Southampton vs Bournemouth - Build-up

SuperSAINT

With the injuries, would guess

Gunn

Valery Stephens Yoshida Bednarek Targett

Romeu Hojbjerg

JWP Redmond

Ings

But could easily see Long for Ings and Lemina for JWP or Romeu. Will be surprised if he risks four at the back until we're safe.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Gunn

Romeu Hojbjerg

JWP Redmond

Ings

But could easily see Long for Ings and Lemina for JWP or Romeu. Will be surprised if he risks four at the back until we're safe.

Reckon so, can see Lemina starting this one, Somehow.

Ralph has said we need to be compact, so reckon you are about right......

Gunn

Romeu Hojbjerg

JWP Redmond

Ings

Hopefully won't make the mistake of playing Bednarek on the left again like he did against Newcastle. Play him on the right with Stephens on the left again and I'd go same team as you. Would like to get Lemina in but would have to be in place of JWP so probably won't happen.

Gunn

Romeu Hojbjerg

JWP Redmond

Ings

Ralph will not drop Long after Tuesday's performance and in any case Ings is too static, otherwise you have probably called it right.

Lemina is now an enigma but he is quality, would love see him start but Ralph cannot justify dropping Romeu. Expect Lemina on at 65 mins after Oriol's obligatory Yellow and Ings at 70.

Is Targett fit? If not, left back is an issue. I'd imagine a debut for Vokins??

Given what's been said at the pre conference, would imagine something like

Gunn

Bednarek

Yoshida

Stephens

Valery

Romeu

PEH

Target / Vokins

JWP

Long

Redmond

Subs Ramsay Forster Ings Austin Sims Lemina + 1 more (who depends on left back situation I guess)

Is Targett fit? If not, left back is an issue. I'd imagine a debut for Vokins??

Given what's been said at the pre conference, would imagine something like

Gunn

Bednarek

Yoshida

Stephens

Valery

Romeu

PEH

Target / Vokins

JWP

Long

Redmond

Subs Ramsay Forster Ings Austin Sims Lemina + 1 more (who depends on left back situation I guess)

Targett's back in training

That's Alfie Jones isn't it? Vokins is much smaller.

Would like to see him get a game to see what he can offer (could be last two games if we're officially safe). Dont know much about him apart from a brief spell on loan at st mirren. As Sims has proven, loan spells away arent always a great indicator of potential. Would he be a better squad option than Stephens?

Crikey. As a season ticket holder for many years I had no idea match tickets were that much.

Thats behind the goal price for A game. Same again for Huddersfield which is also stupidly A game prices, no way that will sell out with Huddersfield sending loads of tickets back

Elyounoussi

Armstrong

Sims

Yoshida

Vestergaard

Ings

(mc)Carthy

Targett

Obafemi

Ramsey

Yan Valery

Those players initials spell out my thoughts on the game!

Seriously though Bournemouth are a strange team in that they have some very good players interspersed with some not so good ones! Ake, Wilson, King, Brooks and Fraser are all weapons for them, and most would probably slot straight into our side. Still a victory would mathematically see us safe and would definitely put us on a platform to finish higher up in the table than we expected at the end of the Hughes reign! Do we have enough about us? Tough one to call but I think we can win this.

One of those end of season games where one side is far more up for it than the other. I am hoping we are the former and get the job done. Fraser will be a worry all afternoon regardless. Hope Boruc gets a good reception.

That got me worried that Fraser Forster is starting! eek

Looks like we're struggling to shift tickets. Thought this would be a nailed on sell out.
Probably due to this: https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/17599365.extinction-rebellion-is-organising-action-in-southampton-on-saturday

AN ENVIRONMENTALIST group are preparing to "rebel for a brighter future" in the heart of Southampton this weekend.

Approximately 200 people from Extinction Rebellion will gather in Guildhall Square, Above Bar Street, on April 27 and to make their voices heard about climate change.

A spokesperson for Southampton Extinction Rebellion said: "The event has been organised by Amy Eleanor Shelley and Harriet Stewart who live in Southampton and went to the London protests. It might turn into a protest if the people decide they want to do one.

Was certainly touch and go for me whether I went to watch Saints or saved the planet... ;)

Edited by trousers

Probably due to this: https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/17599365.extinction-rebellion-is-organising-action-in-southampton-on-saturday

Was certainly touch and go for me whether I went to watch Saints or saved the planet... ;)

Yes, f^ck it, I was going to drive down from Gloucestershire but I reckon it would be better for the planet if we all cycled. Better leave in a minute as I've not been on a bike for nearly 50 years.

Global footprint and all that.

Is that Vokins on the far right? f4c00901c868ae248d2a707458211101.jpg

Alfie Jones I think, Vokins is a small blonde chap, not that that helps...!

Match tickets are a joke for this game, £42 to watch Bournemouth. I regularly drag ppl with me but no-one showed any interest at that price. Have to do something about that next year or have many more season ticket holders. Given Bompey will likely sell out or already have, this may be one of the lowest "home" crowds of the season?

Alfie Jones I think, Vokins is a small blonde chap, not that that helps...!

Match tickets are a joke for this game, £42 to watch Bournemouth. I regularly drag ppl with me but no-one showed any interest at that price. Have to do something about that next year or have many more season ticket holders. Given Bompey will likely sell out or already have, this may be one of the lowest "home" crowds of the season?

£46 ticket price in the Kingsland - £47 if you include the booking fee.

Absolute theives really.

Just had a look on the OS at ticket availability and it appears that only a few isolated singles are dotted around in the blocks I checked.

It showed 35 (Kingsland) and 39 (Northam -Kingsland corner) as grey - "not available online". Anyone know what that is about ? A block booking for Chinese tourists perhaps ?

What's sad is it probably will have sold out by kick off, which will justify those prices completely and nothing will change.

If it's sold out then the prices ARE justified. If people are willing to pay it, why reduce it? Would make no business sense. Of course it may not sell out yet though!

What's sad is it probably will have sold out by kick off, which will justify those prices completely and nothing will change.

Well perhaps, but I think I remember hearing how spare tickets actually aren't sold and instead given to members of staff, although again that might only be when we are really not close to selling out.

But, the club have said they will change matchday prices when they announced season ticket pricing -->

'with new individual matchday pricing for 2019/20 – details of which will be confirmed soon – there will be even better value than in previous years for Season Ticket holders.'

https://southamptonfc.com/news/2019-04-10/season-tickets-information-and-on-sale-southampton-football-club-201819

I got an email from the club offering me, due to high demand ( ??), 4 extra tickets as a ST holder which I took as a sign they where having trouble shifting them for this game...

Just another sign how little thought saints fans give to Bournemouth as a rivalry. Though no doubt, as always, their fans will be at SMS frothing like loons doing their best impression of Pompey fans.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

If it's sold out then the prices ARE justified. If people are willing to pay it, why reduce it? Would make no business sense. Of course it may not sell out yet though!

Yes, that's my point. Nothing will change unless more people vote with their wallet.

Just had a look on the OS at ticket availability and it appears that only a few isolated singles are dotted around in the blocks I checked.

It showed 35 (Kingsland) and 39 (Northam -Kingsland corner) as grey - "not available online". Anyone know what that is about ? A block booking for Chinese tourists perhaps ?

When it is greyed out just means that block is sold out.

And to previous post away fans are not subsidised by Virgin anymore so they pay £30 same as we do at all away games.

Pricing Bournemouth and Huddersfield the same as a top 6 game makes no sense as none of the premier league glory fans are going to turn up for these games , and with Saints being safe there's no important significance.

Not a proper local derby.

Heard on the radio Howe is desperate to beat us as they have always been in our shadow or something along those lines !

They’ve always been staring at our shadow from some distance away. They would love to be in our shadow. I’ve always liked the plucky Cherries.