Saints vs Bournemouth - Match Thread

Lighthouse

What happened to him? Looked decent when he first arrived. Sharp and scored goals. Too many injuries I suppose?
& we have committed to buy this guy for 20 million!

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Pretty much sums up why we struggle. We seem to have to create so much in order to get one goal, yet our opponents manage to find the net as soon they have a sniff.

Our forwards not good enough, our CBs not good enough. Ralph's tactics are helping us create chances but not much he can do with Long and Ings (and to some extent Redmond) playing in clogs and Stephens and other defenders switching off or getting caught out of position. We are limping to safety.

Ralph getting a lesson (so far) from Howe

I recall Howe doing that at St Mary's before - when Puel was in charge, we were generally the better team, then Howe made a change with about half an hour to go (packed the midfield if I remember correctly) and we somehow clung on for a 0-0, which may also have been the Arter penalty miss match.

Just watching the highlights of the Spurs v WHU game. West Ham looked decent. I seriously doubt we will get anything up there next weekend, so we need to turn things around at HT and get something from this game to avoid having to get a result on the last day.

Just watching the highlights of the Spurs v WHU game. West Ham looked decent. I seriously doubt we will get anything up there next weekend, so we need to turn things around at HT and get something from this game to avoid having to get a result on the last day.

That's assuming Cardiff win out though.

People need to calm down, they have had 3 shot FFS in total, we should have been at at least 2 or 3 up, so the chances are there to score more goals in the 2nd half.

Re-group at half time, get at them like we did initially and we still have a chance to win.

Midfield has lost it since the Bournemouth sub and Romeu cant tackle as normal now, a red in waiting

Get Lemina on for him

Whilst, I would agree, Lamina is prone to giving the ball away in crap positions for us and Bournemouth would slice us open.

People need to calm down, they have had 3 shot FFS in total, we should have been at at least 2 or 3 up, so the chances are there to score more goals in the 2nd half.

Re-group at half time, get at them like we did initially and we still have a chance to win.

it is more than that, they have changed their set up and since, all over us

But then, we are a top 10 side, so wont be an issue I 'spect

I don't believe Howe is giving Ralph a lesson AT ALL... the screw was being turned prior to Fraser coming on. We're getting done because we've got one of the weakest backlines in PL history.

All that hes done is notice we're horrific defensively and added an extra attacking player.

If we lose this, we'd still have to lose the last two as well as Cardiff winning their's with a massive swing in goals and even then Brighton would have to pick up an unrealistic set of results. We're safe regardless.
No. If results stay the same, Cardiff will be 5pts behind. Yes,, they need to win two and we need to lose two, but goal difference wouldn't come into it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I recall Howe doing that at St Mary's before - when Puel was in charge, we were generally the better team, then Howe made a change with about half an hour to go (packed the midfield if I remember correctly) and we somehow clung on for a 0-0, which may also have been the Arter penalty miss match.

I rate Howe and yes he's turned the game but give Ralph his dues. It's not really 'his' team. Howe had built his and their style of play over years. They've had a few quid too and recruited relatively well.

Our turnaround since Ralph arrived has been cracking. Let's see how he presents tactically after a preseason with the players and a few of his own faces.

Did you watch it. After the first 15 and their sub, we offered nothing. Everything was them - if they score next we could be on the end of a locally administered tonking.

1-2 h/t. Getting utterly overrun in the middle of the park again. Two centre backs who can't run, "protected" by Romeu, who can't run, is almost a training exercise for Bournemouth against those blow up statues.

I've yet to see any evidence that Bednarek can play in a back four. And people think he's one of our plusses of the season! Pairing him with Stephens was a pretty optimistic selection to say the least.

Hope we kept the receipt for Danny Ings. I think Shane Long now as many goals from open play this season as that declining £20m waste of ink.

Not sure how we can get back into this. Once Bournemouth realised all they had to do was attack and we'd immediately soil the bed, we were done for - panic set in, heads went, gesticulations intensified.

It's going to come down to Huddersfield at home on the final weekend, isn't it?

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

No. If results stay the same, Cardiff will be 5pts behind. Yes,, they need to win two and we need to lose two, but goal difference wouldn't come into it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Given how we've done so far today, we look well capable of losing the next two, well capable.

It's really not that simple. Since they made their tactical change we have really struggled to get a foothold in midfield, so the chances just aren't coming as easily as they did in the early stages.

Our only hope is if we can make a tactical switch of our own to get back on top. But looking at our bench options I really don't see how that's going to happen.

At the very least, I would swap JWP for Lemina. He looked very good in the second half at Newcastle last week and is a far better option to give us some mobility in the middle and link the attack.

It's going to come down to Huddersfield at home on the final weekend, isn't it?

Looking like it might well happen. I have more faith in Fulham getting a result today than Saints but let's see if we can up our game 2nd half.

Mitrovic has just missed an absolute sitter.

Bit sad when we are relying on an already relegated side to try to dig us out of the shyte though because we've lost our bottle against the might of bloody Bournemouth.