Krueger departs

Batman

Mixed views really. Spoke a load of waffle & was often infuriating, but his heart was in the right place.

I think he protected Gao quite well really & I think has done some good stuff behind the scenes.

I was led to believe he played a key role in appointing Ralph H, so we should always be grateful to him for that.

As FF said, better the devil you know. (Maybe).

Echo says 'with immediate effect'

Echo: After Krueger had been informed, both parties decided it was in the best interests of all involved for the former ice hockey coach to depart immediately.

The Daily Echo understands that vice-chairman Martin Semmens will step in to take control of the day-to-day running of the club and is the frontrunner to take charge on a permanent basis.

As its announced now, its very likely that Kruegers new job will be announced imminently. and thet required a SFC Statement now.

As we're only getting further announcements at the end of the season. I think its a safe bet that we'll be getting staffed with people at another football club so cant announce anything yet.

I'm wondering if the Paul Mitchell rumours from 6 months ago will come to fruition when RB Leibzigs season ends....

Yeh I was wondering if they may have been lining Mitchell up for his job now !

I have this terrible feeling everything's going to go pear-shaped.

Something about big rats leaving sinking ships perhaps?

Did he jump or was he pushed is the question that has not been answered. The difficulty as I see it is if Ralph K was the architect of Ralph H's appointment; recalling the Pochettino / Cortese situation.

Not all change is bad, not all change is good but stability is not a word that can be attributed to the going's on at St Mary's since its opening less than twenty years ago.

Thank you Ralph for all your work behind the scenes over the las few years to promote the cause of SFC. On balance you have helped more than hindered and only your reluctance to condemn REED and eject him much earlier blots your copy book. Good Luck!

Have we pushed out the two mongs that drove Mitchell up the wall?

Can RH really be dictating what he wants at the club as I thought he was just the manager?

Time will tell and it could either be great news for the club or a total disaster as RH will follow too.

I saw an article yesterday that Chelsea, Utd and Arsenal are all chasing him..

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/11690968/manchester-united-chelsea-and-arsenal-all-chasing-paul-mitchell

Yes, but if soneone is offered head of recruitment at the three big clubs, could you stave that off by offering them the chairman position?

Purely speculation of course. But maybe a possibility

The two Ralphs were out for a tete a tete meal in Soton after the Brighton game, now we know the reason why.

RK drove me mad with his gobblygook corporate speak and his lack of understanding of what makes fans tick, but I think his heart was basically in the right place and better the devil you know I guess

Agree.

Good luck to him in his ice hockey coaching career. We'll probably miss him about as much as we've missed Reed, who similarly did so little that we didn't even need to bring in a replacement.

Krueger didn’t have the same influence as Reed. Krueger was basically Kat and Goa’s representative on earth, relaying, interpreting and implementing their instructions. His function was always more important to the owners than to the playing side or results on the pitch (hence Mitchell wouldn’t be interested in or even in the running for it).

Perhaps Goa’s decided he doesn’t need that intermediation or extra organisational layer because he’s intending to take a more hands-on role or maybe that Krueger’s role is better carried out by someone close to Goa who speaks the same language or maybe he’s simply decided that £650K is a king’s ransom for a part-time, symbolic role like chairman (which it is). Whether all this is a good or bad thing depends, I guess, on how much confidence you have in Goa’s competence and motives.

Edited by shurlock

Well that is roughly £650k saved from the wage bill every year.

It might be a case of Gao wanting more control following the dismal 2/3 years we have had since his takeover.

Thanks for the service Ralph- presided over both the good and the bad of the last 6 years.

Oh don’t you worry, that £650k will be lining someone else’s pocket. Let’s hope it’s someone good rather than an associate in the failed Lander corporation.

Kruger's statement seems very brief and says nothing. Can I assume he didn't see this coming?

Would be nice to have a bit of stability, but it's only worth maintaining stability if we're on the right course.

Let's hope whoever's making the decisions has a good plan.

Krueger went up in my estimation after the club brought in Hasenhüttl.

I’m assuming that the decision to end the contract a little early rather than wait until the summer might have something to do with the fact that the regular NHL season just ended. There’s probably a few clubs that didn’t make the playoffs that are looking for new coaches.

A lot of people have been concerned with the seemingly lack of statements since the new owner took over and where the club is going.

My hope is that of the Wolves experience when they got taken over by Chinese investors.

I read somewhere that they also kept quiet for over 18 months but had observers that took stock for that period so that the new owners could make informed decisions about the club. The success Wolves have had and the fact that Saints also had these observers, (someone posted that on here), gives me hope that this will

be the case here. Of course it still needs the right decisions to be made and its probably the case that Krueger going is, at least, one of them.

Here's hoping!

Yes, bring back Nicola (The Don) Cortese. Give him a free hand and he would sort things out from top to bottom.

I think that confidence in the club would soar!

Can't someone start a petition that we could all vote for?

I believe Turkish is on it as we speak.

Interesting to see the Echo article on it mentions again that the clubs finances were in a bad state when he arrived, of course according to the Cortese fan boys here that couldn't possibly be true

Someone surprised that promotion from league 1 (to the Premier league) and a new training ground might generate some debt......

giphy.gif

No disrespect to him but I don’t think his English is good enough to be honest.

What a beautifully ironic post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone surprised that promotion from league 1 (to the Premier league) and a new training ground might generate some debt......

giphy.gif

Some fools were more "surprised" and *****ed about us not spending zillions every window after it....

Nope, not surprised at all, but there's a hell of a lot more to the story than that. The mad midget definitely didn't run us particularly well.

Nope, not surprised at all, but there's a hell of a lot more to the story than that. The mad midget definitely didn't run us particularly well.

from -10 points in division 3 to being set up for European football in a short few years, suggest he did a fairly decent job

The difficulty as I see it is if Ralph K was the architect of Ralph H's appointment; recalling the Pochettino / Cortese situation.

Bit late to the news, on first reading this the first thing that popped into my head.

......................of course 1 or 2 might have put on one of their surveys that they would only renew if that Krueger fellow wasn't around :p

Going into a rebuilding window without a permanent chairman or director of football isn't good.

If there is no money to buy players as Gao has said on several occasions then we don't need a DOF or CEO, just a magician and we seem to have one in place. Rabbits out of hutches perhaps?

I read this morning that psg owners (basically Qatar) want to buy a premier league club. So, knitting all this together, China has taken ownership of saints by shafting gao and lander, will sell to Qatar for a fortune to pay off some debt and we'll be in the champions league with naymar playing for us and Paul Mitchell running everything.

Alternatively they didn't want to renew the contract of a very average chairman who almost got us relegated (twice ... Actually, let's not tempt fate, we could still be) had no rapport with the fan base, talked utter corporate drivel, instead of English, and oversaw a deterioration in finances due to horrific player recruitment and contract extensions because he had zero football knowledge with which to control les reed. And they think they might somehow be able to do better.

Either way, I'm not overly concerned ...

Edited by Chewy
Drivel, not drive ...