Charlie Austin - Sold to West Brom - 4M

Give it to Ron

He clearly doesn’t fit into the style of Ralph’s team plan which will be based on pace, pace and more pace. Something Charlie is sadly lacking. Scored some good goals and wish him well.

If he goes to a team that suits his style - stand in the penalty area and wait until the ball gets to him - then he will score a fair few goals, especially if its in The Championship

Be a good deal to get that sort of money - I'm amazed at some of the money we're bringing in...

Ross Wilson is a genius

Totally mugged the city of Birmingham. Given them our reserve left back and signed their prized possession and made a profit.

Les taught him well..

Ohhhhhhh Ross wilson went to brum to by a Range Rover

Instead he saw them coming and bent them all right over

Jimmy McCann

@JamesMcCann74

Following Following @JamesMcCann74

More

BID MADE!

A bid in the region of £8m has been sent to Southampton for striker Charlie Austin from Sheffield United. Player has one year left on his contract. Player happy to move. #SUFC

been pretty reliable so far or he gueeses alot right :D

Jimmy McCann

@JamesMcCann74

More

BID MADE!

A bid in the region of £8m has been sent to Southampton for striker Charlie Austin from Sheffield United. Player has one year left on his contract. Player happy to move. #SUFC

its that lad again.

Ohhhhhhhh Ross Wilson went to Sheffield to buy some Sheffield steel

Instead he saw them coming and sold them Charlie for 8 mil

He sells players all the day and he sells them all the night

And when he shafts another club we’ll sing this song all night

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Jimmy McCann

@JamesMcCann74

More

BID MADE!

That's not particularly hard when he deletes the ones he gets wrong, like he did with Butland being a done deal, and he's already regurgitating stuff already out there.

Here's a question- what would any agent, semi retired or not, get out of tweeting loads and loads of transfer rumours to make himself look reliable? Just doesn't make any sense. It's the most obvious fake going.

Have a look at Jay Rodriguez's dad's twitter, who is a FA registered agent. The difference is ridiculous.

That's not particularly hard when he deletes the ones he gets wrong, like he did with Butland being a done deal, and he's already regurgitating stuff already out there.

Here's a question- what would any agent, semi retired or not, get out of tweeting loads and loads of transfer rumours to make himself look reliable? Just doesn't make any sense. It's the most obvious fake going.

Have a look at Jay Rodriguez's dad's twitter, who is a FA registered agent. The difference is ridiculous.

Plus the fact that he’s always retweeting people who blow smoke up his arse about how ITK he is, not to mention his own posts with a, "hey look, I posted this 3 days ago, I was right!" Subtext.

I can buy a couple of agents giving one of their ‘retired’ colleagues a couple of bits of gossip about a handful of transfers but this guy seems to be the first port of call for every top agent in European football. Fancy that.

He’s also complaining that nobody in the media gives him credit for his ‘information’. :rolleyes:

I'll be sorry to see Charlie go. Players with local connections have long been part of the Saints' appeal. OK, so in Charlie's case, Berkshire and Dorset might be a bus ride away but the language difficulties aren't as pronounced as they are for players from Africa and South America. The international talent is most welcome but keeping it mixed with locally developed players gives many fans a good connection to the club. I still support the decision to cash in if a decent offer is received, though. With Che coming in space up front is limited and it would have to be Charlie who would miss out.

I'll be sorry to see Charlie go. Players with local connections have long been part of the Saints' appeal. OK, so in Charlie's case, Berkshire and Dorset might be a bus ride away but the language difficulties aren't as pronounced as they are for players from Africa and South America. The international talent is most welcome but keeping it mixed with locally developed players gives many fans a good connection to the club. I still support the decision to cash in if a decent offer is received, though. With Che coming in space up front is limited and it would have to be Charlie who would miss out.

You have eloquently expressed my view.

I feel a much greater connection to players like Pahars, Lundekvam and Tessem than I do to Austin. In fact I remember him acting like a cocky idiot when he played against us for Swindon in League 1.

I feel a much greater connection to players like Pahars, Lundekvam and Tessem than I do to Austin. In fact I remember him acting like a cocky idiot when he played against us for Swindon in League 1.
Agree.

I don't consider Austin as a "local" player in any way, and he's not really done enough to make him a player that will linger in the memory. This past season has been a particular disappointment.

He's a bit of an arse, and the type that only endears himself to fans by being really, really good. He hasn't been.

What's he done to be an arse? Yes he seems a bit of a lad but I think that's mainly because of the fact that until he was in his 20's, he was a brickie so had that "tradesman banter" type culture behind him. I enjoy listening to Austin's interviews because he talks like a fan and you can tell he hasn't spent his teens being "briefed" on how to speak to the media.

And if it's the whole wearing a Liverpool shirt thing then I have no issue with that (other than him not supporting his local team). He's a Liverpool fan and they were in their biggest game for over a decade. The Champions League is not a competition that we have ever (and probably will ever) be involved in. Fàbregas never made any secret of the fact he was a Barcelona fan and the teams he played for (Arsenal and Chelsea) actually did compete in that same competition that he repeatedly cheered them on in. Some people need to get it into their heads that Liverpool are not our rivals.

What's he done to be an arse? Yes he seems a bit of a lad but I think that's mainly because of the fact that until he was in his 20's, he was a brickie so had that "tradesman banter" type culture behind him. I enjoy listening to Austin's interviews because he talks like a fan and you can tell he hasn't spent his teens being "briefed" on how to speak to the media.

And if it's the whole wearing a Liverpool shirt thing then I have no issue with that (other than him not supporting his local team). He's a Liverpool fan and they were in their biggest game for over a decade. The Champions League is not a competition that we have ever (and probably will ever) be involved in. Fàbregas never made any secret of the fact he was a Barcelona fan and the teams he played for (Arsenal and Chelsea) actually did compete in that same competition that he repeatedly cheered them on in. Some people need to get it into their heads that Liverpool are not our rivals.

Didn't know he'd worn a Liverpool shirt, doesn't matter to me. He just comes across as an arse sometimes on Twitter.

Can't warm to anyone that is happy to milk big wages from the club but can't be arsed to get himself properly fit in return. It's a sad spectacle when a 29 year old "athlete" in the prime of his career isn't able to run around for much more than half an hour.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Can't warm to anyone that is happy to milk big wages from the club but can't be arsed to get himself properly fit in return. It's a sad spectacle when a 29 year old "athlete" in the prime of his career isn't able to run around for much more than half an hour.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

His knees won't allow him to train properly, so you take what you get with him, a la Paul McGrath

Just a recap... 4 clubs were initially interested...

Would assume Fulham are out of the running (if they were ever in it) as Aleksandar Mitrovic has just signed a new contract.

Yesterday, Mitrovic signed a new contract at Fulham.

Today, WBA are said to be losing J-Rod to Burnley for £10m, so will now have lost their front 2 strikers from last season (Dwight Gayle gone back to Newcastle.

Well said. Some of the comments made about Charlie Austin and indeed other Saints players are genuinely embarrassing. He has suffered with injuries but that is why he only cost 4 million. He has scored goals and if his attitude was an issue within the club it would have been flagged.

Well said. Some of the comments made about Charlie Austin and indeed other Saints players are genuinely embarrassing. He has suffered with injuries but that is why he only cost 4 million. He has scored goals and if his attitude was an issue within the club it would have been flagged.

To be clear, I'm not questioning his professional attitude.

I don't get the negativity towards him either. He's done OK in the three and a half years with us. Not brilliant by any means, but he has scored some useful goals. I'd like to have seen him on the pitch more but it is what it is, injuries haven't helped.

Bad news. Alex Crook says there is ‘good interest’, which likely means the opposite.

@alex_crook: Am told there is 'good interest' in Charlie Austin hence why he has not travelled with #SaintsFC on their pre-season tour.

Just a recap... 4 clubs were initially interested...

Today, WBA are said to be losing J-Rod to Burnley for £10m, so will now have lost their front 2 strikers from last season (Dwight Gayle gone back to Newcastle.

Well that's our first game of the season jinxed - we all know what happens next...!

I can live with him wearing a Liverpool shirt, just another glory hunting knob from Berkshire. I can't live with him being utterly terrible, fat, unfit, and abusing his own team mates on Twitter.

On Talksport tonight at 10pm

@talkSPORT: TONIGHT

@ChazAustin10 is in the studio with @AndyGoldstein05 & @MirrorDarren.

He’ll be discussing:

- His #SaintsFC future

- His life outside football

- #QPR and his old clubs

- Plus your questions

Listen to the Sports Bar from 10pm.