Non-Saints Games

whelk

hardly stupid play

I really can't make my mind up what's going on in that video, it's either complete incompetence from the official or blatant cheating to help a struggling Liverpool get the result they need to keep them in the title chase to the final weekend of the season.

I really can't make my mind up what's going on in that video, it's either complete incompetence from the official or blatant cheating to help a struggling Liverpool get the result they need to keep them in the title chase to the final weekend of the season.

Liverpool (or any other side) simply will not get the amount of luck/fortune/decisions like they have this season, ever again

Im sure sky will revisit all these suspect decisions during the 7 day Liverpool title celebration "special"

"Liverpool - the greatest title win of all time"

#vomit

it will be that or the biggest tragedy since Lady Di had the car crash.

hardly stupid play

Agree that’s pretty damning. In the leadup to that clip just remember Ritchie’s arms flailing a lot more and linos always appear desperate to give those. Obviously couldn’t see as much from the initial camera angle as the lino.

It was such an obvious dive. Look at the way he lifts both feet off the ground the moment he felt the contact.

Liverpool (or any other side) simply will not get the amount of luck/fortune/decisions like they have this season, ever again

I think you are right. VAR is also going to have quite an affect next season. I am not sure whether VAR would have changed this linesman's decision but a lot of goals are going to be overruled ... and I cannot help but think that it will be the large clubs who will suffer more.

Edited by Tamesaint

Ole's at the wheel.

DO well to last beyond next season.

Once the euphoria of the early games wore off he's looked totally lost. No inspiration from the touchline, no passion, no indication that he's directing tactics.

Seems to me that the players wanted Jose out and got their way so were happy enough whilst things were going well. Wouldn't be surprised if more than a few see Ole as a soft option and helped him get the job permanently.

But they are a bunch of egos who have little interest in working to get success for the team. Priorities are winning trophies for personal glory and getting paid massively. So first reaction to probable non-qualification for CL is to blame the club, the manager and other players and agitate for a move.

Mess.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

It's the Sky executives I feel sorry for. Can't any of these fu ckwits take things to the final day?

Emery managing to get Arsenal back the the Arsenal he inherited.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

At the time I thought it was a bit weird that Man U rushed to appoint Ole: let's be honest he wasn't going anywhere else.

Now looks like a suicidal decision that us going to cost them another season of mediocrity next year. It'll be ten years since they won league soon enough.

Unless the MUFC board are brave enough to knock him on the head this summer.

It's the Sky executives I feel sorry for. Can't any of these fu ckwits take things to the final day?

Emery managing to get Arsenal back the the Arsenal he inherited.

Every division has been an anticlimax.

Commentator call the Huddersfield goal the ‘all important goal’. Yeah key that one.

In the big game of the weekend my son's U13 Sholing team won the Tyro Cup this afternoon beating Oakwood 4-0 at AFC Totton.

Hampshire Cup final next weekend. They've already knocked out 2 of the best 3 teams from Pompey on the way and are playing the other on Sunday.

In the big game of the weekend my son's U13 Sholing team won the Tyro Cup this afternoon beating Oakwood 4-0 at AFC Totton.

Hampshire Cup final next weekend. They've already knocked out 2 of the best 3 teams from Pompey on the way and are playing the other on Sunday.

Brings back memories of my time at Winsor in the late 90’s. Wiped the floor with the whole of Hampshire, including the Saints Academy team of the time who we beat 5-2. Happy days.

so much for Brighton not getting another point

this will be the 3rd gained since that thought was suggested as gospel

People also said that Cardiff would beat Fulham and Palace and we would need 40 points to be safe. 34 was enough in the end which many pessimists on here couldnt fathom

The sh1t 4 of the top 6 must be down the bottom of the form table. Only Chelsea getting the odd win here and there

Probably because they're all playing too many games for the number of quality players that they have available. I mean look at Spurs, they've even had to dig Janssen out of the dustbin. If you want to go to the later stages of the European Cups and still perform reasonably in the PL you probably need at least 30 decent players. With the 25 man squad rules probably means you probably need 6 or 7 quality youngsters.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Well done to my "other team" Charlton Athletic (grew up watching them). Some of the family I married into support Sunderland so I'm hoping for a CAFC v SAFC final. This, of course, denies another team a Wembley outing so I'll be quite sad for Doncaster.

Slightly off topic but I really want Watford to win the FA Cup.

Just for the perverse amusement of seeing the coveted 7th place actually not getting into Europe, although Wolves fans think they're already there.

And to see Manure (probably) have to go through the qualifying rounds of the Europa in July rather than their money-spinning Asian trip.

Edited by Shroppie

Just for the perverse amusement of seeing the covered 7th place actually not getting into Europe, although Wolves fans think they're already there.

And to see Manure (probably) have to go through the qualifying rounds of the Europa in July rather than their money-spinning Asian trip.

I actually like you're thinking there. With the added bonus that Watford do not have a squad capable of competing on multiple fronts so will be struggling next season too.

However, come the kick off I'm not sure I can see myself actually wanting Watford to win.

I can’t decide either. I don’t know what the assistant thought he saw but it wasn’t a foul. It doesn’t have to be deliberate. Sometimes they get so caught up in the action that they see things that aren’t there.

One incident that I thought was very suspect and that still bugs me was at Old Trafford on 10th May 1995. It was a midweek game and the season was ending on the following Sunday. For some reason my wife had come with us but was sitting in a seat some way away. We were drawing 1-1 at halftime and I said to my wife that if we were still drawing at 80 minutes then the first time that they got into our penalty area they would get a penalty. Sure enough someone has a slight tug on Andy Cole’s sleeve and the referee Paul Danton pounces on it like a cat pounces on a mouse. He couldn’t give it quick enough.

The title race went to the last Sunday and Blackburn ended up winners. Sky sold a lot of satellite dishes in that last week.

Just for the perverse amusement of seeing the covered 7th place actually not getting into Europe, although Wolves fans think they're already there.

If Carlsberg did football results...

At the time I thought it was a bit weird that Man U rushed to appoint Ole: let's be honest he wasn't going anywhere else.

Now looks like a suicidal decision that us going to cost them another season of mediocrity next year. It'll be ten years since they won league soon enough.

Indeed, they didn't need to rush into that decision. Could have given it until the end of the season. Probably Old Sir Alex thinking he could get his hand back on the rudder by appointing one of his binkies. United need to get that old fogey completely out of their system. When they've done that they can start moving forward again.

so much for Brighton not getting another point

this will be the 3rd gained since that thought was suggested as gospel

Is it similar to your many predictions stating we were going to get stuffed in lots of games but ultimately wrong..

People also said that Cardiff would beat Fulham and Palace and we would need 40 points to be safe. 34 was enough in the end which many pessimists on here couldnt fathom

It could be that 31 points will be enough to survive this year. Last season 33 (and a better goal difference than Swansea) would have done it.

Just for the perverse amusement of seeing the coveted 7th place actually not getting into Europe, although Wolves fans think they're already there.

Isn’t there also something about if Arsenal win the Europa League 3rd place also has to pre qualify for the CL Group stage. And 4th gets demoted to Europa league.

Man U are worried their pitch won’t be ready for the 25th July either.

Isn’t there also something about if Arsenal win the Europa League 3rd place also has to pre qualify for the CL Group stage. And 4th gets demoted to Europa league.

Don't know about the pre-qualifying but if Arsenal should win the Europa Leage then we have 5 teams in the CL and only 2 in the Europa League. United plus either the cup winners (if not City) or the 7th placed team.

That only could happen if English teams win both the Europa League and the CL, and both winners finish below the top 4. That can't happen now since Spurs are all but guaranteed to finish in the top 4 (and Liverpool obviously).

come on City!!!

Agreed ^

For first time I actually miss Puel. If Leicester hadn't sacked him I'd have no worries tonight, city would beat a Puel side at this stage of the season easily.

Leicester are however now much different under Rodgers and I am genuinely worried Leicester will get something tonight.

Vardy back to his best and Maguire, Maddison, Tielemans all reborn under Rodgers

Come on City

Agreed ^

For first time I actually miss Puel. If Leicester hadn't sacked him I'd have no worries tonight, city would beat a Puel side at this stage of the season easily.

Leicester are however now much different under Rodgers and I am genuinely worried Leicester will get something tonight.

Vardy back to his best and Maguire, Maddison, Tielemans all reborn under Rodgers

Come on City

You’re the betting chump who can see all before him.

I don't think that will be the decision that costs them....

They have all sorts of issues they need addressing first, their entire structure is wrong.

Big contracts dealt out to players that just aren't good enough (sound familiar). Poor transfer strategy focusing on signing superstars ahead of actually meeting the needs of the squad.

They need to spend this summer removing the dross and fixing their core, then they can focus on sharpening their attack. Think it would take two years worth of decent transfer window activity for them to get anywhere near Man City.

For now they need an entire new set of first team CBs (Maguire and De Ligt), a decent RB and some talent in the centre (Neves) to even get into the fight for CL.

Agreed ^

Come on City

wouldn't say easily- Puel won in the last league meetings between the 2, and in the league cup both this season and last, the game went to pens.

puel also got a 1-1 draw for us against City in peps first season.

though I suppose these are all also peppered in between some hammerings he had against City too.

anyway- reckon City will win but will be tight, with no KDB and fernandinho. gonna say 2-1, sterling to run past jonny evans or something for one of them

wouldn't say easily- Puel won in the last league meetings between the 2, and in the league cup both this season and last, the game went to pens.

puel also got a 1-1 draw for us against City in peps first season.

though I suppose these are all also peppered in between some hammerings he had against City too.

anyway- reckon City will win but will be tight, with no KDB and fernandinho. gonna say 2-1, sterling to run past jonny evans or something for one of them

Puel sides routinely down tools around March time as we found in 16/17

Puels record against top 6 in the league was also very poor. Remember we went the full season without a single top 6 victory in the league and that was after the final Koeman season where we picked up 6 victories over the top 6 sides.

City woulda hammered a Puel side at this stage of the season. Rodgers Leicester won't be as easy I fear.

Puel sides routinely down tools around March time as we found in 16/17

Puels record against top 6 in the league was also very poor. Remember we went the full season without a single top 6 victory in the league and that was after the final Koeman season where we picked up 6 victories over the top 6 sides.

City woulda hammered a Puel side at this stage of the season. Rodgers Leicester won't be as easy I fear.

What are your tips for this game?