West Ham v Saints - Build-up

SuperSAINT

this will not be the team, ffs

Lemina will probably start in place of Ings and maybe Targett to play LWB at the expense of Stephens

I didnt say it would be......ffs

Just suggesting what i would like to see as a supporter, hope thats ok.......ffs

Pellegrini has transformed WHU into a very good footballing side that comprehensively outplayed Spurs the other day. They are on the way up whereas we are in 'sighs of relief mode'.

No contest really and the usual 0-3 drubbing beckons on the cards. Honestly after the season our lads have had campaign weariness seems inevitable and it is hard to see where the motivation will come from to do any better.

Not sure about that. It was only their 2nd win in their last 7 games (the previous one was scraping past Huddersfield 4-3), even Cardiff beat them (like us). They are really hit and miss and i think we can get a narrow win here

Just hoping for an entertaining game and we come away with a point or three.

Stress and pressure off!

we could still finish as high as 12 (depending on other teams results) if we win our last two games I certainly want us to finish as high possible plus West Ham fans are mostly dicks so beating them is always good.

I can’t see Ralph taking the foot off the gas, he said last weekend that the work for next season starts tomorrow, he’ll no doubt want a bit of momentum to carry into the summer, and likewise he will no doubt be making sure that everyone knows every starting position is currently vacant for next season.

Vestergaard out for the season, as expected, but Maya not available either, which is a blow.

Hope he goes with three at the back, including Bertrand, with Targett LB. Unless he decides to give Ramsey or Jones a chance.

At least Carroll is out.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

...a8df3f53b27ff334612abcdc5582a1e2.jpg
Sorry, but I wouldn't be happy risking Forster. Suppose the only chance of moving him on is to put him in the shop window (with a Massive Reduction sign).

Momentum in the last couple of games is important to take forward into next season and we're already without Vestergaard and Yoshida.

Imo next 2 games should be used to look at players who haven’t had much game time and that we might be thinking of shipping out.

With that in mind, I wouldn’t be disappointed to see Forster, Gallagher, Moi get a game. Hopefully Lemina starts as well as he’s had very limited game time since injury.

Seems pointless playing Forster - we have an excellent young, developing keeper, and the best thing for his development is to keep playing games.

He'll learn more on the pitch than on the training ground with Dave Watson hitting drop kicks straight at him.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Vestergaard out for the season, as expected, but Maya not available either, which is a blow.

Hope he goes with three at the back, including Bertrand, with Targett LB. Unless he decides to give Ramsey or Jones a chance.

At least Carroll is out.

Good thing we are safe I'd hate to be going into the last two games needing results to stay up, with out Maya or Vest, and relying on Stephens at the back

He’s probably testing out to see if he can be counted on being No.2 next season.

I’m sure he is.

I hope for his sake if he plays he has a great game no matter what the score.

Mentally he must be in a much better place than the last time he played for the first team.

Its unfortunate for Forster however that he will have Stephens in front of him. I thought Yoshida was ill last week and fully expected him to be back for Saturday.

I’m sure he is.

I hope for his sake if he plays he has a great game no matter what the score.

Mentally he must be in a much better place than the last time he played for the first team.

Well, at least RH knows the situation fully and sees him in training, but like others I'd still be worried with him in goal.

So it's all out attack then!

Forster all by himself nearly relegated us last season.

Making that goalkeeper change was one of the few things Pellegrino got right for us.

He had serious flaws in his game, being unable to go down low to his left or right quickly save shots, unable to command his box properly and his poor goalkeeping led our defenders to panik

I want him nowhere near our goalkeeper shirt.

You can only make that assertion if you know that nothing at all has changed since his last appearance. Do you know that nothing has changed?

He was terrible before he signed for us.

He was terrible for us, pre-injury.

He was terrible for us, post-injury.

He was terrible for us for two seasons until he finally got dropped. Somehow.

He will be terrible again.

A massively terrible goalkeeper.

Our own Jack Rodwell, stuck on a long huge contract with no chance of anyone taking him off us.

Our own Jack Rodwell, stuck on a long huge contract with no chance of anyone taking him off us.

Yep and when you say it like that, I get all nostalgic. All the flapping, diving too late, standing like a statue.... ah, memories

Jesus Christ people make some stupid posts on this forum.

He's a professional footballer who has played for England and played in the Champions League for Celtic, IIRC the guy has a clean sheet at the Nou Camp. He's also had some superb performances for us and earned us points on his own.

You are making out like we are playing the kit man in goal or something.

The guy at least deserves a chance to see if he is not completely shot of confidence. I am sure if Ralph is considering playing him then he has seen enough to warrant that and I trust his judgement.

You can only make that assertion if you know that nothing at all has changed since his last appearance. Do you know that nothing has changed?

Of course he doesn't. It is just another negative post from the trolling Cabbage Face // Heisenberg stable.

I suspect that Fraser will play in the last 2 games of the season and if he performs adequately, we will be selling McCarthy in the summer.

Hasenhuttl confirms it'll be a reserve side playing, which is a great shame but at least gives the away fans who had planned to travel the opportunity to change their plans if they wanted. Ticket's have still been paid for though, so those who do attend will be paying Premier League prices for an U21 performance. Bit of a scandal really.

Don't fancy this at all, think we're going to get beat. Arnautovic against Stephens - not a good sight.

with Ralph confirming that 6-7 of the starting 11 will be "boys who haven't played much or at all this season" I think it's safe to say a defeat is the least of our worries! :lol:

Hasenhuttl confirms it'll be a reserve side playing, which is a great shame but at least gives the away fans who had planned to travel the opportunity to change their plans if they wanted. Ticket's have still been paid for though, so those who do attend will be paying Premier League prices for an U21 performance. Bit of a scandal really.
I assume you're just making that up as Ralph said yesterday he would not be making 6-7 changes but one or two players who haven't had many chances may get some game time.

with Ralph confirming that 6-7 of the starting 11 will be "boys who haven't played much or at all this season" I think it's safe to say a defeat is the least of our worries! [emoji38]
He didn't say anything like that. Can't decide if this is very amateurish trolling or you simply don't check facts.

No brainer to give Forster some game time in the PL.

How can you realistically expect to sell or loan out an £80k a week player who hasn't appeared for 18 months in any professional game despite apparently being available for selection?

Answer: you can't.

(Besides, wouldn't be hugely shocked if he is no2 keeper next year. McCarthy probably has a better sale value and we don't need both)

I'd be happy to have him as backup if we can get some decent money for Mccarthy. Would allow us to strengthen in areas where we are weaker.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Yep, it's a no brainer. McCarthy won't take the gloves off Gunn. Neither will Forster. McCarthy has value. Forster doesn't, and is costing a fortune.

No brainer to give Forster some game time in the PL.

How can you realistically expect to sell or loan out an £80k a week player who hasn't appeared for 18 months in any professional game despite apparently being available for selection?

Answer: you can't.

(Besides, wouldn't be hugely shocked if he is no2 keeper next year. McCarthy probably has a better sale value and we don't need both)

This is it. Ralph knows he is unlikely to be able to shift Forster in the summer with the contract he is on, so he will use these couple of games to gauge whether he can be relied upon sufficiently to be No2 to Gunn next season. If he thinks he can, it would help Ralph as could potentially get some cash in from McCarthy that can be reinvested elsewhere without needing another keeper.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk