Weekend's other games (April 12-15)

Chewy

Personally, I'd have preferred Cardiff to have lost as it would've been lights out for them and we could've just enjoyed the run in.

Them keeping things alive makes things a bit more interesting - but I always thought we'd need one more win to be sure. Bournemouth and Huddersfield at home look ripe for the picking.

Brighton are going full fathom Swansea.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

We need 3-4 points to be safe.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

We are so pessimistic. We dont need 3/4 points. That would mean Cardiff would need 9/10 points from 4 games including Liverpool and United. Not that it matters, we will pick up 6+ points between now and season end

We are so pessimistic. We dont need 3/4 points. That would mean Cardiff would need 9/10 points from 4 games including Liverpool and United. Not that it matters, we will pick up 6+ points between now and season end
You're probably right. 3-4 is a worst case scenario. I actually think Brighton may not get 36 points.

Mrs JBS is watching the Barca game - I’ve just watched the last 10 minutes. Wow it’s like watching a Kitten being teased with a bit of wool.

Huge cheer for the Ajax goal on the Camp Nou

Much the better game. Utd game over after 20 mins

I think this will give Cardiff the momentum to maybe get a point v Liverpool, probably beat Fulham and Palace. 7 pts meaning we need 2. But it could also finish Brighton. Five losses in a row and it's not likely they can turn that form around at this stage of the season.

I can see Cardiff bearing Fulham and possibly Palace. Man Utd have lost the plot again. They could finish on 38.

Brighton possibly get 3. 4 would be exceptional really.

Brighton might just see us safe even if we don’t get another point.

As for us..

Loss to Newcastle and Watford

Minimum of 4 pts from Bournemouth and Huddersfield

West Ham- who knows!

Brighton only 2 league wins in 2019, one of which was a nervy 1 goal home victory against Huddersfield. They are on an awful run of form.

I really don't want them to go down because it's a decent and easy away trip but they are sure as hell giving it a good go.

Well, would have preferred a Cardiff loss just to make ultra safe. But as others have said, we probably don’t need any more points and will probably end up picking up half a dozen or so. So, all good really. I’d also prefer Brighton to go down rather than Cardiff, I think.

Love this Ajax team, would be brilliant if they went and won the whole thing.

Shame they have already been picked apart by the big boys and the rest will go in the summer.

Still not sure why no one has gone for Ziyech.

Shame they have already been picked apart by the big boys and the rest will go in the summer.

Still not sure why no one has gone for Ziyech.

Exactly the same that happened to Monaco a few years ago. God help any team who upsets the 'apple cart'. You have to wonder if it's worth it, just for a year or two of excitement.

Hell of a lot of dross will be going from the PL, next season will be a lot more competitive at the bottom. Hopefully we won't need to worry about it.

Was said last season and the season before. Summer window is no indication either, people were tipping Fulham for a top half finish based on their signings. How wrong they were

Hell of a lot of dross will be going from the PL, next season will be a lot more competitive at the bottom. Hopefully we won't need to worry about it.

One of Brighton or Cardiff will still be down there. Bournemouth could struggle when the vultures come circling for King, Wilson and Fraser. Rafa could leave Newcastle and leave them in a mess. The promoted sides are always a lottery and then there’s the enigma of Palace.

Yep Cardiff winning good result IMO.

Firstly, keeps it interesting down bottom. Second, I would prefer Brighton down than Cardiff, even if Brighton is decent away day-, be good if Brighton just went into the oblivion and also I just think Cardiff will be like the Huddersfield of this season, and even though I am very much looking at a top half finish next season, it would be good if Cardiff next season sows a relegation spot up early much like the Terriers have this season.

PS. If I really could choose I’d have wanted Burnley down! #Southerner ;)

Exactly the same that happened to Monaco a few years ago. God help any team who upsets the 'apple cart'. You have to wonder if it's worth it, just for a year or two of excitement.

The answer is yes for me tbh.

Put it this way, Cardiff had 4 ‘winnable’ games. They’ve used up half of them and are no closer to us than they were before the weekend. We’ve even improved our advantage in GD.

Tonight was massive for them.

Now 2pts behind Brighton & their Fulham/Palace games are winnable.

Curious to see how Brighton do at Wolves, who appear to have gone on holiday.

I'm not sure they're on holiday. They looked a good team against us on Saturday and it took a very strong Saints performance to beat them

Wouldn’t count on Wolves taking to the pitch smelling of Hawaiian Tropic and wearing flip flops just yet. No way were Watford just going to lay down in that cup semi at 2-0 down. Against us we punched them on the nose early doors, gave them a bit of freedom to roam in midfield but stayed disciplined in defence, when they equalised whereas before we would have crumbled we quickly responded. Liverpool didn’t cruise past us although the score line looked like they did.

We are on an upwards curve, stuck Sims in the mix (who delivered what he does), which an hour before kick off Wolves were going to have to scrabble around to find data on.

Brighton look like just a bowl of milky porridge - Wolves fans alone are not going to let their team cruise at home on Saturday, 7th place is still on the table with a game in hand.

Cardiff under Warnock are battlers, he ain’t going to let them go down without a fight. Last night could have seen them cut further adrift with games running out, now they have a target for Warnock to pump them up for.

I haven't seen last night's highlights yet, but judging by the goals they conceded against Bournemouth on Saturday, if they defend like that against Wolves they will get ripped to pieces.

Looking at their recent form and their remaining fixtures, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't manage another point. They are in total freefall like Swansea were this time last season. I reckon Cardiff will only need one more win to overtake them, and they *should* get that against Fulham.

Edited by Sheaf Saint