Newcastle 3-1 Saints - Reaction

Lighthouse

You ****.
Really?

I'm not sure that warrants a reply, but FWIW, I agree that Saints are a better team than either Cardiff or Brighton and we should be very unlikely to go down from the current position.

But until it's mathematically certain and we can relax, hopefully, for the last couple of games, my only concern is Saints and wanting every result to go in Saints' favour. Other teams don't matter.

You're obviously very upset that Liverpool won. Rather supports my previous comments.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Edited by Shroppie

All this doom and gloom and getting us going down! Has anyone actually look at Brighton's run-in? Lucky if they get 4 points. As for Cardiff I've been generous and get them getting two wins and a draw from their last 3 games.

We only need two points from our last four games that includes a home game against huddersfield.

We will not go down.

Bit of a reality check needed here. A look back over the last 40-50 years shows that trips to Newcastle were almost as unrewarding as those to Everton.

At one point in history it was suggested (by one joker) that Saints could save the cost of coach fares and send the points to Newcastle - by post.

Ralph followed that old football maxim - never change a winning side - but he was forced to and started without Vestergaard and Valery. Then the problems began.

Stephens never seesm to settle on the right and was often beaten for pace. and Bednarek and Yoshida were both on "their wrong side(s)" until the change of formation after half time.

To their credit Newcastle came out of the traps at full throttle and never gave Saints a moments rest (almost as bad as the Liverpool game at SMS).

Two goals in three minutes was enough to seal the points in the first half, and although Perez was virtually unmarked for all his goals, few can deny a man a hat-trick in any game.

We looked better after the break with Lemina back on the pitch - and scoring- and ASrmstrong does bring something extra to the midfield formation, but it was tough on Yoshida

who had three good chances and might have got at least one goal on another day. His late effort was deflected away off the goalie's knee (!).

Hopefully won't play that badly in the remaining games, but we really need some "VAR-type luck" as we have been cheated twice in a year in Watford games.

Leading 2-1 in added time their (******) striker handled the ball across the line and "stole two points" from us in last season's away game, and this season at SMS saw that infamous

Charlie Austin "disallowed goal " that brought on his amazing outburst in the after-match interview.

If there is any justice in football- we're overdue a win against Watford.