part and it'll be interesting(ish) to see whether the third shirt has a sponsor patch (like the ones in the club shop windows) or just the straight on print.

It didn't upset me at all, I just didn't understand where you were coming from !

FYI it would not be possible for these goods to have been shipped via USA as they would not conform to the quota criteria either for USA or Europe. Panama based UA have a branch office in Hong Kong which does the processing and associated paperwork. My main point is still that it's extremely unlikely that the heat sealed logo embellishments would be applied to the shirts anywhere but in Asia for reasons of logistics and cost !

I have done business with a number of sports brands (admittedly not UA) in this area and my judgement is based on experience, that's all !

If anyone has seen the training kit, the sponsors logo looks a million times better than the kits. Why the **** did no one think about doing it the same way, separate lettering rather than a slapped on piece of plastic. Unbelievable.

If anyone has seen the training kit, the sponsors logo looks a million times better than the kits. Why the **** did no one think about doing it the same way, separate lettering rather than a slapped on piece of plastic. Unbelievable.

Because the people who buy these things will, by and large, buy any old ****e we churn out.