England to play Euro qualifier at St Mary's in September

The Worm

Think that playing friendlies and the lowest rank qualifier on the road is the way to go.

Think England - Costa Rica at Elland Road had a great atmosphere, the same fixture at Wembley would have been insipid, the FA have seen this and have now recouped enough of the cost of Wembley to hit the road again.

Top level friendlies, Nations League Games and the majority of qualifiers can still be played at Wembley, particularly as we actually seem to have a somewhat decent National side these days.

No preference for Saints STH?

Nope.

There are around 11,000 members of the travel club, but it's probably fair to say that not all of them will take up their allocation - away games haven't tended to be oversubscribed that often in recent years, so going to all the home games hasn't been quite as important as it used to be.

There are then nearly 800,000 "members" of the free England Supporters Club, who get second dibs on tickets. I have no idea if they'll hold any tickets back for general sale, so I would recommend anyone who is intending to try to get tickets for this game does so by registering for the England Supporters Club. You will only be able to get one ticket per registered member.

I would recommend anyone who is intending to try to get tickets for this game does so by registering for the England Supporters Club. You will only be able to get one ticket per registered member.

Cheers for the heads-up Steve. Is it possible to link memberships (so that I can buy two seats together for me and my son, for example)? i.e. as per how the Saints ticket sales database works

Nope.

There are around 11,000 members of the travel club, but it's probably fair to say that not all of them will take up their allocation - away games haven't tended to be oversubscribed that often in recent years, so going to all the home games hasn't been quite as important as it used to be.

There are then nearly 800,000 "members" of the free England Supporters Club, who get second dibs on tickets. I have no idea if they'll hold any tickets back for general sale, so I would recommend anyone who is intending to try to get tickets for this game does so by registering for the England Supporters Club. You will only be able to get one ticket per registered member.

Cheers - have actually been a England Supporters Club member for ages, so will get my pals to sign up to that too.

Is the cunt with the bell still banned from St Mary’s? Can see a few fancying a word if not.

On the last England occasion he was 2 rows in front of me in the Itchen with the bell and a tattooed hag, until the bloke behind him threatened to wrap it around his throat. All good fun.

Cheers for the heads-up Steve. Is it possible to link memberships (so that I can buy two seats together for me and my son, for example)? i.e. as per how the Saints ticket sales database works

Think you can buy up to 4 (for some games at Wembley it's been 8 ) in a single transaction, but you need to assign an individual to a ticket (you'll need their FAN number and date of birth to do so)

Is the cunt with the bell still banned from St Mary’s? Can see a few fancying a word if not.

He'll get police protection, same as last time. Him and his girlfriends were surrounded by a ring of stewards and OB in the concourse after that last England game and later quietly ushered away.

On the last England occasion he was 2 rows in front of me in the Itchen with the bell and a tattooed hag, until the bloke behind him threatened to wrap it around his throat. All good fun.

We were sat a few blocks away in the Itchen and saw the briefly lairy **** tumbling over the seats in front with a size 9 up his 'aris, don't know if the Saints lad got pulled.

He'll get police protection, same as last time. Him and his girlfriends were surrounded by a ring of stewards and OB in the concourse after that last England game and later quietly ushered away.

Not sure he even goes to England games anymore, haven't seen him at Wembley since the Scotland game when Lambert scored with his first touch on his debut - used to be able to guarantee hearing that ****ing bell at every game. He was seething on his stumble back to Wembley Park tube station after that game :lol: :lol: :lol:

Any idea on ticket price?

My guess would be £35, £45 and £55,with a £10 discount on those prices for children and OAPs.

That was simply based on the prices charged for England's game against Switzerland at the King Power in Leicester.

Tickets now on sale to Travel Club members, who get a £5 discount on the normal prices.

Kosovo-Price-Map-2.ashx

Members of the England Supporters Club (the free one - registrations still open) get an exclusive window from Monday lunchtime until Friday, when general sale starts if there are any tickets remaining.

TICKET LINK HERE

Tickets now on sale to Travel Club members, who get a £5 discount on the normal prices.

Members of the England Supporters Club (the free one - registrations still open) get an exclusive window from Monday lunchtime until Friday, when general sale starts if there are any tickets remaining.

TICKET LINK HERE

I'm not a Travel Club member (just the free supporters club) and its just let me buy two tickets.... :suspicious:

ce9z7e7kNK3cvvxHbw1_lizDX3Q0y_xvBjjFen3GkjrszQ3dqSStHCmMIwqQcsJ5ceOGEREJnhk16X9cGPM_p27iBvF01B2sri9Y40UtRKg3q3It4af0ZkPYSQAlwQl5GULhbyDh3rixAY3WpwA8J-jVorIZNiLxcgYwF8tXWEw8CnAuuX_3YxyFg41jA-XJ0Yo79rhVosE-4921Fa8xZUSx3ATLxkKMXvOJ49ROoSX-vfa6ui2oVNZ4llyS0UWpNiVnExntT_TR2rCrAnQW9NjXH0PTTJgZzixfLXleiF6BCeOt7c1S7qdJxiRgh9rZpC3yRggJBLjuQuiOAlBb1kDs8_XPkrHy4db_p-nx-SH476ZCymWCp93KXZ10ocoYAV1RgIEzKSrYm7iiEm94jzW6dq23KHBTofFH6aR9q59bVhBdHcyyAMKLDyLxUvAPQe9EdAjgTPc2aaaqZVekH10q9vr44nvv2IrX1KqouCbQUo3XUyxto9LYdDIF0mENnmyfW5z4cW3y7jMdutB1dw-Bo3J7erT7QXNj_uJ_SjHdb0y4i7_rZgrIjPa-3_UT8E7nUz0dZgru1jb_p-P-9oydD6PXKbibwgi2AVO7OM5ptz8NPEMjdnUQcBjgj7-o4BT7B23HqSAFkVbrNb_Mh_zuscKm0Q6S=w1394-h735-no

Edited by trousers

same for me I'm not a Travel Club member (just the free supporters club) and i managed to get 4 tickets in Northam Block 42 lunchtime on my England Supporter Club number, not sure how this worked, but happy to get tickets sorted out so early

I'm not a Travel Club member (just the free supporters club) and its just let me buy two tickets.... :suspicious:

It is all a bit too easy.

I wasn't even a free supporters club member until I tried to buy tickets. Quickly registered as one (and then as another one in wife's name) and 5 minutes later 2 tickets purchased.

Question for the England regulars - will I now have to take the wife or can anyone use "her" ticket ?

Was on the site working out how to link two supporters club memberships and then just carried on and ordered two tickets. Was expecting to hit a check that I was not a member of the travel club, and didnt. Bizarre.

The site also appears to be selling tickets from the front upwards, so picked one of the smaller corner blocks to avoid this

It is all a bit too easy.

I wasn't even a free supporters club member until I tried to buy tickets. Quickly registered as one (and then as another one in wife's name) and 5 minutes later 2 tickets purchased.

Question for the England regulars - will I now have to take the wife or can anyone use "her" ticket ?

Tickets don't have names on, so you'll be fine.

Interesting, they obviously do their research on the venues so it’s quite surprising they didn’t make Northam the “home” end.

My guess is because block 37/38 might be the Kosovo away end, so best to keep the ‘singers’ on the other side.

Interesting, they obviously do their research on the venues so it’s quite surprising they didn’t make Northam the “home” end.

But, tbf, the Northam is the official 'away' end, the Chapel is really the 'home' (only) end it's just that our 'singers' chose not to use it as that - but then moan that we haven't got a 'kop'.

Many fans inside St Mary's for this England game won't be Saints fans so the Northam doesn't mean anything to them, any more than the rest of the stadium.

• 2 weeks later...

The fact this game sold out so quickly is further evidence of the demand for football in our catchment area, the time to expand St Mary's is now.

The fact that Saints legends Redmond and Ward-Prowse might be in the squad probably helped shift tickets as well.

• 3 months later...

Many from here going to this next week?

Decent bit of PR for the club to host a competitive England fixture, just a shame no current Saints players involved.

Good luck to anyone who draws the short straw and finds themselves sat next to John PFC Westwood.

Yep, will be there. Was initially annoyed at having been moved from Block 46 to Block 15 - though it looks like a benefit now, as I've just realised it's the 'home' end.

I'll be there too and the ticket prices are the cheapest at St Mary's so far this season.

My first ever international game at the Dell involved the country Kosovo was once part of:

England U23 v Yugoslavia U23 2-1, in 1965. Yugoslavia had a winger playing for them, called Dragan Džajić, who remains to this day one of the best footballers I ever saw play.

I'll be there too and the ticket prices are the cheapest at St Mary's so far this season.

My first ever international game at the Dell involved the country Kosovo was once part of:

England U23 v Yugoslavia U23 2-1, in 1965. Yugoslavia had a winger playing for them, called Dragan Džajić, who remains to this day one of the best footballers I ever saw play.

Mine too. First full international was England v USSR at Wembley in 67, 2 - 2 draw. Another winger ran that show, Igor Chislenko.

If anybody was still looking for tickets, the FA have released just over 100 Category 1 tickets (Kingsland blocks 29, 30 and 32, and Itchen block 9, priced £55) on their ticket portal: https://ticketing.thefa.com

Thank you very much for the heads up Steve just got 3 tickets and a chance of being on the Tellybox too - so I had best get my face paints ready, foam hand out the loft, and have a rummage down the side of the sofa for a bit of loose change to buy a half and half scarf with...................oh and paint a big cardboard arrow John Boy Saint so everyone on here can spot me and rip the whatsit out of me :D

Kosovo beat Czech Republic 2-1 and currently top the group, England should go above them later but fair play they look like a good side. I had thought this was a bit of a mickey mouse fixture to have at St Mary's but this actually could be an interesting game.