Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 249

Thread: Weekend's other games (April 12-15)

  1. #51

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    It's grim oop north
    Posts
    7,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    I’m genuinely convinced Liverpool will win the title, I just can’t see them dropping another point.
    No I can't see them dropping points either, but City still have a couple of trickier fixtures including a derby at OT, which is by no means a gimme given Utd's upturn since Ole took the reigns.

  2. #52

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    27,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bexy View Post
    No I can't see them dropping points either, but City still have a couple of trickier fixtures including a derby at OT, which is by no means a gimme given Utd's upturn since Ole took the reigns.
    it would be even funnier for Liverpool to not win the league with the number of points they are going to get

  3. #53

    Default

    Arrizalabalallaga has barey had a save to make

  4. #54

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    27,266

    Default

    Chelsea need to bin Sarri in the summer.
    Not good enough for that level/team IMO

  5. Default

    Mane at 30-34m looked a bargain. Hoped I'd be proved wrong and he'd flop... But wow that boy can play.

    What he worth now?

  6. #56

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fulchester
    Posts
    9,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_D View Post
    I can see it being peak Liverpool for them to win all their games only to see City do the same.
    We can but hope. However, citeh have spurs and utd to come, so it's a huge ask.

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scotty View Post
    We can but hope. However, citeh have spurs and utd to come, so it's a huge ask.
    Sitting on a near 4/1 average for a Liverpool title... Will be £1,800 I'm absolutely loathed to collect.

    Tiger however winning the masters would make a perfect betting weekend... Come on

  8. #58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Sitting on a near 4/1 average for a Liverpool title... Will be £1,800 I'm absolutely loathed to collect.

    Tiger however winning the masters would make a perfect betting weekend... Come on
    You ought to hedge that Liverpool bet.

    It is only rookie gamblers who don't hedge a bet worth £1,800.

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Sitting on a near 4/1 average for a Liverpool title... Will be £1,800 I'm absolutely loathed to collect.

    Tiger however winning the masters would make a perfect betting weekend... Come on



  10. #60

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    16,757

    Default

    Cracking dive by Salah again tonight.

  11. #61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scotty View Post
    We can but hope. However, citeh have spurs and utd to come, so it's a huge ask.
    Liverpool’s next two PL games against Cardiff and Huddersfield.
    City have Spurs then Man Utd
    Know a Utd fan who would happily lose that derby rather than allow the scousers to win the title

  12. #62

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Searching for the voice of reason
    Posts
    3,806
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whelk View Post
    Liverpool’s next two PL games against Cardiff and Huddersfield.
    City have Spurs then Man Utd
    Know a Utd fan who would happily lose that derby rather than allow the scousers to win the title
    Ole signing a permanent contract has united the whole of Manchester. It’s quite funny how United fans love Ole for being ‘one of us’ and City fans seeing Ole as a light weight manager that has only lifted the Mourinho black cloud.

  13. #63

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    6,545

    Default

    Watford looking useful. Will be a tough game when we play them - hopefully safe by then.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  14. #64

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    6,545

    Default

    Foster howler!

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  15. #65

    Default

    Deeney sent off, will miss our game.

  16. #66

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    6,545

    Default

    Deeney sent off. Misses our game.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  17. #67

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    6,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saints foreva View Post
    Deeney sent off, will miss our game.
    Oh dear. How sad. Never mind.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  18. Default

    Watford looks excellent to be honest. Very dynamic in attack and through the middle.

  19. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saints foreva View Post
    Deeney sent off, will miss our game.
    If true, a massive bonus.

    Impressive side.

  20. #70

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    6,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S-Clarke View Post
    Watford looks excellent to be honest. Very dynamic in attack and through the middle.
    But a bunch of thugs.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  21. #71

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    3,891

    Default

    Some of the online commentators (BBC, Telegraph) are suggesting that Deeney’s red card was harsh. I wonder if he’ll have a chance of appealing it.

  22. #72

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    6,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Albert View Post
    Some of the online commentators (BBC, Telegraph) are suggesting that Deeney’s red card was harsh. I wonder if he’ll have a chance of appealing it.
    Looked a clear elbow to me. Sky saying it's clear cut.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Shroppie; 15-04-2019 at 08:04 PM.

  23. #73

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ampshoire - where else?!
    Posts
    6,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Albert View Post
    Some of the online commentators (BBC, Telegraph) are suggesting that Deeney’s red card was harsh. I wonder if he’ll have a chance of appealing it.
    Pointless it’s Watford.
    His kids will be happy - Easter with Dad.

  24. Default

    Red seems harsh to me. Wouldn't be surprised if it was downgraded to a yellow on appeal

    https://twitter.com/Futbol_Replays/s...082648576?s=19

  25. #75

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    It's grim oop north
    Posts
    7,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    Red seems harsh to me. Wouldn't be surprised if it was downgraded to a yellow on appeal

    https://twitter.com/Futbol_Replays/s...082648576?s=19
    Looked deliberate to me. A clear, unnatural movement of his elbow towards Torreira's face.

    The rules is the rules.

  26. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bexy View Post
    Looked deliberate to me. A clear, unnatural movement of his elbow towards Torreira's face.

    The rules is the rules.
    Agree. I think he knew what he was doing.

  27. #77

    Default

    What the hell happened here? Don't think I have ever seen anything like this! Got to see if I can find the entire game to watch.

    https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/13...talanta-Empoli
    https://understat.com/match/9887

  28. #78

    Default

    The pressure of the much coveted 7th place clearly telling.
    Watford, Leicester, West Ham, Everton and Wolves all losing

  29. #79

    Default

    No way should that have been a red. Doubt the fa will rescind though.

  30. #80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baird of the land View Post
    No way should that have been a red. Doubt the fa will rescind though.
    You're not really allowed to deliberately elbow/forearm an opposing player in the face though.

  31. Default

    Do we want Brighton to win or do we want them to draw?

  32. #82

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Perth, in the land of Oz
    Posts
    5,915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesfp1 View Post
    Do we want Brighton to win or do we want them to draw?
    We need to stay up, so Cardiff need to lose. Simple.

  33. #83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesfp1 View Post
    Do we want Brighton to win or do we want them to draw?
    Any result is fine for us, but in a perfect world Brighton will win.

  34. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gingeletiss View Post
    We need to stay up, so Cardiff need to lose. Simple.
    Yeah, would like Cardiff to go. The St Mary's defeat haunts me & the way they've handled the Sala situation recently makes me think they deserve to go.

  35. #85

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    6,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesfp1 View Post
    Do we want Brighton to win or do we want them to draw?
    Cardiff winning makes it a more exciting battle (probably just between Cardiff and Brighton) but I'd rather see Saints safe asap rather than excitement, so Brighton win. Hopefully with an offside goal and dodgy penalty.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  36. #86

    Default Weekend's other games (April 12-15)

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesfp1 View Post
    Do we want Brighton to win or do we want them to draw?
    Brighton - to win. The sooner we are safe the better.

  37. #87

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!
    Posts
    17,832

    Default

    I think we are already safe, we will pick up more points before the end of season, and the higher up the table we finish the better. So just for interest and to keep Brighton below us I'd be happy enough for Cardiff to win even then we are 5pts and better GD above Cardiff.

  38. #88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toadhall Saint View Post
    Brighton - to win. The sooner we are safe the better.
    We are safe.

  39. #89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doddisalegend View Post
    I think we are already safe, we will pick up more points before the end of season, and the higher up the table we finish the better. So just for interest and to keep Brighton below us I'd be happy enough for Cardiff to win even then we are 5pts and better GD above Cardiff.
    This. More entertaining end to season.

  40. #90

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Camden, London
    Posts
    9,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CB Fry View Post
    This. More entertaining end to season.
    agreed (crikey)

  41. #91

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ampshoire - where else?!
    Posts
    6,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    Red seems harsh to me. Wouldn't be surprised if it was downgraded to a yellow on appeal

    https://twitter.com/Futbol_Replays/s...082648576?s=19
    First time I’ve seen that, aside from just realising why I’m not a doctor - because I couldn’t differentiate between the elbow and the wrist.
    As much as I would like him to miss our game that is a pretty soft red. He’s watching the ball all the time too.
    As it’s Watford doubt it will be rescinded, they might not even bother to appeal through fear of him missing the FA cup, when the FA add a couple more games to the ban for having the temerity to question the validity of the decision.

  42. #92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Boy Saint View Post
    First time I’ve seen that, aside from just realising why I’m not a doctor - because I couldn’t differentiate between the elbow and the wrist.
    As much as I would like him to miss our game that is a pretty soft red. He’s watching the ball all the time too.
    As it’s Watford doubt it will be rescinded, they might not even bother to appeal through fear of him missing the FA cup, when the FA add a couple more games to the ban for having the temerity to question the validity of the decision.
    When I viewed this it was the rear view of the incident that convinced me it was deliberate, it was a clear red.

  43. #93

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hidden behind enemy lines
    Posts
    10,560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toadhall Saint View Post
    Brighton - to win. The sooner we are safe the better.
    I'm going to call it now - Cardiff lose the next two, we draw at Newcastle on Saturday and are mathematically safe, bar a 25 goal swing in the last 3 games.

  44. #94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Boy Saint View Post
    First time I’ve seen that, aside from just realising why I’m not a doctor - because I couldn’t differentiate between the elbow and the wrist.
    As much as I would like him to miss our game that is a pretty soft red. He’s watching the ball all the time too.
    As it’s Watford doubt it will be rescinded, they might not even bother to appeal through fear of him missing the FA cup, when the FA add a couple more games to the ban for having the temerity to question the validity of the decision.
    It wasn’t a heavy hit to the face but Deeney went out of his way to deliver it. The pair of them had had a bit of a disagreement a few minutes earlier.

  45. #95

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Camden, London
    Posts
    9,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey Grandad View Post
    It wasn’t a heavy hit to the face but Deeney went out of his way to deliver it. The pair of them had had a bit of a disagreement a few minutes earlier.
    If you say that you will be giving a whack to players early on and its recorded in the media then you probably make your own bed, to be honest. Also, it was a straight red. He whacked him. Good for us.

  46. #96

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    6,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DT View Post
    If you say that you will be giving a whack to players early on and its recorded in the media then you probably make your own bed, to be honest. Also, it was a straight red. He whacked him. Good for us.
    Totally agreed. It seems to be in their culture to push aggression as far as they can. An unpleasant part of the game.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  47. #97

    Default

    When you add in Deeney’s comments from before against Arsenal something like whack the first one and see how many fancy it can’t see it being recinded.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  48. #98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Give it to Ron View Post
    When you add in Deeney’s comments from before against Arsenal something like whack the first one and see how many fancy it can’t see it being recinded.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's a good point. During the game itself the officials can't take into consideration anything that was said before but during any FA disciplinary hearing it would probably be included.

  49. #99

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    6,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Give it to Ron View Post
    When you add in Deeney’s comments from before against Arsenal something like whack the first one and see how many fancy it can’t see it being recinded.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    His reaction won't have helped either. Clearly suggesting he thinks a forearm smash is a legal move.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  50. #100

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Searching for the voice of reason
    Posts
    3,806
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doddisalegend View Post
    I think we are already safe, we will pick up more points before the end of season, and the higher up the table we finish the better. So just for interest and to keep Brighton below us I'd be happy enough for Cardiff to win even then we are 5pts and better GD above Cardiff.
    And also give Cardiff some hope in the Liverpool game rather than roll over. If they could get a draw and scupper the dippers title challenge that would be enjoyable.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •