Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 851 to 900 of 1110

Thread: Non-Saints Games

  1. #851

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bartonia 2, 000, 000 years ago
    Posts
    7,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    "Until we get rid of racial bias, sexism, homophobia in society, it will exist in all walks of society.

    Thata an amazing quote. Seriously though why are people interviewing Barnes about it? If I were Houghton I'd be insulted that people have to continually refer to my colour and interview other black people about me who may have absolutely nothing in common with each other other than the colour of their skin. It's pathetic.
    Kick it out have now apologised to Brighton over comments made by Townsend!

  2. #852

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    29,081
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simo View Post
    Kick it out have now apologised to Brighton over comments made by Townsend!
    The real question should be why the media is continually lumping managers together based solely on the colour of their skin. I'd like nothing better than a black man to be an Alex Ferguson type figure and smash the prem so we never have to talk about racism every time someone black is fired due to poor performance. People thought the Adkins sacking was ridiculous when he was at saints but no one was insinuating it was a racist act. If anything the absurd overreaction to a perfectly reasonable sacking is the kind of thing that is going to put some people off hiring black managers because they don't want to deal with the negative PR once they are let go.

  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    The real question should be why the media is continually lumping managers together based solely on the colour of their skin. I'd like nothing better than a black man to be an Alex Ferguson type figure and smash the prem so we never have to talk about racism every time someone black is fired due to poor performance. People thought the Adkins sacking was ridiculous when he was at saints but no one was insinuating it was a racist act. If anything the absurd overreaction to a perfectly reasonable sacking is the kind of thing that is going to put some people off hiring black managers because they don't want to deal with the negative PR once they are let go.
    Agreed 100%. It's done more harm than good.

  4. #854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    "Until we get rid of racial bias, sexism, homophobia in society, it will exist in all walks of society.

    Thata an amazing quote. Seriously though why are people interviewing Barnes about it? If I were Houghton I'd be insulted that people have to continually refer to my colour and interview other black people about me who may have absolutely nothing in common with each other other than the colour of their skin. It's pathetic.
    Barnes actually has a point. He isn’t screaming race as the issue at every turn as far as I am aware. I don’t think he is saying it is going to happen although appreciate only seeing in context of your post and assume wasn’t saying sacking was race based

    He also seemed a sane voice when others wanted Liam Neeson in sackcloths and to have “I am the same as the nazis” tattooed on his forehead.

  5. #855

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    18,314
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    John Barnes no longer the flavour of the month, then?

  6. #856

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    29,081
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whelk View Post
    Barnes actually has a point. He isn’t screaming race as the issue at every turn as far as I am aware. I don’t think he is saying it is going to happen although appreciate only seeing in context of your post and assume wasn’t saying sacking was race based

    He also seemed a sane voice when others wanted Liam Neeson in sackcloths and to have “I am the same as the nazis” tattooed on his forehead.
    I'm not really annoyed at Barnes about it, it's more that the media has to trot out a series of black people every time something happens with a black manager. It's patronising and divisive when the only reason they are interested in talking to you is because of your skin colour.

  7. #857

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    29,081
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    John Barnes no longer the flavour of the month, then?
    Seems like a nice bloke to me, certainly less divisive than many other media "personalities." It's just a shame that the media attempt to use him and other black ex players mostly in this way.

  8. #858

    Default

    I want to know what Danny Rose thinks

  9. #859

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    I was there when Pancake went mad. 15/04/2010.
    Posts
    4,993

    Default

    I had forgotten how much I dislike Derby in the play-offs until this evening. C'mon Leeds! (eugh...)

  10. #860

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    18,314
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Game on. Some of the defending tonight and yesterday has been shocking.

  11. #861

    Default

    Very much game on now

  12. #862

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!
    Posts
    17,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Game on. Some of the defending tonight and yesterday has been shocking.
    What worse than what we've had to watch this season

  13. #863

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    I was there when Pancake went mad. 15/04/2010.
    Posts
    4,993

    Default

    Yes. Seriously.

  14. #864

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    27,680

    Default

    What a game this is

  15. #865

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Stalking Theo's Missus
    Posts
    12,772

    Default

    So if it stays 3-3 does it go to extra time?

  16. #866

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    6,702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    So if it stays 3-3 does it go to extra time?
    Yes, no away goals rule.

  17. #867

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hidden behind enemy lines
    Posts
    10,791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LGTL View Post
    Yes, no away goals rule.
    We of all fans should remember that.

  18. #868

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Stalking Theo's Missus
    Posts
    12,772

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    We of all fans should remember that.
    Rasiak doesn't get enough love on here.

  19. #869

    Default

    Matey disputing the yellow. Straight red sunshine

  20. #870

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    27,680

    Default

    Bamford really isnt very good. Neither is the Leeds keeper

  21. #871

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Grinding, not spinning up Alpe d'Huez
    Posts
    1,612

    Default

    Great stuff

  22. #872

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hidden behind enemy lines
    Posts
    10,791

    Default

    Leeds sure know how to bottle a season.

  23. #873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    Leeds sure know how to bottle a season.
    Think I might go down the local care home and see if I can borrow a pair of incontinence pants. Cos am going to pizz myself over Leeds..

  24. #874

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hidden behind enemy lines
    Posts
    10,791

    Default

    Can you imagine throwing away a 2-0 lead against a team like Derby. How embarrassing.

  25. #875

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Was NI now Shropshire..!
    Posts
    8,011

    Default

    Hope villa get through now, better away day for us.

    Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

  26. #876

    Default

    It'd be quite funny if Derby got promoted though, virtually all of their good players are there on loan from Chelsea or Liverpool and they'll have to give them all back.

    They'd pretty much have to buy and integrate an entirely new team for next season!

  27. #877

    Default

    For personal reasons delighted to see Derby make Wembley but I think its Villa's year now.



    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  28. #878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Useful Idiot View Post
    It'd be quite funny if Derby got promoted though, virtually all of their good players are there on loan from Chelsea or Liverpool and they'll have to give them all back.

    They'd pretty much have to buy and integrate an entirely new team for next season!
    Villa have the same problem - their star striker and both centre backs are loans.

    Good luck replacing them all at once.

    Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

  29. #879

    Default

    Remind me of the loan rules: is just one allowed?

  30. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Picard View Post
    Remind me of the loan rules: is just one allowed?
    https://www.premierleague.com/news/464747

    Under the rules in the Premier League Handbook 2018/19 (Download PDF, size: 8.39MB), there are restrictions on how many players Premier League clubs can loan from other Premier League/English clubs.

    They are:
    - Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time.
    - The maximum number of loans registrable in the same season is four, and, under no circumstances, shall more than one be from the same club at any one time.
    - Premier League clubs cannot loan to another Premier League club a player they have acquired in the same transfer window.
    - A Premier League club may loan not more than one of its goalkeepers to another Premier League club

    Derby seem to have Wilson (Liverpool), Mount (Chelsea), King (Leicester) and Tomori (Chelsea) on loan. All but King (who is injured) started last night.
    Last edited by angelman; 16-05-2019 at 06:56 AM.

  31. #881

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Breaking tea cups
    Posts
    1,959

    Default

    Imagine if derby win. We’re gonna be hearing “Frank Lampard’s Derby” over and over and over.

  32. #882

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    1,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raging Bull View Post
    Imagine if derby win. We’re gonna be hearing “Frank Lampard’s Derby” over and over and over.
    Would enjoy them getting promoted though so we can hear "Frank Lampard's Derby sack Frank Lampard" follow by Chelsea fans calling for him to replace whoever is next on the manager merry-go round there.

  33. #883

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    4,178
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by igsey View Post
    Would enjoy them getting promoted though so we can hear "Frank Lampard's Derby sack Frank Lampard" follow by Chelsea fans calling for him to replace whoever is next on the manager merry-go round there.
    well the play-off final is already being billed by some as Frank Lampard and Ashley Cole vs John Terry

  34. Default

    Poor old Pompey. LOL

  35. #885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angelman View Post
    Poor old Pompey. LOL
    wheres that video of TCWTB and his mates singing about Pompey going up while we are going down?
    Wrong, wrong, fkin wrong

  36. #886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beatlesaint View Post
    wheres that video of TCWTB and his mates singing about Pompey going up while we are going down?
    Wrong, wrong, fkin wrong
    https://youtu.be/rlY2A7QC8Ow

    Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

  37. #887

  38. #888

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ampshoire - where else?!
    Posts
    6,711

    Default

    Their super fans covered themselves in glory - some plonker got a bit naughty with a Sunderland player when he went over the hoarding down the side. Instead of rattling Sunderland it rattled the p*mpey players more, probably out of sheer embarrassment.

  39. #889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Boy Saint View Post
    Their super fans covered themselves in glory - some plonker got a bit naughty with a Sunderland player when he went over the hoarding down the side. Instead of rattling Sunderland it rattled the p*mpey players more, probably out of sheer embarrassment.
    yeah bit embarrassing for Sky too as they fell right into that “best fans in the whole world” trap......they didn’t look it when all that was kicking off, classy really classy stuff.

  40. #890

    Default

    They didn’t even want promotion, they want to defend their checkatrade trophy (after boycotting the early rounds obviously). Much more important.

  41. #891

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Norwich
    Posts
    10,207
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrfahaji View Post
    They didn’t even want promotion, they want to defend their checkatrade trophy (after boycotting the early rounds obviously). Much more important.
    That was clearly the plan. Everyone was fooled into thinking they wanted promotion but it was simply a cover!

  42. Default

    Whether you think playoffs are fair or not, time and time again they produce utterly incredible matches.

  43. #893

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Camden, London
    Posts
    9,912

    Default

    Chuffed for Charlton. Club has had a hard time recently. Cracking game too.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  44. #894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Useful Idiot View Post
    It'd be quite funny if Derby got promoted though, virtually all of their good players are there on loan from Chelsea or Liverpool and they'll have to give them all back.

    They'd pretty much have to buy and integrate an entirely new team for next season!
    Fulham had that exact same problem and it didn't turn out well.

  45. #895

    Default

    How did Friend get the FA cup final?

  46. #896

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    18,314
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Zzz

  47. #897

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    6,702

    Default

    Boring, predictable final.

  48. #898

    Default

    David silva must be winning awards for that hair transplant. So much body and silky

    Game over

  49. #899

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    27,680

    Default

    City are a truly awesome side.

    But this is boring.

  50. #900

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ampshoire - where else?!
    Posts
    6,711

    Default

    Bury fans must be Shaking in their boots their 6-0 record could be going at this rate!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •