Krueger departs

Batman

Well that is roughly £650k saved from the wage bill every year.

It might be a case of Gao wanting more control following the dismal 2/3 years we have had since his takeover.

Thanks for the service Ralph- presided over both the good and the bad of the last 6 years.

IIRC, didn't Hassenhuttl mention when he joined that it was Krueger who was instrumental in convincing him to come and manage Saints? Something about a German-speaking chemistry between the two of them? Clutching at conspiracy theory straws I know, but hope this doesn't dampen Ralph #2's enthusiasm for the job.

Timing does seem somewhat odd (i.e. why not wait until end of season to announce it? His contract end on 30th June so could've announced it after last game?)

(Usual thinking-out-loud stuff from me)

Edited by trousers

I have this terrible feeling everything's going to go pear-shaped.

Hmmm me too. While it wasn't always clear what Krueger did, and his interviews were difficult to listen to, I always had the impression he acceded to Reed for transfers. And of course when Reed left, he appeared to be involved in the decision to appoint Hasenhuttl, which was obviously a masterstroke.

IIRC, didn't Hassenhuttl say when he joined that it was Kruger who was instrumental in convincing him to manage Saints? Something about a German-speaking chemistry between the two of them? Clutching at conspiracy theory straws I know, but hope this doesn't dampen Ralph #2's enthusiasm for the job.

Oh crap. Why do we never get more than two months of a bit of joy?

You should have put his first name in the title, rather than surname. That'd have caused a few panic attacks.

Going to use this tactic in a message to some mates who might not have seen this news yet, thanks :lol:

Edit: worked a treat

Edited by mrfahaji

Meh never a big fan can't say I'll lose any sleep over him not being here.. having said that until we know the new plan it's hard to say if it's a good thing or not...you can never tell with saints if they are just jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire or not...

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Edited by doddisalegend

Interesting to see what this means in the long term... Gao taking a more hands on role?

No disrespect to him but I don’t think his English is good enough to be honest.

Edited by BILLY
Grammar police

So we now have no chairman and no director if football (or whatever Les's role was).

Is it going to be down to a few willing parents like my sons football team??!

Don't forget the toilet roll for the changing rooms this weekend..

It's on the OS. Announcement regarding new organisation at the end of the season.

With news about Chinese state ownership coming out this week as well, coincidence I think not.....

Worse things happen at sea! Yeah it could be trouble in the end but imagine being owed by the Chinese State, a big transfer fund? Red Army!

Good news. He talked absolute ******** and was never suited to the role.

Why? Because he was Canadian? Or because his background was in hockey?

Personally I was never that bothered by his drivel; sure, I'd have preferred it to be less waffly, but I also felt like things were turning to sh1t and Krueger was the guy in charge of spinning it. At least he actually faced questions, unlike Reed who resembled the Homer-Simpson-Walking-Back-Through-A-Hedge meme as soon as things started to go awry.

If Reed and Krueger had both gone earlier in the season then I'd be less concerned than I am now, as since then things have improved significantly.

It's been in the offing for a while now. I've seen a few articles over the last year suggesting he was getting job offers back in hockey. I just hope it doesn't have any negative effect on RH position as I understand he was instrumental in his appointment.

Some of the reactions on here are hilarious, an employee of the club has left its nothing new and

will most likely have little effect on us.

A change has been needed at his level and Reeds and now its happened,

Isn't that what loads of you wanted?

It could be changes for the better, you never know

What else do they need to explain?

They weren't going to renew his contract so they've decided he best go now. New structure in the Summer.

Oh. Okay. Nothing to see here. Thanks (not being sarcastic)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As its announced now, its very likely that Kruegers new job will be announced imminently. and thet required a SFC Statement now.

As we're only getting further announcements at the end of the season. I think its a safe bet that we'll be getting staffed with people at another football club so cant announce anything yet.

I'm wondering if the Paul Mitchell rumours from 6 months ago will come to fruition when RB Leibzigs season ends....

Club needs to explain WTF is going on. And quickly.

Not sure if you have seen the announcement but they already have. RK has left the club after 6 years and whilst the focus will be on the next 6 games to ensure survival, At the end of the season the club will release more information about the future leadership structure.

Calm down captain mannering. Businesses lose staff all the time and other good employees come in and sometimes staff are replaced to allow the business to change strategy / focus for the better.

IIRC, didn't Hassenhuttl mention when he joined that it was Krueger who was instrumental in convincing him to come and manage Saints? Something about a German-speaking chemistry between the two of them? Clutching at conspiracy theory straws I know, but hope this doesn't dampen Ralph #2's enthusiasm for the job.

Timing does seem somewhat odd (i.e. why not wait until end of season to announce it? His contract end on 30th June so could've announced it after last game?)

The two Ralphs were out for a tete a tete meal in Soton after the Brighton game, now we know the reason why.

RK drove me mad with his gobblygook corporate speak and his lack of understanding of what makes fans tick, but I think his heart was basically in the right place and better the devil you know I guess

Not sure if you have seen the announcement but they already have. RK has left the club after 6 years and whilst the focus will be on the next 6 games to ensure survival, At the end of the season the club will release more information about the future leadership structure.

Calm down captain mannering. Businesses lose staff all the time and other good employees come in and sometimes staff are replaced to allow the business to change strategy / focus for the better.

It's actually Captain Mainwaring. Yep, it shook me when I learnt that too...

(I think the reason people are concerned is that they don't trust Chairman Gao to appoint the right replacement, but of course it might work out for the best)