Charlie Austin - Sold to West Brom - 4M

Give it to Ron

I thought he was a chav and a complete helmet at Swindon and he’s done nothing to change my mind in the decade since. The fact that he can’t help himself gobbling off with the Neanderthals on twitter pretty much sums it up.

Bit harsh imho. Would rather have brought him on for the last 15 to 20 mins than Che and Obi. Yes he's not the most sophisticated type, but he has an eye for a goal and worth having as a sub (certainly not suggesting he would start)

Bit harsh imho. Would rather have brought him on for the last 15 to 20 mins than Che and Obi. Yes he's not the most sophisticated type, but he has an eye for a goal and worth having as a sub (certainly not suggesting he would start)

Every time we brought him one last season it was like we’d had a man sent off, such was his lack of movement. Usually we brought him on thinking he was a goal scorer and he’d find a winner, when in reality the momentum swung immediately in the opposition’s favour.

Fans like to give it out but struggle when they get anything back.

Charlie did OK for us. The game has simply moved on and the high press style is not for him. Wouldn't suit MLT either.

Don't understand all the bitterness towards him and fans only upset as he's touched a nerve with his words.

Didn’t see anything specifically about us (though may have missed it). Just something about The Sun, Caroline Flack and social media trolls.

He has deleted what he said... it was in relation to a reply to the tweet where he spoke about thinking before you tweet / speak when a fan questioned whether he did that when he purposefully wound up our fans (the Liverpool shirt thing I assume), he then went onto call one of our fans a c*nt and then said “you’re **** fans, you don’t sing to get behind the team only when they score never when they need the boost”

Not that I don’t agree with the above, especially at St Marys - but then again it’s tough with what we have had to put up with for the last 3 seasons.

Didn’t see anything specifically about us (though may have missed it). Just something about The Sun, Caroline Flack and social media trolls.

He seems to have deleted a lot of it, there were some screen shots going around which aren't there now. Nothing particularly exciting, just the usual lowbrow, "mate, your fans are all s**t!" stuff.

Our fans really are a load of bellends.

99.9% of them wouldnt' say anything to him in person, guaranteed.

You could say that about 99.9% of all Twitter "trolls" not exclusive to Saints fans

It's even same on here. I get abuse and threatening PMs but when I invite them to meet face to face they back off quicker than an Italian tank.

The internet is perfect for wannabe hard men and snowflakes

Storm in a teacup stuff really. I feel sorry for the younger generation who feel they have to live their lives through social media, thinking that comments made by inconsequentials are in any way relevant. In my day social media was scrawling derogatory comments, like 'Sharon is a slag' across the back of the bike sheds, or bus stops. Juvenile, I know, but nobody really got hurt, who really knew who 'Sharon, was. Unfortunately the world has moved on and it appears that social media has an awful lot of flaws.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

then said “you’re **** fans, you don’t sing to get behind the team only when they score never when they need the boost”

We can't have a pop at him for speaking the truth. He's a gobby **** but he's only saying what many players and managers have probably wanted to say for many years, our fans are mostly subdued even in the good times.

We can't have a pop at him for speaking the truth. He's a gobby **** but he's only saying what many players and managers have probably wanted to say for many years, our fans are mostly subdued even in the good times.

Nonsense, Saints are little different to any other Premier League fans. Complete silence never stopped Arsenal from winning trophies. We're hardly Galatasaray but Austin is just trolling. When you're paid the average man's annual salary every 3 days I think you can put of effort in, even in an empty stadium.

Nonsense, Saints are little different to any other Premier League fans. Complete silence never stopped Arsenal from winning trophies. We're hardly Galatasaray but Austin is just trolling. When you're paid the average man's annual salary every 3 days I think you can put of effort in, even in an empty stadium.

He did put effort in, being slow doesn't mean there's no effort :mcinnes:

You're right, they should. But other than a couple of relatively small groups in two corners of the ground who give it a go (not particularly loud and repeating the same boring stuff over and over) the rest of the stadium is dead. We attack the Chapel in near silence at times. Other PL grounds are bad, but nothing as polite as St Mary's. IMO.

Better he posts stuff that at least is his opinion.

Footballers are generally thick as sh1t and not worth reading anything they have to say.

Fck knows why any celeb would want to be on social media and read the sh1t they get back.

You're right, they should. But other than a couple of relatively small groups in two corners of the ground who give it a go (not particularly loud and repeating the same boring stuff over and over) the rest of the stadium is dead. We attack the Chapel in near silence at times. Other PL grounds are bad, but nothing as polite as St Mary's. IMO.

Yes, if only those 2 small groups hidden away in the corners of the away end, where they are easily drowned out by the away fans and where the acoustics are worst, would join together in one big group, like they do at away games, behind the goal at the home end, we would have much improved home support.

I mean, I get that his comments are not worth reading as he's clearly quite a bitter, childish so and so, but I don't think we can really say he's entitled to say what he's said. I'm a financial advisor and if I went online calling clients c*nts, then I think it would be reasonably fair if my employer or the association that regulates me were to step in. I feel sorry for West Brom who have to put up with his juvenile behaviour and I'm glad that we got rid of him when we did - a solid bit of business.

why are our fans so obsessed with him? His comment about being better than other strikers at the club was wrong and he should've apologised but bar that hasn't done much else wrong.

Got no credit for work with the Southampton foundation compared to Maya.

why are our fans so obsessed with him? His comment about being better than other strikers at the club was wrong and he should've apologised but bar that hasn't done much else wrong.

He was a goalscorer that had no pace. Great in the box but nothing elsewhere. Most forwards I can recall a decent goal or moment but I can only recall his 'Parklife' rant, knocking a cyclist off his bike in his Bentley and shouting at fans.

My granddaughter (7years old) was having a picture taken with him and he shouted at a Saints fan who also wanted a pic to 'F''' Off'

I don’t think less than a page on an internet forum in the six months since he left really counts as obsessed. We can’t help it if he regularly acts like a complete plank.

Edited by Lighthouse

I’m just still in disbelief at his performance at Fulham away, think it was MH first game.

I see no reason for him to apologise: I wouldn't care if he thought I was the biggest C()nut on the planet.

• 3 weeks later...

What a ****ing cockwomble.

“Austin also revealed that he attended last week’s Cheltenham Festival, where he suspects he contracted the virus, and has been self-isolating from his family since Sunday. The forward also criticised football’s slow response to the outbreak.”

He can go to Cheltenham, but football was too slow to react.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk