Last nights open training session at St Marys

spyinthesky

Great opportunity for (many) youngsters to meet the players after the end of the hours training session

To my mind there wasnt a great deal to interest young fans on the pitch and it would have been good to have some idea exactly what was going on as there were a number of small goals that the players were trying to score into with high tempo passing and movement.

Meanwhile Gunn, Forster and two of the younger keepers were being put through their routines separately.

Charlie Austin has a new hair colour (seems to be cream!!) and Mo Elonouyssi seems as limited in practice as he is in a proper game

Not sure how much it costs the club in the training dept but there seemed to be about a dozen track suited people either involved or observing the session.

The pitch looked in absolutely superb condition bit soon to be threatened by the Take That and Rod Stewart concerts!!

We were sat front right and the three suited gentlemen there, with the camera, were from SNN doing a short piece.

The pitch gets relaid every summer anyway. I’m hoping they stick some of the turf in the car park again because I’ve been landscaping the bottom of my garden and the grass seed I’ve bought seems a bit useless.

Austin seems to be channeling his inner Aguero, let’s see if it pays off for him.

We were sat front right and the three suited gentlemen there, with the camera, were from SNN doing a short piece.

The pitch gets relaid every summer anyway. I’m hoping they stick some of the turf in the car park again because I’ve been landscaping the bottom of my garden and the grass seed I’ve bought seems a bit useless.

Austin seems to be channeling his inner Aguero, let’s see if it pays off for him.

I thought Charlie Austin's attitude was spot on. He seemed a good guy to have about the place.

Great opportunity for (many) youngsters to meet the players after the end of the hours training session

To my mind there wasnt a great deal to interest young fans on the pitch and it would have been good to have some idea exactly what was going on as there were a number of small goals that the players were trying to score into with high tempo passing and movement.

Meanwhile Gunn, Forster and two of the younger keepers were being put through their routines separately.

Charlie Austin has a new hair colour (seems to be cream!!) and Mo Elonouyssi seems as limited in practice as he is in a proper game

Not sure how much it costs the club in the training dept but there seemed to be about a dozen track suited people either involved or observing the session.

The pitch looked in absolutely superb condition bit soon to be threatened by the Take That and Rod Stewart concerts!!

It makes you wonder why anyone would buy Elyounoussi after watching him play. It appears that Ross is no more astute at spotting good players than the average man in the street, In fact, he may be worse. Hopefully, Ralph will choose the transfer targets in the summer.