Ten years ago

Tamesaint

Ten years ago today I remember being at the City Ground watching us finish our Championship season under Poorteveilt/ Wotte. Not only were we relegated but our financial position was dire. I remember the Forest fans sympathizing with our financial plight but boy did things look bad.

Fast forward to today and it is Bolton who are playing Forest at the City Ground. They are being relegated and their financial future looks dire. It is strange how history repeats itself.

There for the grace of God ....

Edited by Tamesaint

Remember that well, singing, “that’s why we’re going down!” As we threw away a narrow lead to lose in the last 5 minutes. Thankfully those days are behind us and such sloppiness and mental fragility is now unheard of. Also remember Killer booting all the training balls into the crowd after the warm up.

There was actually a weirdly cheerful atmosphere at the game. Decent weather and most people seemed genuinely excited to be going on a League 1 tour. The Forrest fans were pretty good too. Spoke to a few after, they wished us good luck and said it was a shame to see a club like ours in such a sorry state.

Ten years ago today I remember being at the City Ground watching us finish our Championship season under Poorteveilt/ Wotte. Not only were we relegated but our financial position was dire. I remember the Forest fans sympathizing with our financial plight but boy did things look bad.

Fast forward to today and it is Bolton who are playing Forest at the City Ground. They are being relegated and their financial future looks dire. It is strange how history repeats itself.

There for the grace of God ....

Also, coincidentally, ten years before we did the same, Bolton had 4 consecutive top 8 finishes in the Premier League followed by a few seasons of relegation struggle.

Remember that well, singing, “that’s why we’re going down!” As we threw away a narrow lead to lose in the last 5 minutes. Thankfully those days are behind us and such sloppiness and mental fragility is now unheard of. Also remember Killer booting all the training balls into the crowd after the warm up.

There was actually a weirdly cheerful atmosphere at the game. Decent weather and most people seemed genuinely excited to be going on a League 1 tour. The Forrest fans were pretty good too. Spoke to a few after, they wished us good luck and said it was a shame to see a club like ours in such a sorry state.

At the time we had gone into administration and I remember Forest fans applauding the banners which said that our club wouldnt die despite the financal position. Forest fans are good lads.

I also remember the most popular song being the "Swing Lowe" song. Lol!!