Weekend's other games (April 12-15)

Chewy

Wouldn’t count on Wolves taking to the pitch smelling of Hawaiian Tropic and wearing flip flops just yet. No way were Watford just going to lay down in that cup semi at 2-0 down. Against us we punched them on the nose early doors, gave them a bit of freedom to roam in midfield but stayed disciplined in defence, when they equalised whereas before we would have crumbled we quickly responded. Liverpool didn’t cruise past us although the score line looked like they did.

We are on an upwards curve, stuck Sims in the mix (who delivered what he does), which an hour before kick off Wolves were going to have to scrabble around to find data on.

Brighton look like just a bowl of milky porridge - Wolves fans alone are not going to let their team cruise at home on Saturday, 7th place is still on the table with a game in hand.

Cardiff under Warnock are battlers, he ain’t going to let them go down without a fight. Last night could have seen them cut further adrift with games running out, now they have a target for Warnock to pump them up for.

agree with all of that. Cardiff have the hard-nosed battling spirit of their manager. Hughton's too cool and calm demeanour may prove a bit of a problem for Brighton at the moment, especially with little flair to get them through. PS if they do go down, Solly March and Dunk would do very nicely please

agree with all of that. Cardiff have the hard-nosed battling spirit of their manager. Hughton's too cool and calm demeanour may prove a bit of a problem for Brighton at the moment, especially with little flair to get them through. PS if they do go down, Solly March and Dunk would do very nicely please

I expect Pascal Gross will be higher up Ralph's shopping list though.

It's ridiculous to think that we would buy players from the three relegated clubs especially old warhorses that have been around the block a few times. As Ralph observed on Saturday, it is nice to surprise your opponents by fielding a few new faces from time to time. That more or less implies that the players we do bring in will be new to this league and this country.

It's ridiculous to think that we would buy players from the three relegated clubs especially old warhorses that have been around the block a few times. As Ralph observed on Saturday, it is nice to surprise your opponents by fielding a few new faces from time to time. That more or less implies that the players we do bring in will be new to this league and this country.
It's not ridiculous at all. I don't know if any of them will be any good, but teams buy individual players from relegated teams all the time and they are often bargains. I'd take a few of Fulham's players for definite.

How is Dunk an old warhorse? Very good defender. Also young, international. And might not be too pricey if we could prise him away. Also, there's nothing wrong in picking up some of the better players from relegated teams. Often a few gems.

That's the best game of football I've seen in a loooong time.

Two teams giving it all and one juuust coming out on top.

Nice to see VAR stopping a game like that being decided by an incorrect decision, delighted to see it decided by the football.

Peter Walton insisting Llorente’s hip is his knee has to be worse.

Was at a mates house watching it; On about the forth time he said it we all shouted in unison, "it's not his f**king knee!" I'm used to pundits who apparently know sod all about the game but this guy hasn't even heard basic nursery rhymes.

What a game though and a good advert for VAR overall. I don't care if they were all stood their for a minute, the right team went through in the end.

They say the decisions even themselves up, I guess given the amount of spawny offside goals City have scored over recent years, some against us, they got pinged on one big time tonight.

They have had a few decisions in the league, although they got stitched up by an offside Liverpool goal in last year’s Champions League. But ******** to them. I’ve no sympathy for any bad luck befalling the “big 6”.

• 1 month later...