Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: West Ham 3-0 Saints reactions

Default West Ham 3-0 Saints reactions

I think it's safe to say that certain players have blown their last chance.

There are four players from our team today that I never want to see play for us again.

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Classic View Post

There are four players from our team today that I never want to see play for us again.
    Forster, Stephens, Elyounoussi.

Who's the 4th? Armstrong?

Fraser. Why, why, why, pick him???? I hope they refund all travelling fans for that one decision alone. Disgrace

Quote Originally Posted by Saints foreva View Post
    Absolute waste of money.

Relegation battle next season with our useless **** owner.

Left when the third went in. Completely pointless

West Ham didn't really have to break into a sweat. Can't think of one Saints player that can come out of that with their held held high. Shocking in all areas.

Would that be Forster, Stephens, Elyonnoussi and Armstrong by any chance. Decent first 20 minutes of second half, outside of that pathetic performance. Defence is a shambles at times

Quote Originally Posted by Sheaf Saint View Post
    Forster, Stephens, Elyounoussi.

Who's the 4th? Armstrong?
    Long and Armstrong would be my 4th and 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheaf Saint View Post
    Ever since Stephens came back into the starting lineup.

Coincidence?
    No

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by St Marco View Post
    First half Forster did really well imo. Made some decent saves and was probably our best player.
    Second half though he made some really bad mistakes including the goal. When it was 1-0 we were in the game and were creating chances. That error made it 2-0 and pretty much killed the game.
    I don't think it is right to blame Forster for the loss but his mistakes as with others are the reason we lost. Our defending has been so bad recently.
    This will be the 4th game in 6 where we have let in 3 goals. That is awful.
    He was never close to being our best player - made two regulation saves and punched a cross away when he should have caught it. Second half, an embarrassing liability; just don't understand why Forster started today. Shop window? No sale!

Great stuff, that.

Feel for the fans that went.

Pretty appalling. Lack of desire to get points is really sickening. Feel sorry for anyone who paid money for that rubbish showing.

Forster still refuses to catch the ball far too often, giving them second goal.
    Long looking for a penalty rather 5han shooting illustrates why we need a striker.
    Elyounessi, embarrassing that he was given another 90 minutes to illustrate just how crap he is.
    Stephens, should be doing a lot better for the third.

It WAS Armstrong but considered his price tag etc, I'm prepared to give him another season. The other is Long.

Quote Originally Posted by LGTL View Post
    Long and Armstrong would be my 4th and 5th.
    Sadly at the moment Long offers more than Ings but we are stuck with him...

15. Default

It's illegal to show actual footage of the game

Go on then - Forster, Moi, Stephens, ..........................................

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by macca155 View Post
    It's illegal to show actual footage of the game
    In general, or just because our performance was 18 certificate sh1te?

This game was a showcase on why Ross Wilson shouldn’t be anywhere near this club.

Ely, Lemina, Ings, Armstrong. I have no confidence in next season as he will kill us.

19. Default

Safe to say we were on the beach for that one.

The fringe players that were given a chance certainly haven't taken it.

Saints just don't do friendlies. Never have.

I know. Technically it wasn't a friendly but if we had still needed points to be safe then this would not have been the result. IMHO

Glad I decided to go out get some dirt from down the Garden Centre to at long last plant on my Bourgainvillea.

Skimming through doesn’t look like I missed much.

RH must take some blame. I don't believe managers put a terrible side out to prove a point. He just put out a terrible side.
    There are enough people at the club who could tell him why they are fringe players. They aren't good enough to get in a poor side.
    Unless there are big changes we'll be back here again next year fighting the drop.

It showed today that we can not coast through games, it's full Ralph or nothing for us.

Forster needs to be paid of I'm afraid. Terrible palm down for the 2nd goal and showing the reflexes of an Ent for the 3rd.

Like most, I would be happy not to see Ely, Forster and Stephens again, possibly Armstrong and Long too. WTF was Long thinking when he took that extra touch at 1 0 !

we have zero squad depth and a handful of players on very good money who have no place in the premier league.

throw in Ings into that. Woeful again today

Long showed why he'll never be good enough - first touch for his chance was just so poor.

Hope him, Stephens and FF are gone next season (along with Ely who has surely proven himself deadwood already).

Players we can build an exciting team around:
    Gunn, Yoshida, Bednarek, Vest, Valery, Bertrand, Romeu, Hoj, JWP, Lemina, Redmond, Sims, Long (I think), Armstrong (maybe... has been promising on occasion). Targett is reasonable backup wing-back. The rest I wouldn't miss if they left. Suspect Ralph feels the same. The Minimum needs: a lethal striker, a genuinely reliable centre-back.

Quote Originally Posted by redkeith View Post
    WTF was Long thinking when he took that extra touch at 1 0 !
    He was thinking he could knock it past the defender who would then clatter into him and win a pen, when he could have had a shot on goal from 10 yards out. Horrible decision.

we have zero squad depth and a handful of players on very good money who have no place in the premier league.

Quote Originally Posted by verlaine1979 View Post
    Long showed why he'll never be good enough - first touch for his chance was just so poor.

Hope him, Stephens and FF are gone next season (along with Ely who has surely proven himself deadwood already).
    True but at least he gets in goal scoring positions unlike Ings who did nothing at all

Not going to happen, obviously, but I'd be more than happy if we had a mass clear out in the summer - we've got so many horribly mediocre players and those past their prime and in terminal decline it's beyond parody.

From today's line up, it'd be no loss at all if Forster, Stephens, Armstrong, Elyounoussi, Ings and Long weren't Saints players next season. Throw in Austin, Hoedt, Cedric, Carrillo, Clasie, Boufal and probably call time on Academy graduates who just aren't quite good enough: McQueen, Reed, Hesketh, Gallagher, Targett, Jones.

Push the reset button and start again. The Les Reed era is over and the sooner we can rid ourselves of all of his accumulated crap, the sooner we can move forward.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post

Hence why we will struggle to get rid of them in the summer, it’s going to be a tough window

That was by far our worst performance under Ralph. Forster started ok but f*ck me did he revert to type in the game.

Forster, Stephens and Mo can all leave. I never want to see any of them play for us again. They are absolute turd.

On a lighter note,did anyone have any insurance bets?
    Or is that just made up crap?

Quote Originally Posted by ALWAYS_SFC View Post
    True but at least he gets in goal scoring positions unlike Ings who did nothing at all
    That's the real criminal thing.... Who agreed to the deal to pay 20 million for ings!!??? He is worth about five million tops

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Yet again a substandard team makes a mediocre team look good. As soon as I saw the team sheet I thought "Oh!s.h.i.t" FF and JS plus Ellenousie. Who wants a few pieces of surplus to requirement 'pretenders' for free.Ralph knows who to dump now if he didn't before this Charade.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr X View Post
    That's the real criminal thing.... Who agreed to the deal to pay 20 million for ings!!??? He is worth about five million tops

he used to be quite rapid when he was at Burnley, now looks like he is having a Rooney-esque fade in the sense that he's lost pace and is dropping deeper to mask it.
    If I didn't no what his price tag was I'd have said fine to keep as a squad player, but 20m just seems like that is a third of our budget gone already

Quote Originally Posted by Mr X View Post

In the first third of the season he looked sharp and I thought maybe he might be the signing we wanted him to be. Since his return from injury he hasn't been quite the same but still contributes far more than Austin is capable of.

I wonder how much of his drop in performance is down to the impact of Hughes' incredibly slack training regime. Wasn't he unofficially quoted as saying it was like a holiday camp compared to Liverpool?

Quote Originally Posted by nta786 View Post
    he used to be quite rapid when he was at Burnley, now looks like he is having a Rooney-esque fade in the sense that he's lost pace and is dropping deeper to mask it.
    If I didn't no what his price tag was I'd have said fine to keep as a squad player, but 20m just seems like that is a third of our budget gone already
    He is already ours. Thank Ross for this one, as per. More millions down the ****er, he looks ****ed.

Three goals conceded, again. It was cold. The atmosphere was meh. Shane not even getting a shot away was appalling. Mo was Mo. And please don’t sell Gunn or McCarthy.

Quote Originally Posted by ALWAYS_SFC View Post
    On a lighter note,did anyone have any insurance bets?
    This bit is true 》》》 Or is that just made up crap?
    HTH.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I think FF makes average saves look hard.

Quote Originally Posted by davefoggy View Post
    Fraser. Why, why, why, pick him???? I hope they refund all travelling fans for that one decision alone. Disgrace
    80 for me and the 2 kids. It's a joke that West Ham charge 25 for concessions.

Waste of what should be a decent away. Last game is supposed to be somewhat fun, that was anything but.

Hopefully it's Ralph illustrating to the board that staying up was just the start of the job not job done. Squad needs proper surgery to weed out the real dross we've had in the squad over the past 3 years. Sadly, what we'll get is partial reconstruction hampered by players being loaned out as we can't find new clubs for them, I fear.

44. Default

Earliest I have ever left a game. Ralph has done an amazing job with this collection of dross but we now need to be ruthless.

Elyounoussi had possibly his best ever game for us today (a backheel found the intended target at one point!) and he was still hopelessly out of his depth. Another player we are going to have to ship out on loan for the rest of his contract just to get a percentage of his wages off the books.

Quote Originally Posted by stknowle View Post
    Elyounoussi had possibly his best ever game for us today (a backheel found the intended target at one point!) and he was still hopelessly out of his depth. Another player we are going to have to ship out on loan for the rest of his contract just to get a percentage of his wages off the books.
    He is pathetic, one of our worst signings since promotion and that’s saying a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Katalinic View Post
    Earliest I have ever left a game. Ralph has done an amazing job with this collection of dross but we now need to be ruthless.
    Players to go

Hoedt
    El Younissi
    Stephens
    Gallagher
    Boufal
    Carillo
    Flannigan
    Hesketh
    Clasie
    Foster
    Austin

Possibly to go
    Mccarthy (will want first team)
    Reed
    Armstrong
    Lemina ( seems to think he is a higher class player)
    Long ( has the work ethic Ralph wants)
    Targett

That is 17 players some clear out!

48. Default

At Waterloo Station.
    That was a waste of an afternoon.
    We could have told Ralph how Forster
    and Ely would play.
    Why weaken a weakened team ?

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Without a Halo View Post
    Players to go

Hoedt
    El Younissi
    Stephens
    Gallagher
    Boufal
    Carillo
    Flannigan
    Hesketh
    Clasie
    Foster
    Austin

Possibly to go
    Mccarthy (will want first team)
    Reed
    Armstrong
    Lemina ( seems to think he is a higher class player)
    Long ( has the work ethic Ralph wants)
    Targett

That is 17 players some clear out!
    we are never moving on 17 players....maybe 7 or so but be amazed if we get into double figures from the 1st team squad

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkSaint View Post
    Players we can build an exciting team around:
    Gunn, Yoshida, Bednarek, Vest, Valery, Bertrand, Romeu, Hoj, JWP, Lemina, Redmond, Sims, Long (I think), Armstrong (maybe... has been promising on occasion). Targett is reasonable backup wing-back. The rest I wouldn't miss if they left. Suspect Ralph feels the same. The Minimum needs: a lethal striker, a genuinely reliable centre-back.
    Not sure about that list, Armstrong clearly a no as is Bednarek. Both do not live up to the hype they have generated.