Saints vs Huddersfield - Build Up

Lighthouse

We’re nearly there, only one more of these to sit through before we can go and watch cricket or F1 for 3 months.

Assuming no changes in injuries, I’d probably try something like:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - Gunn

- - - - - Stephens - Bednarek - Bertrand

Valery - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Vokins

- - - - - - - - Lemina - - - Hojbjerg

- - - - - JWP - - - - - - - - - - - - - Redmond

- - - - - - - - - - - - - Ings

We’re nearly there, only one more of these to sit through before we can go and watch cricket or F1 for 3 months.

yes! I cannot wait for the Cricket World Cup next month!

Anyway, Huddersfield town- going to predict a 2-1 win- Redmond and Ings- but we won't keep a clean sheet.

Looks like Huddersfield just coming into a bit of form

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

pushing it suggesting that. Their goal was a gift.

United should be out of sight given the easy chances they have fluffed

pushing it suggesting that. Their goal was a gift.

United should be out of sight given the easy chances they have fluffed

I'll accept beating Manure isn't exactly a challenge the way they are

Don't understand Ralph's thinking behind the line-up for the West Ham game and the 'exhausted after staying up' excuse was a weak attempt to protect the players. Forster, Stephens and Moi starting was a huge mistake if we were serious about taking points from that game. If it was a shop-window thing it back-fired badly. With Brighton's unlikely point against Arsenal (that also screws up the Burnley-Arsenal game next weekend now Arsenal have no 4th place to play for) he will put everything into a convincing win against Huddersfield.

Send the fans home happy with a dominant home display and a 4-0 win for the first time this season. Major re-work in the summer around Redmond, Hoj, Lemina, Romeu, JWP, Bednarek

Jesus - if we're playing five at the back and a couple of holding midfielders at home to the second worst team in Premier League history in a match of no consequence, we really are in trouble.

Gunn; Valery, Bednarek, Yoshida, Bertrand; Hojbjerg, Lemina, Ward-Prowse; Redmond, Sims; One of our phalanx of incredible strikers.

Give a bench look in to Ramsey, Vokins, Johnson, Slattery and O'Connor.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Jesus - if we're playing five at the back and a couple of holding midfielders at home to the second worst team in Premier League history in a match of no consequence, we really are in trouble.

Gunn; Valery, Bednarek, Yoshida, Bertrand; Hojbjerg, Lemina, Ward-Prowse; Redmond, Sims; One of our phalanx of incredible strikers.

Learned a new word today. Cheers!

bollix 3/5 at the back has been our best formation under Ralph and we've scored plenty of goals playing like that to. It's a formation that works well with the players we have and gets results. Given the lack of investment likely this summer with most likely only a couple of new faces in I expect we will play with 3/5 at the back again next season.

Lots of youngsters being suggested here for starts or bench but with the play off final I doubt we'll see many of them appear.

According to someone on another thread, Gallagher was due to start at West Ham but got a knock in training. If fit I'd expect him to feature, along with sims. Defence obviously depends on Maya coming back. Don't want to see Stephens again, but couldn't have bednarek and Bertrand as a back two so if Maya is out it will mean Stephens. In which case I'd like a back three.

Gunn back in goal please, Targett to play, lemina also but ideally further up the field as per Newcastle game. and obviously I hope we seriously go for it. Poor opposition, poor season for us, so a comprehensive win as a send off would be very much appreciated.

I read that Gallagher has ankle ligament damage, so get won't be fit. Also a rumour that Yoshida has had pneumonia, in which case he shouldn't be risked.

Maybe give Jones/Ramsey a game, depending on when the U23 final is.

Would like to see Alfie Jones or Klarer play.

Not the same anymore, I remember when the last home game of the season use to be the first preview of next seasons kit and the inclusion of an academy grad.

Why view it as 5 at the back? Hasenhuttl even calls it 343. If does not need to be defensive, Saints have been on the front foot throughout games using it.

We do have a tendency to be really crap against teams crapper than us - Cardiff doing the double over us for example.

However, Huddersfield are truly one of the worst Premier League teams for a good few years and I will be disappointed if we do not get a comfortable win here.

We do have a tendency to be really crap against teams crapper than us - Cardiff doing the double over us for example.

However, Huddersfield are truly one of the worst Premier League teams for a good few years and I will be disappointed if we do not get a comfortable win here.

And yet they survived last seson in the PL, finishing above us if I recall correctly.

And yet they survived last seson in the PL, finishing above us if I recall correctly.

They finished above us by about 5 seconds and without riding the crest of the promotion wave in the first two months, they’d have gone down. They’ve been terrible since about October in their first season.

Assuming no changes in injuries, I’d probably try something like:

- - - - - Stephens - Bednarek - Bertrand

Valery - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Vokins

- - - - - - - - Lemina - - - Hojbjerg

Hang on. No time for deck chairs. This is a must win game. If we lose and Brighton win, we'll be bottom of the non-relegated teams. The shame of that.

- - - - - Yoshida - Bednarek - Bertrand

Valery - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Targett

- - - - - - - - Romeu- - - Hojbjerg

- - - - - Yoshida - Bednarek - Bertrand

Valery - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Targett

- - - - - - - - Romeu- - - Hojbjerg

This. Or Lemina for Romeu.

This. Or Lemina for Romeu.

Agree, though I'd actually swap JWP and lemina over, have lemina further up the pitch. Obviously if Maya is still out I guess it will be one final outing for Stephens ... Oh well.

Sims to come off the bench at some point, would have loved to see another academy prospect or 2 but doubt it's possible with the villa game in mind.

Yoshi has got pneumonia, so he wont be playing.

Or Leminaonia, as cry-off mystery bugs should be reported. arf. I hope we go balls out for the win, aiming to smash them by 5. Please keep Forster no-where near a playing field. And Stephens if possible. And Mo.

Gunn

Bednarek

Jones

Bertrand

Valery

Lemina

Romeu

Targett

JWP

Redmond

Long

subs: McCarthy, Ramsay, Vokins, Hojbjerg, Armstrong, Ings, Austin.

Forster, Stephens and Moi blasted into space in a rocket. Hojbjerg given a break to see how Romeu and Lemina get on together. Long over Ings only over recent form.

Must win really as 15th is on offer with the extra dosh that comes with it. (Helps pay off some of the wages.)

Agree, though I'd actually swap JWP and lemina over, have lemina further up the pitch. Obviously if Maya is still out I guess it will be one final outing for Stephens ... Oh well.

Sims to come off the bench at some point, would have loved to see another academy prospect or 2 but doubt it's possible with the villa game in mind.

Is Sims fit? Don't think he was even on the bench on Saturday.

Lots of youngsters being suggested here for starts or bench but with the play off final I doubt we'll see many of them appear.

According to someone on another thread, Gallagher was due to start at West Ham but got a knock in training. If fit I'd expect him to feature, along with sims. Defence obviously depends on Maya coming back. Don't want to see Stephens again, but couldn't have bednarek and Bertrand as a back two so if Maya is out it will mean Stephens. In which case I'd like a back three.

Gunn back in goal please, Targett to play, lemina also but ideally further up the field as per Newcastle game. and obviously I hope we seriously go for it. Poor opposition, poor season for us, so a comprehensive win as a send off would be very much appreciated.

For Gallagher see Forster, Ele and Stephens - what’s the point?

Would like to see Alfie Jones or Klarer play.

Not the same anymore, I remember when the last home game of the season use to be the first preview of next seasons kit and the inclusion of an academy grad.

There's already been 5 academy grad debuts this season when they're ready / needed, would much rather that then just a token appearance last game of the season just for the sake of it. Ralph's shown he'll reward players for doing well at u23 level, but those lads should be focused on winning promotion in the play off final at St Mary's Thursday night.

Still loads of tickets left for this due to Huddersfield sending most of their allocation back, apparently Saints were selling cheap ones at Solent uni yesterday trying to boost the numbers.

Still loads of tickets left for this due to Huddersfield sending most of their allocation back, apparently Saints were selling cheap ones at Solent uni yesterday trying to boost the numbers.

'Home' areas of the stadium just about sold out other than a few single seats but looks like they're struggling to shift the 2 away blocks sent back. Will be the smallest away support this season, they've still got their smaller allocation on General sale. I'm surprised, thought they'd have got a big send-off but their die-hards will still provide good vocal support, been excellent, mostly at home, since coming up.

Scrape a 1-0 win and all will be forgiven, usual farewell waves from players only for most to return next year. Surely 'though Plymouth Argyle can afford Stephens, he'd loved to go home to end his career and should do well in League 2

With the long term contract and attractive wages uncle Les Reed saddled us with there is no chance of another premier club being ablet o afford him short of the top six assuming they want to.

Never mind Plymouth!

Herin lies the main problem Ralph has inherited a clubthat wants to be financially self sufficient that carries a bloated squad of moderate to poor players most on lengthy contracts and top 10 premier club wages.

A drain on resources and finances for two to three years however you look at it.

It was Les’s greed to avoid losing out on big transfer fees for hidden gems coupled with a belief our recruitment and black box were never wrong that has led to this sad situation.