Danny Röhl

warwicksaint

Seems to be one of the most passionate assistant managers out there. Was just wondering if anyone knows if it’s iust Ralph having an impact or whether he can take a lot of the credit too?

https://southamptonfc.com/news/2019-04-08/programme-feature-interview-maya-yoshida-april-2019

Yoshida tells a story from the Arsenal home game – Saints’ first win under the new boss.

“I came here (HarBAR) to have a drink with my friend,” he recalls. “Before I came upstairs, I saw the meeting room, which we used before the game. Ralph was there analysing the game.

“After two or three hours, I go downstairs, pass through the meeting room again and he was still there with Danny (Röhl), still analysing the game. That’s after a win!

“Sometimes, two or three hours after a game when it is nearly midnight, they are still in.

“I can see he is trying to do what he needs to do as much as possible, so I feel I have to be committed. I have to commit to him and I have to commit to the club… that is a true leader.”

I can only assume a lot of credit must go to him too, even if Ralph is leading our resurgence.