Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 551 to 590 of 590

Thread: The Kindergarten Thread

  1. #551

    Default

    Going to be an incredibly difficult day for everyone following on from the horrific events in Paris yesterday. Just hope the players will be able to stay focused and get the job done. People talking about potentially postponing games this weekend in tribute, which I think is a bit too far and Scudamore has already ruled that out due to scheduling issues, but I can certainly understand why some would want that. Seems like it'll just be black arm bands and a minutes silence according to a Premier League staffer on Twitter
    Last edited by niceandfriendly; 16-04-2019 at 06:58 AM.

  2. #552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niceandfriendly View Post
    Going to be an incredibly difficult day for everyone following on from the horrific events in Paris yesterday. Just hope the players will be able to stay focused and get the job done. People talking about potentially postponing games this weekend in tribute, which I think is a bit too far and Scudamore has already ruled that out due to scheduling issues, but I can certainly understand why some would want that. Seems like it'll just be black arm bands and a minutes silence according to a Premier League staffer on Twitter
    Are you being serious?
    No lives were lost and yes it’s historical but come on more tragedies have impacted people than this in the last year.

  3. #553

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    6,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pilchards View Post
    Are you being serious?
    No lives were lost and yes it’s historical but come on more tragedies have impacted people than this in the last year.
    I think I sense irony?

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  4. #554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pilchards View Post
    Are you being serious?
    No lives were lost and yes it’s historical but come on more tragedies have impacted people than this in the last year.
    If that's the case, thank God it was Notre Dame and not one of Liverpool's cathedrals. If it had been a Scouse building the rest of the season would need to be abandoned.

  5. #555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tamesaint View Post
    If that's the case, thank God it was Notre Dame and not one of Liverpool's cathedrals. If it had been a Scouse building the rest of the season would need to be abandoned.
    Would that mean they wouldn’t get the title?

  6. #556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toadhall Saint View Post
    Would that mean they wouldn’t get the title?
    Surely, because it could just have easily have been one of their Cathedrals they deserve the title in perpetuity.

  7. #557

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Forest
    Posts
    5,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pilchards View Post
    Are you being serious?
    No lives were lost and yes it’s historical but come on more tragedies have impacted people than this in the last year.
    Agree, totally ridiculous to even entertain such a thought as postponing football matches. It seems some people have alien leave of their senses. After all despite all the cultural and historical aspects it is no more than a man-made building and probably built by slave labour with no human rights or health & safety provisions! Nobody was killed yesterday. The only casualty is tourism and the economy. Only in a capitalist society would anybody contemplate a minute's silence for loss of lucrative income. You trill could not make this up!

  8. #558

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Forest
    Posts
    5,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shroppie View Post
    I think I sense irony?

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    You're probably right but I swallowed it; if so but loved the Liverpool comment

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pilchards View Post
    Are you being serious?
    No lives were lost and yes it’s historical but come on more tragedies have impacted people than this in the last year.
    I can't believe people still take this guy seriously!

    Easily the worst WUM ever.

  10. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    I'm sure he will. I'm just questioning why some people seem so confident he will suddenly improve based on little more than what Redmond has achieved.

    Be fair, Boufal is sure to be as good as Hazzard and Leroy Sane under Ralph, I mean he has turned Redmond into a carbon copy of Raheem Sterling, banging in 20+ league goals a season.

  11. #561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
    Be fair, Boufal is sure to be as good as Hazzard and Leroy Sane under Ralph, I mean he has turned Redmond into a carbon copy of Raheem Sterling, banging in 20+ league goals a season.


    Despite him winning us the game Saturday and most likely to win our player of the year, You can’t help but dig at Redmond can you. Why don’t you like him, is it the colour of his skin?

  12. Default

    So thats

    Mopo
    Big Vic
    Alderweireld
    Tadic
    Mane
    VVD
    Lallana
    Lovren
    AOC

    All in champions league semi. Thought everyone said they'd regret leaving us?!
    Last edited by Heisenberg; 17-04-2019 at 09:09 PM.

  13. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Saint View Post
    Ex-Saints rule Europe! Tadic, Wanyama, van Dijk, Mané, Alderweireld.... all through to the final 4. You could almost put a World XI together with the players we've sold.
    In Les Reed we trust right?!

    Stop trolling they said we have Carillo, Boufal, Elyounoussi and Hoedt

  14. #564

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Stalking Theo's Missus
    Posts
    12,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    So thats

    Mopo
    Big Vic
    Alderweireld
    Tadic
    Mane
    VVD
    Lallana
    Lovren
    AOC

    All in champions league semi. Thought everyone said they'd regret leaving us?!
    If they'd all stayed we'd have been in the champions league final 3 years ago

  15. #565

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    28,966
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SKD View Post


    Despite him winning us the game Saturday and most likely to win our player of the year, You can’t help but dig at Redmond can you. Why don’t you like him, is it the colour of his skin?
    Light brown?

  16. Default

    QUOTE=SKD;2727125]

    Despite him winning us the game Saturday and most likely to win our player of the year, You can’t help but dig at Redmond can you. Why don’t you like him, is it the colour of his skin?[/QUOTE]

    what has the colour of his skin got to do with any thing at all?

    Its not that I don't like him, I just think he is to wasteful, you all go on like he has been winning us games all year, his 2 goals against wolves are his only goals in 8 games, before that 6 games, he has only 5 league goals all season, hardly what you would call saving us from relegation, he did win us the game, he scored 2 goals he should have scored and was rather lucky with the 2nd that it went in after nearly messing it up, I give the creators of the goals more credit EG Sims and Ings, more ings as he was key to both Redmonds goals, I just don't think a winger with 5 goals is worthy of being player of the year, say what you want, but my standards are a little higher for attacking players, I expect them to be involved in the bulk of the teams goals like they do for every other team, Hoj, Bednarek, Vale, JWP deserve it more, don't care if they played less games, under Ralph they have won us more points, before then I don't care we was bottom 3 of the league 100 % cert relegation fodder and no one who had been starting during this time deserves any award for such horrid displays ( So can only pick from Ralphs time ).

    Yeah so Redmond is exciting.. but 9 / 10 his final pass / shot is a huge let down, his dribbling is all he brings and to reward him for doing the only thing he can is just mind boggling.


    you are all telling me now that you all think Redmond is worth 40 million for being involved in just 8 league goals in a time when the top 30 wingers in the league are getting 15 + Goal involvements saying he is just as good as Sterling who has more league goals than Redmond has shots on target...……………….


    Don't get me wrong, he is much improved on last year, but no way is 5 league goal Redmond crucial to us avoiding relegation and a deserved winner of POTY, its just 1 more goal than our defensive midfielder, 2 more goals than Long ( That has played just 1 k mins... 2 k less than Redmond ) , 2 more than Armstrong who has half his apps, 1 less than JWP with twice his apps and 2 less than Ings who has just 20 apps

    You want to give an award to a forward who has just 5 goals in 32 apps, ok fair enough. i expect that amount from our central mids and defenders, not our forwards and strikers.

  17. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    So thats

    Mopo
    Big Vic
    Alderweireld
    Tadic
    Mane
    VVD
    Lallana
    Lovren
    AOC

    All in champions league semi. Thought everyone said they'd regret leaving us?!
    Right on cue, just like ring sting after a night of drinking, hot wings and jalapeño poppers.
    Last edited by OttawaSaint; 17-04-2019 at 10:50 PM.

  18. Default

    Textbook

  19. Default

    Looks like VVD, Sterling or Mane for player of the season

    I'm sure we have a c£10m bonus if one of our "Defectors" wins?!

    + the bonuses if Liverpool win the double....

    Could get enough to pay off FF's contract at this rate

  20. Default

    12
    ​.

  21. #571

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Amesbury
    Posts
    13,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OttawaSaint View Post
    Right on cue, just like ring sting after a night of drinking, hot wings and jalapeño poppers.
    Don't be too hard on the fool because Everton have been bang average in spite of his man crush Silva, coupled with our recent decent from
    its been a bad few weeks for him, if he didn't troll us he would have nothing to post

  22. #572

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    17,967
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ALWAYS_SFC View Post
    Don't be too hard on the fool because Everton have been bang average in spite of his man crush Silva, coupled with our recent decent from
    its been a bad few weeks for him, if he didn't troll us he would have nothing to post
    Didn't he also say that Mopo (and his blue tie) would be out of a job by Xmas - Xmas 2014, that is

  23. #573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Saint View Post
    Perhaps Cortese and Pochettino's ambition to at least get us into the Champions League wasn't so unrealistic after all? Paul Mitchell and Jose Fonte are achieving that with RB Leipzig and Lille now.
    If only we were ambitious enough to recruit managers that had taken both those clubs into the Champions League.

  24. #574

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Amesbury
    Posts
    13,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CB Fry View Post
    If only we were ambitious enough to recruit managers that had taken both those clubs into the Champions League.

  25. #575

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Stalking Theo's Missus
    Posts
    12,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    If they'd all stayed we'd have been in the champions league final 3 years ago
    Why is this in Kindergarten? Genuine post.

  26. #576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Why is this in Kindergarten? Genuine post.
    Ditto. Seems that Nordic can post up any old cult-of-Cortese horsesh it but good heavens don't reply to him.

  27. #577

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Norwich
    Posts
    10,191
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Saints - 16th on 40 points
    Relegated - Cardiff on 35 points
    Champions - Man City on 98 points
    Other two CL spots - Arsenal and Spurs
    Auto Promotion - Norwich and Leeds
    Playoff Winner - Aston Villa
    FA Cup - Man City
    Champions League - Spurs
    Europa League - Arsenal
    Pompey - Auto Promotion
    Yep. Saints are bang on to finish 15th. The prediction I made just before season started. Would love to be 100% accurate two seasons in a row !

  28. Default

    Textbook

  29. #579

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Norwich
    Posts
    10,191
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalek2003 View Post
    Yep. Saints are bang on to finish 15th. The prediction I made just before season started. Would love to be 100% accurate two seasons in a row !
    Sorry, I meant 16th, I predicted 16th, so on course. If this happened would be two accurate predictions in a row. I don't think anyone else has managed that. Anyway, a long way to go and of course I would be even more delighted if we finished higher.

  30. #580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalek2003 View Post
    Sorry, I meant 16th, I predicted 16th, so on course. If this happened would be two accurate predictions in a row. I don't think anyone else has managed that. Anyway, a long way to go and of course I would be even more delighted if we finished higher.
    Are you aware of how little anyone cares about your prediction?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  31. #581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalek2003 View Post
    Sorry, I meant 16th, I predicted 16th, so on course. If this happened would be two accurate predictions in a row. I don't think anyone else has managed that. Anyway, a long way to go and of course I would be even more delighted if we finished higher.
    Are you aware of how little anyone cares about your prediction?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  32. #582

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Norwich
    Posts
    10,191
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meatball View Post
    Are you aware of how little anyone cares about your prediction?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No. In fact I seem to get a lot of comments about my predictions which suggests they are followed keenly.

  33. #583

    Default

    17th Surely......
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalek2003 View Post
    Yep. Saints are bang on to finish 15th. The prediction I made just before season started. Would love to be 100% accurate two seasons in a row !

  34. #584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalek2003 View Post
    Yep. Saints are bang on to finish 16th.
    What methodology have you used to work that out? Because form under Hasenhuttl suggests you are wrong.

  35. #585

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Amesbury
    Posts
    13,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ALWAYS_SFC View Post
    Don't be too hard on the fool because Everton have been bang average in spite of his man crush Silva, coupled with our recent decent from
    its been a bad few weeks for him, if he didn't troll us he would have nothing to post
    Better for the fool so far this weekend and if his beloved Everton win, he will be manually pleasuring himself all through the bank holiday

  36. Default

    Funny thing is United haven't played that badly.

    Everton have just been absolutely superb

    Imagine Everton with a decent squad....

  37. #587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maysie View Post
    They have been absolute dog ****e. Defending awful.
    In reply to Heisenberg

  38. Default

    Everton 7th.

    Beaten Chelsea, Arsenal n now thrashed United past few weeks

    #silvaout

  39. #589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Funny thing is United haven't played that badly.
    They have been total dross

  40. #590

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Amesbury
    Posts
    13,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ALWAYS_SFC View Post
    Better for the fool so far this weekend and if his beloved Everton win, he will be manually pleasuring himself all through the bank holiday
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Funny thing is United haven't played that badly.

    Everton have just been absolutely superb

    Imagine Everton with a decent squad....
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Everton 7th.

    Beaten Chelsea, Arsenal n now thrashed United past few weeks

    #silvaout
    And there you have it, the five knuckle shuffle is giving him blisters, Fulham is forgotton so soon

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •