Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 163

Thread: Krueger departs

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    27,627

    Default Ralph Krueger to leave the club

    As what is says
    Last edited by Batman; 12-04-2019 at 09:16 AM.

  2. #2

    Default

    Interesting to see what this means in the long term... Gao taking a more hands on role?

  3. Default

    I have no idea what the impact of this is will be , but as stability has not been Saints best mate for many years , probably absolutely nothing.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bartonia 2, 000, 000 years ago
    Posts
    6,983

    Default

    Someone get some "Chairman Gao" t-shirts printed up !

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    4,171
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Well that is roughly £650k saved from the wage bill every year.

    It might be a case of Gao wanting more control following the dismal 2/3 years we have had since his takeover.

    Thanks for the service Ralph- presided over both the good and the bad of the last 6 years.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    29,053
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Well I'm just pleased we won't have to endure any more of those interviews.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    1,861

    Default

    I have this terrible feeling everything's going to go pear-shaped.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simo View Post
    Someone get some "Chairman Gao" t-shirts printed up !
    This

    Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

  9. #9

    Default

    With news about Chinese state ownership coming out this week as well, coincidence I think not.....

  10. #10

    Default

    You should have put his first name in the title, rather than surname. That'd have caused a few panic attacks.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    1,631

    Default

    Wow, wasn't expecting this. I hope there's a replacement lined up or a plan in place?

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    Well I'm just pleased we won't have to endure any more of those interviews.
    Remember that we should be proud with how Sadio Mane is performing at Liverpool.

    Be interesting to see what happens in the Summer. Gao taking more control will probably be awful for the future.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    4,171
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    Well I'm just pleased we won't have to endure any more of those interviews.
    This is certainly true. Mastered the art of waffling.

    However, will we ever know what the five pledges were?

  14. Default

    Just came up as an alert on my phone. My initial reaction is like Danbert above - "ok, what does this mean?"

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Camden, London
    Posts
    9,901

    Default

    WTF? Where did that come from?
    Not great timing before important match. Flummoxed.

  16. Default

    IIRC, didn't Hassenhuttl mention when he joined that it was Krueger who was instrumental in convincing him to come and manage Saints? Something about a German-speaking chemistry between the two of them? Clutching at conspiracy theory straws I know, but hope this doesn't dampen Ralph #2's enthusiasm for the job.

    Timing does seem somewhat odd (i.e. why not wait until end of season to announce it? His contract end on 30th June so could've announced it after last game?)

    (Usual thinking-out-loud stuff from me)
    Last edited by trousers; 12-04-2019 at 09:23 AM.

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Danbert View Post
    I have this terrible feeling everything's going to go pear-shaped.
    Hmmm me too. While it wasn't always clear what Krueger did, and his interviews were difficult to listen to, I always had the impression he acceded to Reed for transfers. And of course when Reed left, he appeared to be involved in the decision to appoint Hasenhuttl, which was obviously a masterstroke.

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Camden, London
    Posts
    9,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    IIRC, didn't Hassenhuttl say when he joined that it was Kruger who was instrumental in convincing him to manage Saints? Something about a German-speaking chemistry between the two of them? Clutching at conspiracy theory straws I know, but hope this doesn't dampen Ralph #2's enthusiasm for the job.

    (Usual thinking-out-loud stuff from me)
    Oh crap. Why do we never get more than two months of a bit of joy?

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Perth, in the land of Oz
    Posts
    5,937

    Default

    Did he not have a lot to do with securing the services of RH, how's that going to go down with our manager?

  20. #20

    Default

    Wait wait wait...He's been here SIX YEARS?!?! Wow =|

  21. #21

    Default

    So we now have no chairman and no director if football (or whatever Les's role was).

    Is it going to be down to a few willing parents like my sons football team??!

  22. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Instant Classic View Post
    You should have put his first name in the title, rather than surname. That'd have caused a few panic attacks.
    Going to use this tactic in a message to some mates who might not have seen this news yet, thanks

    Edit: worked a treat
    Last edited by mrfahaji; 12-04-2019 at 09:23 AM.

  23. #23

    Default

    Massive void at the top of the club currently. No director of football and now no chairman.

  24. #24

    Default

    Good news. He talked absolute ******** and was never suited to the role.

  25. #25

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Camden, London
    Posts
    9,901

    Default

    Club needs to explain WTF is going on. And quickly.

  26. #26

    Default

    Misleading headline. He has not departed yet. He is still chairman until his current contract runs out on June 30th.

  27. #27

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!
    Posts
    17,948

    Default

    Meh never a big fan can't say I'll lose any sleep over him not being here.. having said that until we know the new plan it's hard to say if it's a good thing or not...you can never tell with saints if they are just jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire or not...

    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by doddisalegend; 12-04-2019 at 11:23 AM.

  28. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DT View Post
    Club needs to explain WTF is going on. And quickly.
    They’ve let a non-footballing member of staff go. One that 99% of the time I’d forgotten was even at the club.

  29. #29

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Southsea Saint
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLondon View Post
    Interesting to see what this means in the long term... Gao taking a more hands on role?
    No disrespect to him but I don’t think his English is good enough to be honest.
    Last edited by BILLY; 12-04-2019 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Grammar police

  30. #30

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    29,053
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nta786 View Post
    This is certainly true. Mastered the art of waffling.

    However, will we ever know what the five pledges were?
    It contrasts with the manager who is very straight talking and actually answers questions. I hope whoever we get in now will actually be worth listening to.

  31. #31

    Default

    He’s jumped before SHTF

  32. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DT View Post
    Club needs to explain WTF is going on. And quickly.
    What else do they need to explain?

    They weren't going to renew his contract so they've decided he best go now. New structure in the Summer.

  33. #33

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,112

    Default

    I don't think he will be a loss per se, but what this means in a wider sense is anyone's guess. Maybe he just wants another challenge after 6 years. It is a longish stint at the top of any big company.

  34. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Supersubpuckett View Post
    So we now have no chairman and no director if football (or whatever Les's role was).

    Is it going to be down to a few willing parents like my sons football team??!
    Don't forget the toilet roll for the changing rooms this weekend..

    It's on the OS. Announcement regarding new organisation at the end of the season.

  35. #35

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Southsea Saint
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saints1988 View Post
    With news about Chinese state ownership coming out this week as well, coincidence I think not.....

    Worse things happen at sea! Yeah it could be trouble in the end but imagine being owed by the Chinese State, a big transfer fund? Red Army!

  36. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Saints View Post
    Good news. He talked absolute ******** and was never suited to the role.
    Why? Because he was Canadian? Or because his background was in hockey?

    Personally I was never that bothered by his drivel; sure, I'd have preferred it to be less waffly, but I also felt like things were turning to sh1t and Krueger was the guy in charge of spinning it. At least he actually faced questions, unlike Reed who resembled the Homer-Simpson-Walking-Back-Through-A-Hedge meme as soon as things started to go awry.

    If Reed and Krueger had both gone earlier in the season then I'd be less concerned than I am now, as since then things have improved significantly.

  37. #37

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Was NI now Shropshire..!
    Posts
    7,979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DT View Post
    Club needs to explain WTF is going on. And quickly.
    They have. Ralphs' leaving.

  38. #38

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    stamping on peoples dreams since 2010
    Posts
    28,146

    Default

    My sources tell me failure to deliver the five pledges are the reason

  39. Default

    It's been in the offing for a while now. I've seen a few articles over the last year suggesting he was getting job offers back in hockey. I just hope it doesn't have any negative effect on RH position as I understand he was instrumental in his appointment.

  40. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by locksheathslim View Post
    Misleading headline. He has not departed yet. He is still chairman until his current contract runs out on June 30th.
    Good point, makes it a bit less of a concern - could go either way but a lot better than just getting rid him now!

  41. #41

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Amesbury
    Posts
    13,327

    Default

    Some of the reactions on here are hilarious, an employee of the club has left its nothing new and
    will most likely have little effect on us.

    A change has been needed at his level and Reeds and now its happened,
    Isn't that what loads of you wanted?

    It could be changes for the better, you never know

  42. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by locksheathslim View Post
    Misleading headline. He has not departed yet. He is still chairman until his current contract runs out on June 30th.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfahaji View Post
    Good point, makes it a bit less of a concern - could go either way but a lot better than just getting rid him now!
    Echo says 'with immediate effect'

  43. #43

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Camden, London
    Posts
    9,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maysie View Post
    What else do they need to explain?

    They weren't going to renew his contract so they've decided he best go now. New structure in the Summer.
    Oh. Okay. Nothing to see here. Thanks (not being sarcastic)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  44. #44

    Default

    As its announced now, its very likely that Kruegers new job will be announced imminently. and thet required a SFC Statement now.

    As we're only getting further announcements at the end of the season. I think its a safe bet that we'll be getting staffed with people at another football club so cant announce anything yet.

    I'm wondering if the Paul Mitchell rumours from 6 months ago will come to fruition when RB Leibzigs season ends....

  45. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BILLY View Post
    No disrespect to him but I donít think heís English is good enough to be honest.
    What a beautifully ironic post.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  46. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DT View Post
    Club needs to explain WTF is going on. And quickly.
    Not sure if you have seen the announcement but they already have. RK has left the club after 6 years and whilst the focus will be on the next 6 games to ensure survival, At the end of the season the club will release more information about the future leadership structure.

    Calm down captain mannering. Businesses lose staff all the time and other good employees come in and sometimes staff are replaced to allow the business to change strategy / focus for the better.

  47. #47

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    the metropolis of Southampton
    Posts
    6,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    IIRC, didn't Hassenhuttl mention when he joined that it was Krueger who was instrumental in convincing him to come and manage Saints? Something about a German-speaking chemistry between the two of them? Clutching at conspiracy theory straws I know, but hope this doesn't dampen Ralph #2's enthusiasm for the job.

    Timing does seem somewhat odd (i.e. why not wait until end of season to announce it? His contract end on 30th June so could've announced it after last game?)

    (Usual thinking-out-loud stuff from me)
    The two Ralphs were out for a tete a tete meal in Soton after the Brighton game, now we know the reason why.
    RK drove me mad with his gobblygook corporate speak and his lack of understanding of what makes fans tick, but I think his heart was basically in the right place and better the devil you know I guess

  48. #48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wild-saint View Post
    Not sure if you have seen the announcement but they already have. RK has left the club after 6 years and whilst the focus will be on the next 6 games to ensure survival, At the end of the season the club will release more information about the future leadership structure.

    Calm down captain mannering. Businesses lose staff all the time and other good employees come in and sometimes staff are replaced to allow the business to change strategy / focus for the better.
    It's actually Captain Mainwaring. Yep, it shook me when I learnt that too...

    (I think the reason people are concerned is that they don't trust Chairman Gao to appoint the right replacement, but of course it might work out for the best)

  49. #49

    Default

    Lets hope we bring in Martin Bain, great experience in the game.

  50. #50

    Default

    Bring back Cortese!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •