Southampton vs Bournemouth - Build-up

SuperSAINT

It would be harsh to drop Long for this one. When was the last time Ings found the net?

Boxing Day I think but I'd still start him for this one, his inter play was key against Wolves.

I'd try a 4-2-2-2

Gunn

Valery - Yoshi - Bednarek - Bertrand

Hojbjerg - Lemina

JWP - Armstrong

Redmond - Ings

Not sure why everyone wants to drop Long for Ings. RH said a couple of weeks ago they could play together, well here’s a good chance to test that out.

Who thought anyone would say that on here?! :D

It's actually nice to have the option.

4 at the back this time out do you think?
Doubt it. The defence still looked pretty dodgy, even after months of work by Ralph, last night. Having the extra CB covering the other two is the only way to make our current CBs reasonably solid. We might go two at the back next season if we improve our CB options but with the current ones 3 at the back is the best option hopefully we will have Vest back in for Stephens and Valery starting.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

basically, Ings is still god for only 60 mins or so per week

what a stupid signing

Oh i dunno. God for 60 mins should be able to at least determine the outcome of games whilst taking a break from all of humanity.

Good to have a first half like Watford game and second half like Newcastle.

Bournemouth generally sh1te now and dreadful against us but very unpredictable and some good players. 3-1

but despite that they still carry a goal threat, and the ingredient our defence seldom copes with , pace up front.

You never really know what Bournemouth will turn up, but they are leaky, I doubt they will come and just sit back, so we have a good chance of scoring but you'd also fancy them to score as well.

But they have pretty much been in relegation form since the start of the year.

I reckon

Valery, Vest, Lemina and Ings will come in

Gunn

Bed

Yosh

Vest

Valery

Bertrand

Lemina

Hoj

Armstrong

Ings

Redmond

I think we need Romeu to play whenever possible, we always look much better with him on the pitch. Both Hoj and Lemina are better technically, but with those two as a pair we were crap under Hughes as our midfield lacked discipline. When Romeu was dropped for Sims with JWP playing in his spot we looked equally gash. When he went off yesterday we looked weak in midfield, too.

I'd go....

---------------------Gunn-------------------------

---------Bednarek Yoshida Vestergaard----------

Valery-------------------------------------Bertrand

------------JWP----Romeu---Hojbjerg-----------

-------------------Redmond----------------------

---------------------Ings--------------------------

Lemina to come on to shore it up when we're 4-0 up or when Romeu looks like he's about to get sent off. They're obviously very dangerous on the counter, and we're not very good at defending it, so we'll have to be on our toes. They'll really want to beat us too, but Ralph will have them on it...Going for a 3-1 win.

I think we need Romeu to play whenever possible, we always look much better with him on the pitch. Both Hoj and Lemina are better technically, but with those two as a pair we were crap under Hughes as our midfield lacked discipline. When Romeu was dropped for Sims with JWP playing in his spot we looked equally gash. When he went off yesterday we looked weak in midfield, too.

I agree with you

but reckon Ralph will freshen it up a bit and Lemina is someone he likes.

Everyone seems to think the result is a foregone conclusion - I'm not so sure and very nervous about this one. We lose and Cardiff + Brighton and it will be squeaky bum time.........

It won't, sqeeuky bum time for Brighton and Cardiff. Imagine if Brighton get a huge win and then Cardiff win as well, that will deflate them massivley given their remaining 2.

We are fine, anyone can see that now. We're not even included in any 'relegation' talks. If Cardiff and Brighton both get over 37 points and overtake us in 3 games, then I will eat both of my ears. It will simply not happen. Stop worrying about it now and look forward to the summer and what Ralph can do with this lot!

It won't, sqeeuky bum time for Brighton and Cardiff. Imagine if Brighton get a huge win and then Cardiff win as well, that will deflate them massivley given their remaining 2.

We are fine, anyone can see that now. We're not even included in any 'relegation' talks. If Cardiff and Brighton both get over 37 points and overtake us in 3 games, then I will eat both of my ears. It will simply not happen. Stop worrying about it now and look forward to the summer and what Ralph can do with this lot!

Trust me, I'm trying. Really hoping I can go and enjoy the last couple of games without a care in the world:)

Trust me, I'm trying. Really hoping I can go and enjoy the last couple of games without a care in the world:)

think of it this way, two teams have to get a result out of unlikely games (Brighton with Arsenal or Man City and that’s providing they beat Newcastle. Cardiff with Man Utd away and that’s IF they win the next two) and that’s without us picking up anymore points. One might do something, the chances of both is remote and the chance of all three things happening.....

I’m always a pessimist - that way you can’t be disappointed - but even I can’t convince myself we will go down :lol:

Surprised to see so many tickets still left for this, overpriced for opposition but vital game so expected to have sold out by now.

Their recent away form is far better than home results so hopefully Ralph (and the fans) will get them pumped up to push us over the line.

Surprised to see so many tickets still left for this, overpriced for opposition but vital game so expected to have sold out by now.

Their recent away form is far better than home results so hopefully Ralph (and the fans) will get them pumped up to push us over the line.

Actually they've just been pretty poor in general, they just happened to play a much worse Huddersfield and Brighton away recently. Fulham is their only other away win since we played them back in October.

Anyway, it is overpriced but it's not vital. For that reason I'm out.

Are we thinking that are goal difference is superior enough to Brighton’s to not be a concern in the event we finish on the same points? I think it’s about 5 difference.

We have 5 GD better than them, and they have Arsenal and City to play. Hard to see them over turning that.

Would be nice to get 3 points and be done this weekend, as long as we match Cardiff's result this Saturday we're in the clear. Be lovely if the last two games of the season are in a relaxed atmosphere. No more dramas and looking over our shoulder.

Can see Lemina coming in, and Long getting a rest; this is all on the assumption Vestergaard is fit.

Gunn

Valery, Bednarak, Yoshida, Vestergaard, Bertrand

Redmond, PEH, Lemina, Armstrong

Ings

Good to have a first half like Watford game and second half like Newcastle.

Bournemouth generally sh1te now and dreadful against us but very unpredictable and some good players. 3-1

They claim that they saved us from relegation last year by beating at least one of our relegation opponents. I don't think they'll be so magnanimous on Saturday.

It's going to be a proper derby thriller. We haven't had that for a long time.

3-3 Bournemouth's equaliser in the last 20 seconds of extra time of course.

Weird, it is a presser for our game at the weekend (and a big one) and they are asking Ralph his thoughts on the title race!

WTF?!?!?!

Ralph:

We are 1 win from definitely being safe

We have had a hard month and have done wel

Gotten the number of points we have deserved

Team have showed how committed they are and understand more of what is expected

However, still not at 40 points which is what we need and hope to have 40 points Sat afternoon

I knew I could do this job, I trust my team.

We have invested a lot in this club to rid of the negativity

it is clear that we are now growing. We are on a journey and that is important

First we have to be safe, then onto the summer.

We must start differently next year as it will be tough to match the form for a whole season

Shane has showed in the last 4 games that he has a fantastic character and performance

he must stay fit, he knows how to look after his body

We have worked very hard with shane, showing him better positions and now it is paying off

He never stops learning, we never know what will happen

We didnt do anything special for the goal against Watford, all teams prepare properly

we wanted to attack immediately and we did just that

With Charlie, we will discuss this - as with all players - once we are safe.

Charlie is an alternative from the bench

Vestergaard not fit, bertrand a doubt, Targett is back in training

Armstrong has a knock, Long is fit and trained today.

Bournemouth had a very good start and have never really been in trouble

They have a good manager who is doing a fantastic job

it is a bit like a Derby because they are very close

This is a special game for us as we can get the 40 points and make us safe

We are very motivated for this

We must do our job and we have almost done it

nearly every game, we have had chances to win and that is good.

Bournemouth may not be constantly good in the 2nd half of the season but we must be organised as they are dangerous

we must be compact against them

Long is not the only player who has improved since I have arrived

Edited by Batman

They've got the firepower to cause us problems but I'd say we're playing OK enough now to see them off.

Don't know if he's been starting for them but interesting to see how Clyne's getting on. Guess we could see a couple of ex-Saints if Boruc gets the nod in goal, think Surman's out injured?