For the hell of it, the 2019/20 Kit Thread

The9

My brother sent me a fake of the home kit for my birthday, just arrived from China - it's pretty good quality! Looks better in person than in pictures, the sponsor logo is massive though.

I bought this one and it arrived a week later. UK supplier. I went for the away shirt. Was fine. Studying hard the pics of the real one, the only difference is the colour of the button on the collar. Apart from that you wouldnt notice the difference.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-2019-2020-Southampton-Home-Away-Soccer-Jersey-Short-Sleeve-Shirts/283546162095

So let me get this straight, most people don't like the kit, think the sponsor looks poor and the kit is made badly, but the same people are p*ssed off it's late and buying Chinese knock off kits anyway.

Why? I mean i'm not exactly the target market for kits but even if i was spending almost £70 on something i don't like is just baffling behaviour.

So let me get this straight, most people don't like the kit, think the sponsor looks poor and the kit is made badly, but the same people are p*ssed off it's late and buying Chinese knock off kits anyway.

Why? I mean i'm not exactly the target market for kits but even if i was spending almost £70 on something i don't like is just baffling behaviour.

Which is why I went for the fake. Don't mind us having a bad kit if I only have to pay £15 for it. As it goes, it's kinda grown on me. I like the yellow and quite like having a button up. Be interesting to go in the Saints store when they do stock this shirt to see the difference between mine and the real one.

Which is why I went for the fake. Don't mind us having a bad kit if I only have to pay £15 for it. As it goes, it's kinda grown on me. I like the yellow and quite like having a button up. Be interesting to go in the Saints store when they do stock this shirt to see the difference between mine and the real one.

So you don’t like the shirt but bought one anyway? I think I’ll save my £15 and spend it on something I want. Like a ticket to the Fulham game or beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the kit is sh*t but I bought the away one for a tenner for my 5 a side team who play mostly in black. It's not bad.

So you don’t like the shirt but bought one anyway? I think I’ll save my £15 and spend it on something I want. Like a ticket to the Fulham game or beer.

I'm happy risking £15 on a shirt I quite likely may not like given the pictures of it. As it goes, now I have it, I do think it's worth £15. I wouldn't spend £55 on the real one though

• 2 weeks later...

My final words on this subject :

I took the advice from the website and pre-ordered 3 shirts for my grandsons (to be collected from Westquay).

When I got there they told me they’d be ready by Wednesday! I overheard the guy next to me being told that printing would be done within an hour ! To cut a long story short, I cancelled my pre-order and got the shirts printed instore within the hour !!

The staff were helpful so I’m not complaining but it does seem daft that preorders take longer than just turning up in the shop !

Still a bit peeved that there was no reduction for the delay as I now have to pay postage to Belgium and South Africa which would not have been the case a month ago (they were here in UK) !

Anyway, it’s done and dusted and the youngsters should be happy !

• 3 weeks later...

Received my son's shirt through the post. Not impressed in the slightest. Ordered YXL as this was the size of last season's that still fits nicely. This season's YXL is considerably smaller. My son is a tall for his age but the next size up is a men's at another £13.

The shirt also had a reddish/pink stain on the white stripe and a big stain all around the logo on the inside of the shirt. The logo itself was mucky. Expect more from Saints and for £42!!

Received my son's shirt through the post. Not impressed in the slightest. Ordered YXL as this was the size of last season's that still fits nicely. This season's YXL is considerably smaller. My son is a tall for his age but the next size up is a men's at another £13.

The shirt also had a reddish/pink stain on the white stripe and a big stain all around the logo on the inside of the shirt. The logo itself was mucky. Expect more from Saints and for £42!!

I’d send it back, that sounds like exactly the reason the first batch we’re scrapped.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/49655721

"Chelcee Grimes and stylist Jay Hines run the rule over the Premier League kits for the 2019-20 season. Which kit will be crowned the league's best and which deserve to go down?"

Saints home shirt is critiqued at at 2:17, naturally comes in the bottom 3. Then again, the opinion of somebody spelling their name Chelcee must be suspect.

Yup the sizes are definitely smaller this season :(

Yup the sizes are definitely smaller this season :(
That's interesting... I have a just-turned 7 year old who is tall for his age, and had a YXS last year that just fits (but would get one size up for this year, so was planning on a YS).

I also have a just-about-to-turn 5 year old who is small for his age, he still comfortably fits into the 'toddler kit' and his brother's YXS from last year is too big for him. Been waiting for any news of the new toddler kit coming out (which is also much better value as you get the shorts and socks) but there doesn't seem to be any sign.

It sounds like, if the shirts this year are smaller, I might be better off with a YMD and YXS - although the size guide on the website suggests both would be too big?

Annoyingly not local to Southampton otherwise I'd just take them into the shop.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
First team shirts currently on offer at 30% off, just in time for Xmas.

Bit early in the season for that, did they not shift enough early due to the delivery delay or has it simply not been a good seller this year?

The kit is terrible and so is the quality I wouldn’t pay a tenner and use it at walking football it’s that bad.

Popped into the store today to see about getting my 2 year old a shirt for Christmas as I had the last 2 years (even though it looks horrible).

Unfortunately, although saints ordered young child shirts, UA didn't make them so there wont be any this year.

First team shirts currently on offer at 30% off, just in time for Xmas.

Bit early in the season for that, did they not shift enough early due to the delivery delay or has it simply not been a good seller this year?

It's a ghastly looking shirt that was severely delayed and then worn by a team that are an embarrassment to represent when out in public. How many more reasons do you need to indicate why they are being heavily discounted BEFORE Christmas.

I've made it clear to any thrifty members of my family that I do not want the shirt for Christmas, even if they are attracted by the price!