Non-Saints Games

whelk

Looks like Chelsea may be getting him earlier than I expected... It's going to be awkward when he doesn't do very well but they don't want to sack a Chelsea legend

Not an issue, Villa will wipe the floor with them on Monday. Derby aren't ready or good enough to justify promotion.

Its amazing how he beingseen as a tactical genius. In the game the other day Derby were fnished it was just luck that he had to bring Mrriot on due to an injury followed quickly by the goal keeping mistake.Leeds had them buried and had it got to halftime still 2-0on aggregate Leeds would have strolled it. If Derby go up no doubt the 100m worth of loans they have will need to be replaced. Frankly with the quality of loans in he should have walked into the playoffs

Charlton up, scoring with virtually the last kick of the game. Scrappy goal, horrible game. Not that impressed by Aribo.

Tall and looked fairly quick, but too often played the easy pass. Although little trick for the build up to the winner. No harm on a free. Little Ben Reeves celebrating too. Bad times go on for Sunderland.

Charlton deserved winners today

Sunderland had a number of lucky seasons clinging to premier league survival and it eventually caught up with them. Still floundering in league 1. Lets hope we can push on this season as another bad one and we could be following the same path. Similarities are there, poor recruitment, frustrated fanbase, distant owner. The only difference is we have a very good manager and we need to back him

I always like it when 3rd place go up, as that is how it should be and not left to the Play Offs, which to me are mainly about money.

I know L1 was close this year, but I always thought that they should bring in a rule that if 3rd place finishes a certain number of points ahead of 4th, say 6 for the sake of it, then they should automatically go up and there be no play offs. The season we came up....Reading 89, us 88, WHU 86, Brum 76, Blackpool/Cardiff 75. West Ham did come up, by they were so far ahead of 4th-6th that if they hadn't it would have been a travesty.

I always like it when 3rd place go up, as that is how it should be and not left to the Play Offs, which to me are mainly about money.

I know L1 was close this year, but I always thought that they should bring in a rule that if 3rd place finishes a certain number of points ahead of 4th, say 6 for the sake of it, then they should automatically go up and there be no play offs. The season we came up....Reading 89, us 88, WHU 86, Brum 76, Blackpool/Cardiff 75. West Ham did come up, by they were so far ahead of 4th-6th that if they hadn't it would have been a travesty.

I like the playoffs, they basically give the whole top half something to play for, right up until the last month of the season. It also makes the battle for the top two more interesting; if it had just been Norwich, Utd and Leeds all going up, the Championship would have been all sorted with about 3 games still to play.

Definitely not if the Skates finish third. In fact I'd expand it 8 teams if they do.

Pleased Sunderland miss out. Thick Brexit fckers

Politics and sport don't mix (not least cos you are a thick fcker and Southampton voted leave as well!)

PS Old Rupes has become an MEP for the Brexit Party for the West Midlands

Edited by angelman

Perhaps 9+, as it’s the equivalent of the 3 playoff games? So if 4th place were to win all their “extra” games and they still wouldn’t get more points than 3rd, then 3rd shouldn’t lose their place.

I’ve also thought perhaps a bigger weighting in the schedule could work, such as 5th v 6th, then winner plays 4th, then winner plays 3rd etc (maybe one leg with higher team at home), but they have that in Scotland atm and it’s a bit ridiculous that the Premiership team just sits in wait and the end of the playoff gauntlet and more often than not despatches whoever makes it through to face them back to the Championship for another year.

I like the playoffs, they basically give the whole top half something to play for, right up until the last month of the season. It also makes the battle for the top two more interesting; if it had just been Norwich, Utd and Leeds all going up, the Championship would have been all sorted with about 3 games still to play.

This is how it should be for champions league in premier league, top 3 qualify, 4/5/6/7 in a playoff system, that way most teams even up to 10th feel they may have a chance, and not go into holiday mode with 5 games to play, although this would upset the big club bias

The non-league play off system is pretty fair. The higher you finish' date=' the less games you have to play to get to the final.[/quote']

yeah, or perhaps the way the IPL (Indian Premier League (Cricket)) do theirs isn't bad.

After their league ends, 1st plays 2nd, and 3rd plays 4th (with higher ranked team at home). The winner of 1v2 goes straight to final whilst loser plays winner of 3vs4 which effectively becomes a semifinal.

I also think the format for this years Cricket World Cup could have done with the approach above too potentially.

yeah, or perhaps the way the IPL (Indian Premier League (Cricket)) do theirs isn't bad.

After their league ends, 1st plays 2nd, and 3rd plays 4th (with higher ranked team at home). The winner of 1v2 goes straight to final whilst loser plays winner of 3vs4 which effectively becomes a semifinal.

I also think the format for this years Cricket World Cup could have done with the approach above too potentially.

First are the winners. Pointless having a play off and just creating another trophy.

Perhaps a similar system but with third automatically in the final. 5th plays 6th at home, then 4th plays the winner at home, then 3rd plays the winner at Wembley.

Media love in for Villa next season then. Shame, as Derby would have been the more beatable team next season.

McGinn looks like a decent player.

True, but Villa Park the better away day next season.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I see this thread is now in ‘general sports’

Not Saints related enough eh. Well it sure ain’t general sports is it?

surprised 'other games' thread is not a sticky on the main board

saves multiple other threads constantly being created.

Then again, the mods are utter cretins, so hey ho

I see this thread is now in ‘general sports’

Not Saints related enough eh. Well it sure ain’t general sports is it?

I didn’t move it originally but I’ll move it back.

Hazard basically confirming he’s off, wonder what Chelsea will be like without him next year.

The problem with Chelsea is they chop and change their managers far too much. They're never going to win anything that way.

Is weird as seems such a dysfunctional set up but yeah keep winning stuff.

Sarri gets panned yet finished above Spurs and wins a European final and reaches league cup final. Poch gets all the plaudits and can see why but listed as 9th richest club in Europe so not exactly massively over achieving although of course CL final isn’t too shabby.

Hazard basically confirming he’s off, wonder what Chelsea will be like without him next year.

Agree with Batman worth being a general sticky

I moved it, general sports even says on it's description non saints related football...

I moved it, general sports even says on it's description non saints related football...
On balance, I think it's worth making an exception for this thread though. Having it in a prominent place on the main board helps keep the Saints threads on topic (when the 'non-existent' trolls aren't out in force of course!). If it's tucked away in another part of the forum then people are more likely to litter Saints threads with stuff about other teams. Yours thinking-out-loudly...

Definitely worth having this here. I rarely go to the other parts of the forum apart from when I want to laugh at the skates.

Even though it's about other teams plenty of the posts are Saints related because they include discussion and results that directly affect us.

Every round of fixtures there is an 'other games' thread on the mainboard

Your customers would like this thread in here and maybe even a sticky.

Tidied things up, don't you agree?

Every round of fixtures there is an 'other games' thread on the mainboard.

Your customers would like this thread in here and maybe even a sticky.

Tidied things up, don't you agree?

Well said Batman. This is often a good thread to read and it should be in the main board.

Definitely worth having this here. I rarely go to the other parts of the forum apart from when I want to laugh at the skates.

Even though it's about other teams plenty of the posts are Saints related because they include discussion and results that directly affect us.

Wider point, but this board seems to have way too many categories. Outside of Saints, The Lounge and The Muppet Show this forum is dead quiet, might as well just merge all non Football topics into The Lounge IMO.

Interesting piece on the BBC, did not know that Klopp had lost 6 finals in a row as manager, of course queue all the victim Liverpool fans to claim its an anti-Liverpool piece by the BBC. :rolleyes:

Oh and of course if you don't want Liverpool to win you are 'bitter'.

Chelsea are the most successful English club since Abramovic took over

which is very impressive given that period covered and era with Fergie, Wenger, Klopp, Guardiola and Benitez along with the constant stick they get as a club

Edited by Batman

surprised 'other games' thread is not a sticky on the main board

saves multiple other threads constantly being created.

Then again, the mods are utter cretins, so hey ho

I get an infraction for this post but told to (in effect) man up when someone post about wanting me dead.

Legendary stuff lads, that moral compass........ :facepalm:

I get an infraction for this post but told to (in effect) man up when someone post about wanting me dead.

Legendary stuff lads, that moral compass........ :facepalm:

Insult mods at your peril.