Saints 3-3 Bournemouth - Reaction

Lighthouse

another game of ifs and buts, but I think draw is the fair result.

I will remain positive and say that games like this can only allow Ralph to understand his squad more so he knows what he needs for success next season.

We give away so many easy goals, more dropped points from our own mistakes.

Work to be done in the summer to avoid another relegation battle. We've got a good manager, just hope the club give him the resources to do his job.

The club will do their best to invest tentatively and with little impact. And by invest I mean still get net profit

Given how we played in the first 20 minutes, pretty disappointed to be honest - we should have been more than 1 ahead by then. We then pretty much imploded for the remainder of the second half and got what we deserved. Didn't see the second half, but it appeared that we played better. BUT, how flimsy are we in the last 10 minutes, we are wafer thin. OK we are safe, but all in all, pretty disappointed that we have had to scrabble over the line and not done it with a little more style. Major change needed from here on in.

Is that 2 points dropped from a winning position, a point gained from a losing position, or 1 point dropped from a winning position, or all three? Daft stat.

Technically safe, but we are great at shooting ourselves in the foot (Armstrong). Our midfield really needs to learn some lessons in game management next season.

5 Positives: 1. We are safe 2. We didn't lose 3. Ralf will have seen we need at least one new centre back 4. Ralf Hassenhuttel 5. Skates are struggling to go up automatically.

1 Negative: we didn't get 3 points.

Drawer a blue line, enjoy what the summer brings and a full season with Ralf in the Premier League

Jesus people, what's with all the negativity - we ****ing stayed up - which when Ralph came in wasn't looking likely with the way we're playing. And get off Shane Long's back - OK he missed a sitter but he's been scoring the goals recently. Last few years it was Redmond, now it's Long - when will people just get off their backs - guess what, they'll play better if they have people on their side.

So since Stephens has come back into the starting lineup, that's 3 games in a row where we have conceded after 85 mins. Coincidence?

An entertaining game that should have been put to bed early on, but Shane Long's miss to make it 2-0 was just shocking. And I just hate the way he always smiles when he f*cks up like that as well.

Bournemouth deservedly got ahead after their tactical switch, and then we rightly did the same after HT, so it's very disappointing to once again throw away a win in the last few minutes. That is the biggest problem that Ralph needs to address in the summer IMO. Never mind the fact that our strikers are generally crap at scoring, it's our p*ss-poor defending and inability to hold onto a lead that has cost us so badly. I make that 27 points lost from a winning position now - that's atrocious for any club.

Mission accomplished. Krueger official last day is April 30th. When allegedly we hear the basis of the master plan for next season. I reckon it’s going to be a good one.

Master plans, German sounding names, official last days, missions accomplished..........That doesn't sound good for anyone!!!

Thank you, Fulham!

Well, we got it done - somehow - with two games to spare. All credit to Hasenhuttl for keeping that rabble up. We'll be in the exact same trouble next season unless major changes are made - a few "tweaks" aren't going to solve our deficiencies.

Personally, I'd get shot of all our centre backs - not a PL player between them. Obviously that's not going to happen. A holding midfielder with more mobility than an asthmatic slug with a limp is also an essential change.

Is there any way to get out of the Ings deal? Can we Escape to Victory him, like they did with the keeper so Rocky could take over in nets; return him to Liverpool because he's broken.

Good game from Redmond in front of the England manager. If he's looking for a lad who cuts inside and blazes the ball 30 yards high and wide every time, he's a shoo in.

Come on, Newcastle - keep Brighton down there. They're appalling to watch: the league won't miss them.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Flopped over the line to safety! Just the same it's been a remarkable job by Ralph to engineer Saints status. He has a task ahead to rebuild the squad. Surprised we didn't see Lemina today? Will be great to watch the last two games without the anxiety of trying to stay up.

What a goal from Ryan Babbel, but looks like Cardiff should have buried Fulham in the last 15 minutes....Phew.

Ralph has pulled off a minor miracle with this lot. I expect improvement next year, but not much as the club will not be able to provide RH what he needs I feel.

Shame not to hold on for a win - again! - but let's not forget that we also came from behind to lead as well.

Ralph still has a few things to tweak in his own approach but god we are so much better to watch than we used to be. At least we have spells where we look a really good side, even if we also have moments (defensively mainly) where we look atrocious!

I was really impressed with both Hojbjerg and JWP today. Hojbjerg has always been a bit sloppy and JWP has always been a bit too safe for my liking, but they seem to be - in general and particularly today - improving in those areas. We didn't even miss Romeu because they were both doing so well at winning the ball back and retaining possession.

Great game, 2 awful defences. Stephens gives his all but needs to move on, Armstrong needs to leave off the Tennents....wtf was he doing?!

SAFE

Does he? I find that the biggest problem is he is too casual at times.

Spends too much time watching the ball and not enough actually defending for me.

On my way back from the game. Yet another one of those frustrating Saints games where every molecule in your body is telling you that we wouldn't hold onto the lead (twice). So bloody annoying given we dominated the majority of the game. Why do we need 10+ chances to score a goal whereas our opponents seemingly score with every chance they get? Have faith in Ralph fixing this issue next season.

In more positive news, finally got to meet Fitzhugh Fella after all these years! Good to see you Sir.

We are staying up... Happy days :)

Edited by trousers

Well we are safe and well done Ralph with this lot in tow....

I predicted we would concede bringing Armstrong on and we did. He is just not at the races at all. He is lazy and or not aware what’s going on around him. Ralph is obviously very unsure about him and rightly.

The fans fav who is of a similar ilk and should be moved on is Bednarek. It’s not surprising that we conceded three with him and Stephens at the back who of course is also needing to be shifted on.

So two Centre Backs needed, cover or competition at right back though Ramsey looks very useful and a forward.

Mission accomplished. Krueger official last day is April 30th. When allegedly we hear the basis of the master plan for next season. I reckon it’s going to be a good one.

Where has this news of such an announcement come from? Genuinely interested!

We didn't lose!Why then am I so disappointed? Because yet again we threw away a lead,struggled to get it back and went behind,came back to draw and then went ahead but,like so many times this season threw away two points with useless defending.Ralph now knows where to off load the dead wood and although we are safe now in total,I am still not happy with how we got here.I will continue to support Saints anyway.

Rant over.