Non-Saints Games

whelk

Kick it out have now apologised to Brighton over comments made by Townsend!
The real question should be why the media is continually lumping managers together based solely on the colour of their skin. I'd like nothing better than a black man to be an Alex Ferguson type figure and smash the prem so we never have to talk about racism every time someone black is fired due to poor performance. People thought the Adkins sacking was ridiculous when he was at saints but no one was insinuating it was a racist act. If anything the absurd overreaction to a perfectly reasonable sacking is the kind of thing that is going to put some people off hiring black managers because they don't want to deal with the negative PR once they are let go.

The real question should be why the media is continually lumping managers together based solely on the colour of their skin. I'd like nothing better than a black man to be an Alex Ferguson type figure and smash the prem so we never have to talk about racism every time someone black is fired due to poor performance. People thought the Adkins sacking was ridiculous when he was at saints but no one was insinuating it was a racist act. If anything the absurd overreaction to a perfectly reasonable sacking is the kind of thing that is going to put some people off hiring black managers because they don't want to deal with the negative PR once they are let go.

Agreed 100%. It's done more harm than good.

"Until we get rid of racial bias, sexism, homophobia in society, it will exist in all walks of society.

Thata an amazing quote. Seriously though why are people interviewing Barnes about it? If I were Houghton I'd be insulted that people have to continually refer to my colour and interview other black people about me who may have absolutely nothing in common with each other other than the colour of their skin. It's pathetic.

Barnes actually has a point. He isn’t screaming race as the issue at every turn as far as I am aware. I don’t think he is saying it is going to happen although appreciate only seeing in context of your post and assume wasn’t saying sacking was race based

He also seemed a sane voice when others wanted Liam Neeson in sackcloths and to have “I am the same as the nazis” tattooed on his forehead.

Barnes actually has a point. He isn’t screaming race as the issue at every turn as far as I am aware. I don’t think he is saying it is going to happen although appreciate only seeing in context of your post and assume wasn’t saying sacking was race based

He also seemed a sane voice when others wanted Liam Neeson in sackcloths and to have “I am the same as the nazis” tattooed on his forehead.

I'm not really annoyed at Barnes about it, it's more that the media has to trot out a series of black people every time something happens with a black manager. It's patronising and divisive when the only reason they are interested in talking to you is because of your skin colour.

John Barnes no longer the flavour of the month, then? [emoji38]
Seems like a nice bloke to me, certainly less divisive than many other media "personalities." It's just a shame that the media attempt to use him and other black ex players mostly in this way.

It'd be quite funny if Derby got promoted though, virtually all of their good players are there on loan from Chelsea or Liverpool and they'll have to give them all back.

They'd pretty much have to buy and integrate an entirely new team for next season!

It'd be quite funny if Derby got promoted though, virtually all of their good players are there on loan from Chelsea or Liverpool and they'll have to give them all back.

They'd pretty much have to buy and integrate an entirely new team for next season!

Villa have the same problem - their star striker and both centre backs are loans.

Good luck replacing them all at once.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Remind me of the loan rules: is just one allowed?

https://www.premierleague.com/news/464747

Under the rules in the Premier League Handbook 2018/19 (Download PDF, size: 8.39MB), there are restrictions on how many players Premier League clubs can loan from other Premier League/English clubs.

They are:

- Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time.

- The maximum number of loans registrable in the same season is four, and, under no circumstances, shall more than one be from the same club at any one time.

- Premier League clubs cannot loan to another Premier League club a player they have acquired in the same transfer window.

- A Premier League club may loan not more than one of its goalkeepers to another Premier League club

Derby seem to have Wilson (Liverpool), Mount (Chelsea), King (Leicester) and Tomori (Chelsea) on loan. All but King (who is injured) started last night.

Edited by angelman

Imagine if derby win. We’re gonna be hearing “Frank Lampard’s Derby” over and over and over.

Would enjoy them getting promoted though so we can hear "Frank Lampard's Derby sack Frank Lampard" follow by Chelsea fans calling for him to replace whoever is next on the manager merry-go round there.

Would enjoy them getting promoted though so we can hear "Frank Lampard's Derby sack Frank Lampard" follow by Chelsea fans calling for him to replace whoever is next on the manager merry-go round there.

well the play-off final is already being billed by some as Frank Lampard and Ashley Cole vs John Terry

Their super fans covered themselves in glory - some plonker got a bit naughty with a Sunderland player when he went over the hoarding down the side. Instead of rattling Sunderland it rattled the p*mpey players more, probably out of sheer embarrassment.

yeah bit embarrassing for Sky too as they fell right into that “best fans in the whole world” trap......they didn’t look it when all that was kicking off, classy really classy stuff.

They didn’t even want promotion, they want to defend their checkatrade trophy (after boycotting the early rounds obviously). Much more important.

That was clearly the plan. Everyone was fooled into thinking they wanted promotion but it was simply a cover!

Fulham had that exact same problem and it didn't turn out well.