Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 150 of 542

Thread: Charlie Austin - Sold to West Brom - 4M

  1. #101

    Default

    Erm, who gives a ****, seriously? The weathers nice, get out and have some fun in it rather than having a go at some bloke who plays football for a team he doesn't support.

  2. #102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable Jeff View Post
    Erm, who gives a ****, seriously? The weathers nice, get out and have some fun in it rather than having a go at some bloke who plays football for a team he doesn't support.
    Good post, Jeff. The endless bitterness on here about players and managers who are leaving or who have already left for pastures new just like players and managers do at every club and always have done is getting mind numbingly boring.

  3. #103

    Default

    People will be very upset when they work out 99.9% of our players donít support saints.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable Jeff View Post
    Erm, who gives a ****, seriously? The weathers nice, get out and have some fun in it rather than having a go at some bloke who plays football for a team he doesn't support.


    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  5. #105

    Default

    As long as they give their all for us at game time, they can wear any shirt they want in their own time!

  6. Default

    Throwaway comment in the Djenepo article in The Sun linking Austin with Aston Villa.

    Source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...tandard-liege/
    Last edited by SuperSAINT; 06-06-2019 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Link added

  7. #107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Throwaway comment in the Djenepo article in The Sun linking Austin with Aston Villa.

    Source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...tandard-liege/
    Hopefully materialises but surely any PL team would be mad to take Austin?

  8. #108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusic View Post
    Hopefully materialises but surely any PL team would be mad to take Austin?
    Villa have just signed Jota from Birmingham, so maybe their sights aren't really set too high for next season.

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusic View Post
    Hopefully materialises but surely any PL team would be mad to take Austin?
    In the same way we did?

  10. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusic View Post
    Hopefully materialises but surely any PL team would be mad to take Austin?
    I think the idea of signing him makes sense for a promoted club... but not if they've scouted him.

  11. Default


  12. Default

    SSN linking Sheff Utd...

    SHEFF UTD WANT AUSTIN

    Sheffield United have enquired about the availability of Charlie Austin, according to Sky sources.

    Southampton would accept an offer in the region of £10m.

    The 29-year-old scored twice for Southampton in 20 appearances in the Premier League last season.
    Iíd be surprised at that fee and his wages.
    Last edited by SuperSAINT; 27-06-2019 at 03:01 PM.

  13. #113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    SSN linking Sheff Utd...



    I’d be surprised at that fee and his wages.
    £10m?! Christ alive.

  14. #114

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    It's grim oop north
    Posts
    7,454

    Default

    £10m? I would drive him there myself for that much money.

    But then, I only live 2 minutes away from Bramall Lane

  15. #115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheaf Saint View Post
    £10m? I would drive him there myself for that much money.

    But then, I only live 2 minutes away from Bramall Lane
    Why? Is he injured again and not fit enough to walk?

  16. #116

    Default

    10 million..... Football wtf happened haha

  17. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ErwinK1961 View Post
    £10m?! Christ alive.
    Sky Sources (when they haven’t copied somebody else) are iffy at best.

  18. #118

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hidden behind enemy lines
    Posts
    11,172

    Default

    Okay shhhhhhh! Nobody tell them.

  19. #119

    Default

    £10m would be utter madness. I would take £5m and gettig his wages off the books.

    Would be quite Saints to ask baulk at more than £14m for Adams and ask for £10m for Austin...

  20. #120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusic View Post
    Would be quite Saints to ask baulk at more than £14m for Adams and ask for £10m for Austin...
    I thought we were all arguing we overpay and undersell? In this case though I agree with you.

  21. #121

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    CHELSEA
    Posts
    1,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ErwinK1961 View Post
    £10m?! Christ alive.
    Why not, he’s a proven goal scorer under 30 years of age......

  22. #122

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    CHELSEA
    Posts
    1,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suewhistle View Post
    I thought we were all arguing we overpay and undersell? In this case though I agree with you.
    This......

  23. #123

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    18,990
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    For that sum, I’d carry the fat f**k up there in a sedan chair myself.

  24. #124

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hidden behind enemy lines
    Posts
    11,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SW5 SAINT View Post
    Why not, he’s a proven goal scorer under 30 years of age......
    2 League goals last season and one of those was on an empty pitch when Spurs were already halfway down the tunnel.

  25. #125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    For that sum, I’d carry the fat f**k up there in a sedan chair myself.
    You shouldn't have problems getting anybody for the other end of the sedan chair.

  26. #126

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    312
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Aaand as if by magic he's gone down to evens to join them. Sky sports news/Sky bet win again. 10m clealry just a figure plucked out if nowhere seconds before the article is posted.

  27. #127

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    18,990
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suewhistle View Post
    You shouldn't have problems getting anybody for the other end of the sedan chair.

  28. Default

    If he goes, the price paid also gets PL experience off the pitch, not just on it.

  29. #129

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    hiding in shadows where I don't belong
    Posts
    31,093

    Default

    Perhaps they're looking to boot Billy Sharp, just like we did eh..

  30. Default

    £10m is a daft price, but then it's only a first counter offer, same as going in low for a buy. I'm sure if £5m came in with the majority of his wages paid, I'd think they'd accept.

  31. Default

    Why would we pay any of his wages if he went to another PL team?????????????????????????

  32. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angelman View Post
    Why would we pay any of his wages if he went to another PL team?????????????????????????
    Because Sheffield Utd won't pay his £70k-ish a week? Nor would any club who would realistically be interested.

    Quite likely we'll end up paying a chunk for the rest of his Saints contract IE next summer. I'd really wouldn't be surprised as it's just a year left on his deal, we either loan him out with full wages paid by the other club, OR it's a permanent on say £5-6m with a contribution towards his wages.

  33. #133

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,548
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SW5 SAINT View Post
    Why not, he’s a proven goal scorer under 30 years of age......
    He won't be next week. The fact that he is permanently crocked and can't run is more pertinent than a random birth event.

  34. #134

    Default

    If we got £10 million for him that would be a fantastic con.....I mean bit of business!

  35. #135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VectisSaint View Post
    He won't be next week. The fact that he is permanently crocked and can't run is more pertinent than a random birth event.
    Austin is injured less than Ings.
    Ings is 27 and ended injured for 2 years at Liverpool, hardly played and we paid fricking 20m for him.

    On that basis, Austin is worth 10m

  36. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fabrice29 View Post
    Aaand as if by magic he's gone down to evens to join them. Sky sports news/Sky bet win again. 10m clealry just a figure plucked out if nowhere seconds before the article is posted.
    Probably this.

    Reminds me of their “Paul Hart to become next Southampton manager” story from a few years ago.

  37. Default

    * Double-post

  38. Default

    £10m for Tadic
    £10m for Austin

    Whose setting prices at SFC

  39. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheaf Saint View Post
    ..But then, I only live 2 minutes away from Bramall Lane
    All round to yours then on 14th September

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  40. #140

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Amesbury
    Posts
    13,674

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    £10m for Tadic
    £10m for Austin

    Whose setting prices at SFC
    Les Reed

  41. #141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    £10m for Tadic
    £10m for Austin

    Whose setting prices at SFC
    Les Reed for the first.
    Ralph and Ross for the second ;-)

  42. #142

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    It's grim oop north
    Posts
    7,454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by macca155 View Post
    All round to yours then on 14th September

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Gonna be very strange seeing my local pub full of Saints fans!

  43. #143

    Default

    Bournemouth got £6m for Lewis Grabban from a Championship club. He's older than Austin and never scored a goal for Bournemouth. Probably on a lower wage though.

  44. #144

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South of the middle of Mid Devon
    Posts
    641

    Default

    In English football, £10 million in 2019 is roughly the equivalent of £1.5 million about 20 years ago.

    You may baulk at the fee but it's probably about right for a player like Austin.

    Think along the lines of John Beresford, David Hirst etc. when they joined us.

  45. #145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HarvSFC View Post
    Bournemouth got £6m for Lewis Grabban from a Championship club. He's older than Austin and never scored a goal for Bournemouth. Probably on a lower wage though.
    last point is key. Complete cost over course of the contract is what really matters to the finance bods.

  46. #146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    £10m for Tadic
    £10m for Austin

    Whose setting prices at SFC
    someone with OCD?

  47. #147

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Forest
    Posts
    5,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ErwinK1961 View Post
    £10m?! Christ alive.
    Yes but as said before we should stop being so bloody humble about selling our players. £10m is bugler all in today's market and if he scores 8 or 10 goals for them he'd be a bargain. He's not useless as many exclaim on here just that he doesn't fit Ralph's plan; don't forget Ralph is not pushing him out the door, because of his positive influence in the dressing room

  48. #148

    Default

    Maybe I'm in the minority here but that sounds like a fair price to me. If they play him right he'll get goals and £10M will seem like v.good business. They have to play to his strengths though.

  49. #149

    Default

    Done a job for us, but now he'd just better P!ss off

  50. #150

    Default

    No need for the animosity. Charlie didn't change his character, physique, injury issues and knack for scoring a goal or 2 since he came here, we knew what we were getting and we got it, I mean that in the positive sense. Good luck Charlie, you gave what you could.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •