2019 Player Awards

SuperSAINT

Academy Player - Will Ferry

President's Award - James Ward-Prowse

Goal Of The Season - Yan Valery (vs Utd)

Players Player - Nathan Redmond

Fans Player - Nathan Redmond

First Team Young Player - Yan Valery

All fairly predictable!

Academy Player - Will Ferry

President's Award - James Ward-Prowse

Goal Of The Season - Yan Valery (vs Utd)

Players Player - Nathan Redmond

Fans Player - Nathan Redmond

First Team Young Player - Yan Valery

All fairly predictable!

Not according to Mosin :lol:

From watching a couple of bits I sensed some players felt a bit uneasy at adulation considering overall its been a poor season again.

Ralph said he wants fans to show more appreciation of the team at the end of games rather than rushing off early.

Also appeared that Redmond saw the irony in being voted PoTS by some of the same wally fans who gave him over the top stick last season - he certainly wasnt gushing about how much it meant to him and instead thanked his team mates.

From watching a couple of bits I sensed some players felt a bit uneasy at adulation considering overall its been a poor season again.

Ralph said he wants fans to show more appreciation of the team at the end of games rather than rushing off early.

Also appeared that Redmond saw the irony in being voted PoTS by some of the same wally fans who gave him over the top stick last season - he certainly wasnt gushing about how much it meant to him and instead thanked his team mates.

I agree. Maybe it was just me but the whole occasion felt a bit `awkward.` As for Redmond he was very `quiet` - maybe he`s just naturally reticent - but it did cross my mind that he might be off somewhere - reminded me of Lallana`s response to all the awards he received that night all those years ago now. Not the most uplifting occasion I`ve witnessed.

In the ultimate twist, maybe Redmond IS Mosin

These things are always awkward when you've had a ****e season. The last two seasons there has been very little to celebrate this season was better than last but still pretty Meh overall. Winning an award, in a season like this one, is usually a sign you where the least crap of a lot of crap rather than you where particularly good. Still I'm hoping for a good player clear out this summer, a couple of good signings that actually improve us (for a change), maybe a couple of the youngsters stepping up next season and Ralph doing a much better job than the last couple of managers. It does feel like next season will be better than the last couple even if its not an outstanding season.

Redmond certainly didnt appear overjoyed with everything, but could just be his personality, and he probably also thinks he could've easily had double figures this season and regularly getting into the England squad. Fingers crossed neither him or Ward-Prowse are off and we can build a good team around them - think we're ok in midfield, just need another good attacker / striker and some defensive reinforcements and think we'll do alright next year.

Redmond certainly didnt appear overjoyed with everything, but could just be his personality, and he probably also thinks he could've easily had double figures this season and regularly getting into the England squad. Fingers crossed neither him or Ward-Prowse are off and we can build a good team around them - think we're ok in midfield, just need another good attacker / striker and some defensive reinforcements and think we'll do alright next year.

I've not seen you post before but you must be the only one with fingers crossed that Ward Prowse doesn't leave. Where have you been these past few years?

Who would want him and which other PL team would give him game time. Many of us would give him away just to put us out of our misery.

Im delighted that Nathan has received the players and fans award.

Perhaps some can go back on the Nathan threads and perhaps see what nonsense they spouted about him. I will accept apologies from those who scoffed at me saying that he was a top player in the making.

Not according to Mosin :lol:

But according to the stats..... :lol:

Weird that his teammates so see him day in day out can’t see that he’s sh!te with no end product, like opta can.

Glad Redmond has been rewarded for the hard work he put in over last Summer to come back from probably his lowest ever point as a footballer.

Still a long way to go, but more of the same next season wouldn’t go a miss.

I agree. Maybe it was just me but the whole occasion felt a bit `awkward.` As for Redmond he was very `quiet` - maybe he`s just naturally reticent - but it did cross my mind that he might be off somewhere - reminded me of Lallana`s response to all the awards he received that night all those years ago now. Not the most uplifting occasion I`ve witnessed.

maybe Pep's admiration was genuine and he has decided to buy him as cover for Sterling. I always thought he was a very similar type of player and City always need to add homegrown players to their squad...