Nôtre Dame

Shroppie

I think it got off somewhat 'lightly'. Structure still, in the main, completely intact. A lot of the key monuments and tributes inside are being rescued and have been accounted for, the glass looks to have survived on both sides. No one inside or around was injured or hurt during the episode.

Obviously the roof will need to be re-done and the spire will be rebuilt, but it could have been a lot worse.

I think I've heard some rich French people are donating around 400m euro to a restoration fund. Hopefully they approach a new contractor and don't use the one who had been restoring the roof recently...

It's a great distraction story from more serious news.

An iconic building suffered damage, much of it was saved, no one was hurt - and it was not 30 mins from Total Destruction as is being claimed.

Sad, but not the end of the world...

People gather for vigils and sing hymns across the front pages so corporations throw in millions to help, meanwhile the homeless still starve just around the corner and civil disorder continues.

Perhaps Mrs May should look at St Paul's...

It's a great distraction story from more serious news.

An iconic building suffered damage, much of it was saved, no one was hurt - and it was not 30 mins from Total Destruction as is being claimed.

Sad, but not the end of the world...

People gather for vigils and sing hymns across the front pages so corporations throw in millions to help, meanwhile the homeless still starve just around the corner and civil disorder continues.

Perhaps Mrs May should look at St Paul's...

Yeah let’s not have any museums cos some people are homeless. Philistine.

It's awful that this has happened to such a historic and important piece of architecture, but I wish all the millions pledged could instead go to some humanitarian good causes and leave the moneybags Catholic Church to dip into their pockets.