Easter weekend games

Shroppie

He's made sure the ref gives it but that's a clear foul. You've got no business wrapping both arms round a player. Foul.

Was definitely a penalty but Salah did a brilliant job of making sure the ref gave it. No way a hug like that makes your legs fly up in the air so theatrically.

Safety = one win and a draw. [emoji106]
Not really. Cardiff unlikely to win all three games left and overhaul our goal difference (while we lose four games straight including home to Huddersfield).

40 points is what we should aim for but we don't need it to stay up. We're safe now.

Not really. Cardiff unlikely to win all three games left and overhaul our goal difference (while we lose four games straight including home to Huddersfield).

40 points is what we should aim for but we don't need it to stay up. We're safe now.

I agree that we’re safe but Cardiff would only need 2 wins if we lose out. (A win and 2 draws not enough).

Whilst the defender had his hands around him, the only thing that made Salah hit the deck was him diving. Cheating **** or clever play...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

One of those situations where you get penalised for honesty. Morrison was fouling him, but the referee wouldn't have given it if Salah hadn't thrown himself down.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

People think that Cardiff have a nailed on 6 points in their next two. Away to Fulham who have won back to back and have zero pressure, home to Palace who are dangerous and just proved that at the emirates. Be doing very well to get 4 points. Would mean they would need a win at OT. Said it before 35/36 points is likely enough to be safe

The 40 point target is a pernnial just because it's a round number.

In practice, you can usually stay up on less than that (and we have, several times, I think)

I'd agree that we're basically safe already.

Even if we lose all four remaining games, it's very unlikely that Cardiff will pick up two wins out of three. Even if it that happens, there's the fair chance that Brighton will only pick up a point or less against Spurs (A), Newcastle (H), Arsenal (A) and Man City (H).

Assuming Cardiff get 2 wins and a draw from their last three which would be some going by them (although Utds current form makes it a bit more likely) We need just two points to be totally safe cant see our goal difference being overhauled!

Edited by Saint Without a Halo

I think I got the stats/maths right here (am assuming our massive GD advantage over Cardiff can't be overhauled, while our GD position vis-a-vis Brighton is goign to be pretty close if they pick up more points than us between now and the end of the season).

The permutations on our 99.5% chance of staying up with us playing Watford (A), Bournemouth (H), West Ham (A) and Huddersfield (H). Cardiff face Fulham (A), Palace (H) and Man Utd (A). Brighton have Spurs (A), Newcastle (H), Arsenal (A), Man Utd (H)

4+ points = safety guaranteed

3 points = safe unless Cardiff win all three of their matches AND Brighton take 5 points from their 4 games (even then GD might keep us above Brighton)

2 points = safe unless Cardiff win all three of their matches AND Brighton take 4 points from their 4 games (even then GD might keep us ahead of Brighton)

1 point = safe unless Cardiff pick up at least 2 wins plus a draw AND Brighton take 3 points from 4 matches (even then GD might keep us above Brighton)

0 points = safe unless Cardiff pick up 2 wins AND Brighton pick up 2 more points (same rider applies on GD)

I think I got the stats/maths right here (am assuming our massive GD advantage over Cardiff can't be overhauled, while our GD position vis-a-vis Brighton is goign to be pretty close if they pick up more points than us between now and the end of the season).

The permutations on our 99.5% chance of staying up with us playing Watford (A), Bournemouth (H), West Ham (A) and Huddersfield (H). Cardiff face Fulham (A), Palace (H) and Man Utd (A). Brighton have Spurs (A), Newcastle (H), Arsenal (A), Man Utd (H)

3 points = safe unless Cardiff win all three of their matches AND Brighton take 5 points from their 4 games (even then GD might keep us above Brighton)

2 points = safe unless Cardiff win all three of their matches AND Brighton take 4 points from their 4 games (even then GD might keep us ahead of Brighton)

1 point = safe unless Cardiff pick up at least 2 wins plus a draw AND Brighton take 3 points from 4 matches (even then GD might keep us above Brighton)

0 points = safe unless Cardiff pick up 2 wins AND Brighton pick up 2 more points (same rider applies on GD)

Excellent summary. I would prefer not to wait to the last game, so 1 point from Watford and 3 from Bournemouth would be great.

I'm not going to sleep easily until Heisingberg is happy we're safe.

I mean, Brighton are only two points behind us FFS.

Palace will do what Pompey did for WBA roll over for their rivals to go down. Palace will like to send brighton down

Roy Hodgson would never let that happen, he is a man of honour, a man of ethics, a man who truly believes his goalkeeper has never heard of Hitler and defends him...oh wait...yeah they will roll over.

So in summary, we're safe.

So in summary, we're safe.

Yes. Cardiff are two games behind us with only three games left.

I can buy Cardiff beating Palace AND Fulham AND taking a point from OT, whilst we lose our two away games AND only draw at home to Bournemouth and the worst Premier League team for over a decade. Honestly I can just about stretch to that (staying up on GD) but anything more is pure fantasy.

How did Cardiff play today? Unlucky? Deservedly beaten?
Cardiff held their own today, but Liverpool just wore them down. Talent won out.

But Cardiff is still playing hard and with spirit i would say, and haven't look terrible in the last 3 or 4 games. I expect they will pick up some points in the next 3 matches, but I don't think they are going to get past the Saints.