West Ham v Saints - Build-up

SuperSAINT

Tricky as always. Thank goodness we’re safe.

Never know what West Ham side will turn up.

I think they’ve done well this season considering the injury list they always seem to have - every time I check the injury table, they consistently have around 8-10 players out.

Should be a good day out, just go and enjoy this one. We'll likely concede, probably more than once, and we might score 1 or 2.

Might see us take the foot off the peddle a bit for this, with the confirmation of being safe. They're a decent side, and arguably should be doing better than what they have done this year.

Would probably go with...

Gunn; Valery Bednarek Vestergaard Yoshida Bertrand; JWP Romeu Hojbjerg; Redmond; Ings

Bench: Forster Targett Stephens Armstrong Long Sims Lemina

Should be a good day out, just go and enjoy this one. We'll likely concede, probably more than once, and we might score 1 or 2.

Might see us take the foot off the peddle a bit for this, with the confirmation of being safe. They're a decent side, and arguably should be doing better than what they have done this year.

Would probably go with...

Gunn; Valery Bednarek Vestergaard Yoshida Bertrand; JWP Romeu Hojbjerg; Redmond; Ings

Bench: Forster Targett Stephens Armstrong Long Sims Lemina

Doubt we'll see Vestergaard again this season, he needs time off with that groin problem. Maybe an opportunity to give Alfie Jones a go?

Tricky as always. Thank goodness we’re safe.

Never know what West Ham side will turn up.

I think they’ve done well this season considering the injury list they always seem to have - every time I check the injury table, they consistently have around 8-10 players out.

I suppose if you sign the likes of Jack Wilshere and Andy Carroll you shouldn’t expect too much !!

Doubt we'll see Vestergaard again this season, he needs time off with that groin problem. Maybe an opportunity to give Alfie Jones a go?
Alfie Jones who can't even make the bench when we've only got two fit senior centre backs?

I think it's pretty clear the manager doesn't even rate him as a viable option over Kayne Ramsey - an 18 year old right back played out of position!

From what I've seen of Jones in u23s football, he's painfully slow and has no obvious stand out attributes that suggest he could play at a high level.

I'd be amazed if he was still at the club next season.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

---------------------------- Gunn ------------------------------

---------- Jones --------- Yoshida -------- Bednarek ---------

Valery ------------------------------------------------- Targett

------------ Hojbjerg ------------------- Lemina -------------

--------------------------- Redmond ---------------------------

-------------------- Long ------------ Ings ---------------------

Subs: Forster, Bertrand, Romeu, Armstrong, JWP, Sims, Austin

Give a few youngsters some gametime. 3-5-2 with Berty at left CB

Gunn

Ramsay

Bednarek

Yoshida

Bertrand

Vokins

Lemina

Hojbjerg

Slattery

Redmond

Long

Forster

Stephens

Valery

JWP

Sims

Ings

Austin

Yes I was going to suggest something similar perhaps with Forster in Goal too

Not too fussed which games it happens in, but what I'd like to see in our two remaining fixtures is continued development of Valery, Gunn, Bednarek & Vestergaard, one outing (at least) for Ramsay & Slattery, possibly a debut for Vokins, if not more game-time for Targett, and Lemina to start both games. Beyond that I'm not too fussed. Would probably play Ings both games to try and get him on the scoresheet for confidence (assuming he is definitely with us next season).

Otherwise, can't see too much to gain from chopping and changing more (it's quite a bit already). Maybe a sub appearance for Tyreke Johnson and a bit more exposure for Sims? Maybe a sub outing for Gallagher to remind possible buyers he exists??

Wouldn't have Bednarek on the left, he showed he cannot play there against Newcastle. I like Bednarek but he was awful there.

I think now we are safe it’s time to properly giving the -2-2-2 formation a proper go, at the least we will find the players who really can’t handle it:

Gunn

Valery Bednarek. Yoshida. Berty

Lemina. Hoj

JWP. Redmond

Long. Ings

We would get slaughtered..

Probably depends on two things, namely which West Ham turn up and the presence of Stephens in the starting line up

yep, a number of factors come in.

I reckon we'll lose 3-2. It would not surprise me either if it was another 80th minute plus heartbreak to be honest.

As long as it is nothing like last seasons horror show there.

Yes I was going to suggest something similar perhaps with Forster in Goal too

With Forster, Ramsay, Slattery and Vokins on the pitch we’d get battered. Chucking kids who aren’t ready into a game like this isn’t going to achieve nothing and will just knock their confidence.

Forster in goal?

We have a high place finish to chase...[/QUOT

We also have an investment in a player who we do not know if he has fully recovered from his recent problems

The few extra millions we earn if we finish higher can contribute to subsidizing Forster s wages when we sell him to another team. Playing a competent keeper is a must for this.

I don’t wish to test out Forster to see if he is over his recent struggles knowing he has already scuppered the under 23’s promotion to Division 1 by dropping an absolute clanger a few games ago.

If we draw or lose then we can realistically only move up one place if we beat Huddersfield. But win our last two matches and moving up 3 places (or at a stretch 4) is possible, for an extra £6-8 million in position money.

It's a must win game. I'm getting nervous already.

I think now we are safe it’s time to properly giving the -2-2-2 formation a proper go, at the least we will find the players who really can’t handle it:

Gunn

Valery Bednarek. Yoshida. Berty

Lemina. Hoj

JWP. Redmond

Long. Ings

We’ve looked poor whenever we’ve played 4-2-2-2. Not only have our CBs been exposed but we’ve been run ragged in midfield.

Edited by shurlock

There's millions of pounds still at stake and that'd at least cover some of the wages for crap players we're still paying. Ergo the teams we put out against West Ham and Huddersfield still need to be fairly strong. Maybe bring in Jones, Ramsey, Slattery or Johnson but do it against Huddersfield if anything. A stronger team for West Ham please.

Diop got highlighted against Spurs as having a good game, so keep Long and Ings in with Redmond for a bit of pace, maybe have Lemina next to Hojbjerg and Romeu in midfield giving JWP a rest, Valery and Targett wing backs with Bertrand in a back 3 with Bednarek and hopefully Yoshida, and maybe bring in McCarthy for a change.

West Ham are weird, crap at times, decent at times. Along with Everton they get the "most inconsistent team of the season" award. They're beatable but I'd take a point. Then a home win against Hudds should see us finish above Burnley.

There's millions of pounds still at stake and that'd at least cover some of the wages for crap players we're still paying. Ergo the teams we put out against West Ham and Huddersfield still need to be fairly strong. Maybe bring in Jones, Ramsey, Slattery or Johnson but do it against Huddersfield if anything. A stronger team for West Ham please.

Diop got highlighted against Spurs as having a good game, so keep Long and Ings in with Redmond for a bit of pace, maybe have Lemina next to Hojbjerg and Romeu in midfield giving JWP a rest, Valery and Targett wing backs with Bertrand in a back 3 with Bednarek and hopefully Yoshida, and maybe bring in McCarthy for a change.

West Ham are weird, crap at times, decent at times. Along with Everton they get the "most inconsistent team of the season" award. They're beatable but I'd take a point. Then a home win against Hudds should see us finish above Burnley.

Hence why Sat’s late soft equaliser was annoying. Prize money could wipe out the loss on Fraser alone.

I’d love to see this

Gunn

Ramsay

Bednarek

Yoshida

Bertrand

Vokins

Lemina

Hojbjerg

Slattery

Redmond

Long

Forster

Stephens

Valery

JWP

Sims

Ings

Austin

The forum seems to assume that we don't need any more points. But Brighton could easily overtake us if we should lose here and if Huddersfield do what relegated teams often do, play their socks off and sneak an unlikely victory. I would hate to end up in 17th place below Brighton. Yes , give some deserving youngsters a chance in the next two games, but not by weakening the team's ability to win.

The forum seems to assume that we don't need any more points. But Brighton could easily overtake us if we should lose here and if Huddersfield do what relegated teams often do, play their socks off and sneak an unlikely victory. I would hate to end up in 17th place below Brighton. Yes , give some deserving youngsters a chance in the next two games, but not by weakening the team's ability to win.

By beating Arsenal and Man City? Really?

Play our strongest team for the last two games win them and finish above Bournemouth and Brighton top team on the South Coast please.

I think we'll finish above Brighton no matter what given their remaining games, but we'll need at least 4 points to hop above Burnley. Two wins to have a chance of doing anything else, which I don't think we'll do - West Ham are a good side, if Stephens starts then we've already conceeded goals.

We'll probably stay in 16th.

As long as we play better at West Ham than we did last year. That game for me was last season's lowest point. Hughes learnt a lot from that game (did Boufal play again that season?) but relegation seemed most likely after that match.

Onwards and upwards.

Probably depends on two things, namely which West Ham turn up and the presence of Stephens in the starting line up

Would like to think Yoshi will be back. Less chance Vestergaard.

So we could play a 3 of Bednarek - Yoshi - Bertrand

Pellegrini has transformed WHU into a very good footballing side that comprehensively outplayed Spurs the other day. They are on the way up whereas we are in 'sighs of relief mode'.

No contest really and the usual 0-3 drubbing beckons on the cards. Honestly after the season our lads have had campaign weariness seems inevitable and it is hard to see where the motivation will come from to do any better.

Gunn

Ramsay

Bednarek

Yoshida

Bertrand

Vokins

Lemina

Hojbjerg

Slattery

Redmond

Long

Forster

Stephens

Valery

JWP

Sims

Ings

Austin

this will not be the team, ffs

Lemina will probably start in place of Ings and maybe Targett to play LWB at the expense of Stephens

I don't understand the apathy of some of these responses. We should go all out to win both of our last two games. There's a chance to get an extra 7 million pounds in prize money. Plenty of time for the players to relax during the off-season.

There’s only so many times I can watch Saints throw a game away in the 87th minute and still care TBH. I’m mighty relieved we’re staying up, from a financial point of view more than the football, but I won’t be gripping the edge of my seat if we’re clinging on to a 1-0 lead with 5 minutes to go.