Southampton vs Bournemouth - Build-up

SuperSAINT

this may be one of the lowest "home" crowds of the season?

If it doesn't finally sell out it will still be over 31,000. Other than about a dozen seats low down behind the goal in the Chapel it's only single seats dotted around which are a bit harder to shift unless you've got no mates. Stupidly overpriced but they probably won't be fussed about that if it does sell-out (in a heads-in-the-sand kind of way).

They’ve always been staring at our shadow from some distance away. They would love to be in our shadow. I’ve always liked the plucky Cherries.

Yeah, a Bournemouth ST holder I know says many of their supporters secretly look up to Saints as a club to aspire to. A general murmur of being "less of a club", inferior, lowly, reverberates amongst their support. But look at our league position I joke, and he laughs at the irony of it and, appreciating the temporary nature of it, screenshots every week they are ahead of us in the table to store as a memory.

Anyway he says the fans are looking forward to the trip to St Mary's, as usual, and if you see a few supporters taking notes as we play or joining in with a few of our songs, not to pay much attention to it.

Looks like we're struggling to shift tickets. Thought this would be a nailed on sell out.

Probably due to this: https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/17599365.extinction-rebellion-is-organising-action-in-southampton-on-saturday

AN ENVIRONMENTALIST group are preparing to "rebel for a brighter future" in the heart of Southampton this weekend.

Approximately 200 people from Extinction Rebellion will gather in Guildhall Square, Above Bar Street, on April 27 and to make their voices heard about climate change.

A spokesperson for Southampton Extinction Rebellion said: "The event has been organised by Amy Eleanor Shelley and Harriet Stewart who live in Southampton and went to the London protests. It might turn into a protest if the people decide they want to do one.

Was certainly touch and go for me whether I went to watch Saints or saved the planet... ;)

Or maybe this... https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/17599741.hundreds-set-to-attend-pro-brexit-rally-in-southampton

HUNDREDS of residents are set to attend a pro-Brexit demonstration and march in the city centre this weekend.

The event has been organised by the Southampton to Brexit group, which was formed at the end of March by Southampton residents Michaela Dowse, Julie Haylett and Matthew Roberts.

The trio, who are all Brexiters, decided to set up the group and the event after meeting through Facebook.

The demonstration will see Kim Rose, UKIP candidate for Peartree, and Jonathan Hines from Solent TV speak at the Bargate at 2.30pm, and the those participating in the demonstration will march to the Guildhall.

So, just the two demostrations happening in the city centre on the same day as Saints v Bournemouth. What could possibly go wrong....

55mph winds forecast. won't be pretty

'Storm Bert'n'Doris' is due to hit Southampton from the west just after lunchtime, will be a bit gusty early on but fizzle out as the afternoon rolls on.

No lose game for our friends from Dorset today, win or draw they'll be cock-a-hoop for years, lose and they can live off the 'fact' that Saints fans celebrating wouldn't be for securing staying up but that it means so much for us to turn them over.

Heard on the radio Howe is desperate to beat us as they have always been in our shadow or something along those lines !

As opposed to "No, I could take or leave a win"?

I dislike Howe with a passion. One of the most unlikable characters in football.

Doubt if there's much crossover there, trees being quite sensible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not taking sides here, but surely it is a perfect crossover; tree huggers don’t won’t people to travel, therefore free movement a la EU is against their core philosophy, ergo they must be pro Brexit :)

Back on topic, be good to win our remaining home games, get at least a draw at WHU and finish the season with four games unbeaten, points in the mid forties and a few places higher up the league

Yeah, a Bournemouth ST holder I know says many of their supporters secretly look up to Saints as a club to aspire to. A general murmur of being "less of a club", inferior, lowly, reverberates amongst their support. But look at our league position I joke, and he laughs at the irony of it and, appreciating the temporary nature of it, screenshots every week they are ahead of us in the table to store as a memory.

Anyway he says the fans are looking forward to the trip to St Mary's, as usual, and if you see a few supporters taking notes as we play or joining in with a few of our songs, not to pay much attention to it.

Ha good work fella. Was just having a look at their message board which like their ground is a bit league 1 and they found your post and have had a bit of a melt down about it......[emoji38]

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Ha good work fella. Was just having a look at their message board which like their ground is a bit league 1 and they found your post and have had a bit of a melt down about it......[emoji38]

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

They make it too easy.

that is actually the exact team I would have played with what is available tbh. Sims, Lemina and Armstrong decent subs to make if need be.

However, for me it is more damning looking at the bench, and might say something about our plans for next season going forward.

Austin, despite it being hinted that he should leave this summer, still on the bench over Gallagher and Elyounoussi- makes you wonder how bad the latter 2 must be in training.

Also, just been posted that Maya is ill, hence the exclusion today.

Yeah, big game for Bed at the back as Stephens will probably have a clumsy error or two in him at some point. Yoshida is a big miss.

This could potentially be a very exciting game based on our line-up and the fact that we're going to attack and go for it - something that B'mouth will almost certainly do, too. 3-2, perhaps?!

that is actually the exact team I would have played with what is available tbh. Sims, Lemina and Armstrong decent subs to make if need be.

However, for me it is more damning looking at the bench, and might say something about our plans for next season going forward.

Austin, despite it being hinted that he should leave this summer, still on the bench over Gallagher and Elyounoussi- makes you wonder how bad the latter 2 must be in training.

Yep. Sadly Sams time with us must be up; and Moi was just a poor signing.

Presumably about the same standard as in matches.

Interested to see whether he plays Jan or Jack on the left. Bednarek was bad when he played on the left (of a three) and made a lot of mistakes, Stephens was OK on the left rather than his preferred right. Hopefully then Bednarek on the right, Stephens on the left. Ramsay as backup, surprised that Alfie Jones was not in the squad considering he was in the training pics. Not great when we only have 2 recognised CBs, just highlights that we need to add (rather than replace) at CB next season.

Only other thing we could have done is play Bertrand in a back 3 and put Targett in, which may have made us more solid?

Let's hope Bednarek and Stephens have a good day! Should be goals in this one anyway.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk