Non-Saints Games

whelk

I'm not English, but the idea that non-Liverpool football fans should be thrilled for them because they're English strikes me as totally mental. Yes they're obviously a very good side, but watching them win anything wouldn't give me any warm fuzzy feelings.

I'm not English, but the idea that non-Liverpool football fans should be thrilled for them because they're English strikes me as totally mental. Yes they're obviously a very good side, but watching them win anything wouldn't give me any warm fuzzy feelings.

Been pretty much the norm for Donkeys years - a performance like that tonight probably re ingnited the passion in folks.

On European nights, we may have been cheering Kompanys snorter when it ripped into the net as it scuppers Liverpool in the league, then we resort to battling islanders, where Liverpool and Spurs sail under the Union Jack, seeing off (hopefully) these Foriegn Devils looking to beat us at the game we invented.

You are right though it is a bit weird - They will have been dancing in the streets of Madrid tonight!

Yeah, but...

288twcw.jpg

That was incredible. That was ****ing incredible. You look at that and think yeah of course Mane & Van Dyke had to go to Anfield. These are once in a lifetime experiences for these blokes. ****ing atmosphere at that game was insane...I ****ing hate Liverpool , but that was brilliant.

Very true.

Our players who had to do the awards last night must be thinking the same too.

Who can deny Lemina and JWP when the offers come in?

That was incredible. That was ****ing incredible. You look at that and think yeah of course Mane & Van Dyke had to go to Anfield. These are once in a lifetime experiences for these blokes. ****ing atmosphere at that game was insane...I ****ing hate Liverpool , but that was brilliant.

Yes... but...

If Mané and Van Dijk and the others hadn’t left then that could have been us celebrating at St Mary’s. ;)

Me, I've always said that I want all English teams to fail. We are trying to compete with them in the PL, and success in Europe just gives them even more money and makes it even harder to compete. Why anyone wants, say, Liverpool to make an extra £100m or what ever it is, is just bizarre.

Me, I've always said that I want all English teams to fail. We are trying to compete with them in the PL, and success in Europe just gives them even more money and makes it even harder to compete. Why anyone wants, say, Liverpool to make an extra £100m or what ever it is, is just bizarre.

We aren't trying to compete with the Top 6 anyway. We just play them all a couple of times each season, sometimes get the odd good result as well. We had our chance a few years back, we blew it because we couldn't or wouldn't drum up a few quid for a real striker when we needed one. Top 6 clubs don't do that, they always have money for whatever they need, whether they spend it wisely is something else.

We aren't trying to compete with the Top 6 anyway. We just play them all a couple of times each season, sometimes get the odd good result as well. We had our chance a few years back, we blew it because we couldn't or wouldn't drum up a few quid for a real striker when we needed one. Top 6 clubs don't do that, they always have money for whatever they need, whether they spend it wisely is something else.

Sadly all true. Must admit I just saw Valery's smiling face clutching his award from Saints yesterday and wondered how long he'll be with us already. Difficult to change this, tbh

Yes a runners up trophy according to a supporter on talk sport.

They'll win the ECL. Neither Ajax or Spurs will be good enough to stop them.

From last night's game I got the impression that somehow the absence of Salah made them by far less predictable, perhaps that's just the way Barca played though.

I very much doubt we were a few quid away from breaking into the top 6

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

You mean that season we did actually spend a few quid on a striker?

Who was that then ? Lambert was fading, JayRod got injured and we had no-one else IIRC.

Oh Osvaldo, forgot about him but as he was always either injured or suspended that's not surprising really.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Got 10/1 on them to win the tie last night, so wasn't unexpected. Came onto FB this morning and 5 Liverpool 'fans' has 63 posts between them about that game......god knows what it will be like if they won a trophy this year.

Got 10/1 on them to win the tie last night, so wasn't unexpected. Came onto FB this morning and 5 Liverpool 'fans' has 63 posts between them about that game......god knows what it will be like if they won a trophy this year.

Have they won anything yet?

Just checkin'

Barca could really do with a decent centre half, who’s strong, quick and good in the air but also composed on the ball. Can anybody think of one? :)

Umtiti was on the bench, don't know what his problem is just now but he'd have done a better job than either Pique or Lenglet if

he was on top form. Seems to be a modern Barca problem, they keep buying players that they don't need and keep playing the ones who are on the way down. Probably a result of uncompetitive domestic football. I mean look at Digne, far better than that idiot that they had at LB last night.

It’s not the team, it’s their fans. Utterly detestable.

They’re best summed up on this...https://youtu.be/UsQ2h1I21Ks

Though it’s them just being “cheeky scousers”

Horrendous humans... blame the authorities for being allowed to drink too much, blame the authorities also for not enough police, blame other clubs fans that it kicked off, blame the ground condition and also blame the fences at the ground ... and beforehand smash up a jewellers and not pay for the tickets and then claim the surge was to protect a 12 year old boy being beaten by the Juventus fans.

Literally every excuse going. It’s never them.

Good comeback though :lol:

Edited by Crab Lungs

It’s not the team, it’s their fans. Utterly detestable.

They’re best summed up on this...https://youtu.be/UsQ2h1I21Ks

Though it’s them just being “cheeky scousers”

Horrendous humans... blame the authorities for being allowed to drink too much, blame the authorities also for not enough police, blame other clubs fans that it kicked off, blame the ground condition and also blame the fences at the ground ... and beforehand smash up a jewellers and not pay for the tickets and then claim the surge was to protect a 12 year old boy being beaten by the Juventus fans.

Literally every excuse going. It’s never them.

Clueless. Mugs these days just get info from social media.

Buzzing for Ajax. Played the best football out of anyone I've seen all season.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

It’s just a shame they’ll be dismantled at the end of this season. Actually not a shame - fukking annoying

That tadic bloke looks decent, but would be far to lazy for Premier League football

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loved it on here when some on here said he had an attitude. Same applied for Bertrand apparently.

Both thoroughly nice blokes all told.

BBC taking the ****: Only Messi has been involved in more CL goals than Tadic this season, Southampton sold him and signed Mohamed Elyounoussi - who hasn't scored once.

Remember when fans celebrated him leaving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk