Transfers from elevated teams

ozzmeister

Maybe slightly premature but it’s looking pretty nailed on to be Cardiff, Fulham and Huddersfield.

So out of these three teams which one player would you sign from each?

Huddersfield - Kognola (defender)

Fulham - Mitrovic (striker)

Cardiff - maybe Camasara (midfielder)

To be honest I struggled with Cardiff!

Maybe slightly premature but it’s looking pretty nailed on to be Cardiff, Fulham and Huddersfield.

So out of these three teams which one player would you sign from each?

Huddersfield - Kognola (defender)

Fulham - Mitrovic (striker)

Cardiff - maybe Camasara (midfielder)

To be honest I struggled with Cardiff!

Ryan Sessegnon

wouldn't take him only because of his age, but actually think Babel has been quite good for Fulham recently, although perhaps it might be so that he can bag himself a PL contract this summer and he'll flop next season.

Schurrle was okay in the early half, but on the whole of course Fulham have been terrible.

Although I wouldn't take anyone from any of the relegated teams, so this thread is more of a, who is the best player for each relegated team...

For Cardiff, it is probably Camarasa (remember reading how with him in the team they have higher points per game than without), and as for Huddersfield it is easy to say Mooy, although Terriers fan might argue otherwise as they actually watch their team every week.

Edited by nta786

Always quite liked Huddersfield's Billings when I've seen him. Not sure he's much better than the midfielders we've already got, though.

Sessegnon is the only Fulham player that would suit us, and he's both out of our price range and been massively underwhelming this season. Doesn't look skillful enough to be a winger at this level, and too poor defensively to be a left back.

Cardiff haven't got anyone worth a damn - and still beat us twice!

I'd be more interested in raiding a few teams that miss out on the play offs from the championship. Grealish, at Villa, won't be in our price range, but their other quality midfielder McGinn might be. Jack Clarke at Leeds is a prospect. I know he's only on loan at Derby, but I think Tomori is someone we could potentially pick up - Chelsea will never play him, and we're crying out for a mobile centre back.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Always quite liked Huddersfield's Billings when I've seen him. Not sure he's much better than the midfielders we've already got, though.

Sessegnon is the only Fulham player that would suit us, and he's both out of our price range and been massively underwhelming this season. Doesn't look skillful enough to be a winger at this level, and too poor defensively to be a left back.

Cardiff haven't got anyone worth a damn - and still beat us twice!

I'd be more interested in raiding a few teams that miss out on the play offs from the championship. Grealish, at Villa, won't be in our price range, but their other quality midfielder McGinn might be. Jack Clarke at Leeds is a prospect. I know he's only on loan at Derby, but I think Tomori is someone we could potentially pick up - Chelsea will never play him, and we're crying out for a mobile centre back.

On loan from Liverpool, but Harry Wilson at Derby looks like a player.

Pritchard from Huddersfield might be a good outside bet, similar to Josh Sims in energy and workrate, best played more centrally though, struggled to make an impact at Huddersfield but great for Norwich previously.

I would love it if we bought in Mitrovic as a replacement for an outgoing Austin.

Taking other teams than the relegates, perhaps see if a cash plus Gallagher deal for Che Adams can be arranged, and finally renew our interest in signing Pontus Jansson as a replacement for Stephens if Leeds fail in the play offs.

I would love it if we bought in Mitrovic as a replacement for an outgoing Austin.

Taking other teams than the relegates, perhaps see if a cash plus Gallagher deal for Che Adams can be arranged, and finally renew our interest in signing Pontus Jansson as a replacement for Stephens if Leeds fail in the play offs.

Mitrovic has been relegated twice now with different teams. Could be the new Dean Saunders

Wouldn't take anyone from Huddersfield, really poor set of players. Same to be said of Cardiff, they're going back to their level.

Fulham on the other hand do have some ability, they just didn't have a team. I think they'll need to ship a few out and I'd be interested to see what interest there is in Sessengon this summer - he's probably one of the only ones I'd be interested in.

Tough one, some of the poorer teams to be relegated in a while

Huddersfield: Schindler (if we were forced to)

Cardiff: Camarasa (if we were forced to)

Fulham: Mawson(talented, young, had injury disrupted season in a defence that's constantly chopped and changed and not protected properly) or sessegnon(but he'll go to someone like Spurs)

Someone suggested Sean Morrison from Cardiff to me yesterday. I quite like Aaron Mooy from Huddersfield but not an area we really need to strengthen in. We should make defence an absolute priority as it's a case of knife through butter so often and perhaps we can pick up someone from German football given Ralph's connections.

I think people forget how young he is, only turns 19 next month.

2 goals and 6 assists from 24 starts for an 18 year old in the PL in a relegated team is actually not bad. Plenty of potential there to work with, has the pace we need, puts in a shift, might be able to sell it to him on the fact he'll get game time, which he probably won't at most of the top 6.

Probably too expensive for us though, would reckon Fulham will want upwards of £30 million.

As for the rest of the relegated teams, not much there impresses me.

Huddersfield are terrible, Fulham have some potentially good players they just never formed a team but most of their better players are mid to late 20s so don't really fit with what Ralph wants.

Cardiff generally bad all over, they are just well organised and drilled, plus very negative.

People saying Mitrovic, but to me he is too much of a liability, 11 PL goals yes, but played almost every game for them, and I feel there is too much of a red card or incident in him.

He should have given away a silly penalty against Cardiff for a silly push in the box at the weekend.

Edited by tajjuk

I think people forget how young he is, only turns 19 next month.

2 goals and 6 assists from 24 starts for an 18 year old in the PL in a relegated team is actually not bad. Plenty of potential there to work with, has the pace we need, puts in a shift, might be able to sell it to him on the fact he'll get game time, which he probably won't at most of the top 6.

Probably too expensive for us though, would reckon Fulham will want upwards of £30 million.

As for the rest of the relegated teams, not much there impresses me.

Huddersfield are terrible, Fulham have some potentially good players they just never formed a team but most of their better players are mid to late 20s so don't really fit with what Ralph wants.

Cardiff generally bad all over, they are just well organised and drilled, plus very negative.

People saying Mitrovic, but to me he is too much of a liability, 11 PL goals yes, but played almost every game for them, and I feel there is too much of a red card or incident in him.

He should have given away a silly penalty against Cardiff for a silly push in the box at the weekend.

Surely same goes for Mitrovic though 11 goals in a relegation team is pretty good last time we had some one score 11 goals in a season was Pelle/Mane. He would certainly give us a different dimension upfront a forward who could actually win some headers would be quite novel. Last few seasons it has felt like opposition CBs have had a pretty easy ride against our light weight forwards.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Christopher Schindler is a class above the rest of the Huddersfield players and would shine in a better team. He was captain of his team in the Bundesliga and would make an ideal replacement for Fonte as the leader of our defence. He's also good at those last ditch interceptions Fonte used to do for us, which stopped so many goals.

Christopher Schindler is a class above the rest of the Huddersfield players and would shine in a better team. He was captain of his team in the Bundesliga and would make an ideal replacement for Fonte as the leader of our defence. He's also good at those last ditch interceptions Fonte used to do for us, which stopped so many goals.

Schindler would certainly be in my list.

Philip Billing - still young, big presence and will fit in with the other danes

Jean Michael Seri - was excellent for Nice and linked to many big clubs before choosing Fulham. Hasnt settled but has bags of potential

Victor Camarasa - chipped in with 5 goals this season in a poor offensive Cardiff team