Weekend's other games (April 12-15)

Chewy

So assuming we all want to start with a Leicester win? Don't see Newcastle going down, but keeping some pressure on ahead of our trip to st James' (refuse to use the other name) together with Leicester pushing on in the chase for 7th is probably the best scenario for us I guess.

All 3 of cardiff’s Penalty appeals were pretty desperate imo

The trip on Gunarsson was probably the best shout, never the two ‘handballs’. I really hope VAR isn’t used in super slow-mo like they do on MOTD, it gives an entirely false impression of the incident. The first shout where the ball was blasted at Mee from two yards away and his arm was down by his side... do me a favour. Wright made himself sound a proper melon too, saying "it’s right at goal, that was going in." Is that relevant? Do you get a penalty if it’s a shot on target, even if it’s not deliberate?

Edited by Lighthouse

The trip on Gunarsson was probably the best shout, never the two ‘handballs’. I really hope VAR isn’t used in super slow-mo like they do on MOTD, it gives an entirely false impression of the incident. The first shout where the ball was blasted at Mee from two yards away and his arm was down by his side... do me a favour. Wright made himself sound a proper melon too, saying "it’s right at goal, that was going in." Is that relevant? Do you get a penalty if it’s a shot on target, even if it’s not deliberate?

For the Gunarsson claim I thought the defender flicked the ball away with his left foot.

I agree with you about VAR and slow motion. It gives a false impression of the incident and makes it appear as if the defender has time to get his arm out of the way. There’s also a ‘repetition bias’ at play here. When you first see the incident in real time you don’t know where the ball is going so it will appear accidental. By the time you’ve seen the replay several times and in slow motion you can convince yourself that the defender has made contact with the ball deliberately.

The Everton that are 9th....jeesh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bless em :lol: give them something. It's been a horrible few months for the Puel vs Silva gang.

Puel rightfully sacked and Leicester resurgent. Everton get wins over Chelsea, Arsenal, WHU (A) and hold Liverpool.... It's been a nightmare 6 weeks for some.

Everton are now http://www.onthebeach.co.uk

Bless em :lol: give them something. It's been a horrible few months for the Puel vs Silva gang.

Puel rightfully sacked and Leicester resurgent. Everton get wins over Chelsea, Arsenal, WHU (A) and hold Liverpool.... It's been a nightmare 6 weeks for some.

.... but this weekend the tables were turned. Leicester losing at home and Everton losing at Fulham. Silva thinks Everton will finish 7th. Bottom half more likely.

Any arm above the head is asking for trouble especially if it’s just the one arm.
Though given that his arm was above his head because Crouch sad trying to rip the shirt off his back, still wasn't a penalty.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I’m genuinely convinced Liverpool will win the title, I just can’t see them dropping another point.

its happening, isnt it

also, just shows how tactically strange Sarri is. Hazard has been electric playing wide left lately so starts him up front....when back wide left, causing havoc

small margins but that is the difference at succeeding at the top