Charlie Austin - Sold to West Brom - 4M

Give it to Ron

Under the right scheme he can score in the PL. This is not Ralphs scheme. Any of the Championship teams coming up, Brighton, Burnley, etc could all use him.

Frankly though, going back to QPR where is he still is a hero may be his best option.

Under the right scheme he can score in the PL. This is not Ralphs scheme. Any of the Championship teams coming up, Brighton, Burnley, etc could all use him.

Frankly though, going back to QPR where is he still is a hero may be his best option.

He doesn’t hold the ball up enough to suit Brighton or Burnley. I know you’ve had a crush on him but he’s washed at a PL level.

I would not be surprised if he is a 'makeweight' in the deal to buy Mitrovic from Fulham !
I would because we won't be signing Mitrovic.

He doesn't fit any of the criteria that RH has spoken about with regard to signings.

Part exchange for Che Adams would be nice. Straight swap would be even nicer.

Doubt they could afford Austin's wages and pie bill.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Straight swap? Dream on.

This could end up like the Jones/John or Bridge/Le Saux transfers where it’s not officially p/ex. But kind of is.

• 2 weeks later...
Disappointing as Austin was 1 of the few I thought we had half a chance of shifting.

We do and probably will but Austin is worth nowhere near the wages we are paying him. At least it’s only for a year, unlike Carrillo or Forster.

We do and probably will but Austin is worth nowhere near the wages we are paying him. At least it’s only for a year, unlike Carrillo or Forster.

And we did only pay 4m for him. Standard in those instances to see higher wages.

As far as I know his preference is not to move that far north (Birmingham max) but obviously money talks, it might be that he (or the club) don’t get many offers and he has to take whatever is available.

Surprised either would get anywhere near his wages or afford a fee.

Do you think Defoe is paid peanuts at Rangers?

They can afford his wages but I think will end up at QPR anyway the owner will love signing him back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you think Defoe is paid peanuts at Rangers?

They can afford his wages but I think will end up at QPR anyway the owner will love signing him back

I think Bournemouth are subsidising a lot of Defoe’s wages.

They can’t afford all of Austin’s.

Rangers are a big club, he would do well north of the border and still earn a good wage. Would be a tempting offer rather than playing in the Championship or lower league PL.

He already plays for a Lower League PL club.

Even ings has been transformed to a striker who cannot score, do you still think that it is the strikers' problems and not ours?
Even Ings? The most goals he's ever scored in a Premier League season is 11. So, two major knee injuries later and a shadow of the player he used to be, having lost his pace, which was his main asset, a return of 7 goals is probably as good as anyone could've expected.

We signed a briefly half-decent striker whose best days are far behind him. I don't think it's any more complicated than that.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Just posted a picture of himself in a Liverpool shirt saying "Come on you redmen" , Instant way to lose all credibility with saints fans !

yeah, he’s since put a message “guys it’s only a jersey”

it may well be Charlie but on a scale of 1 - 10 in the dumb stakes that’s right up there