Charlie Austin - Sold to West Brom - 4M

Give it to Ron

I was optimistic when SFC signed Austin. His local links were in the tradition of our playing squad and he was talked about as being on the fringe of England selection. The fact is he didn’t perform at the level expected and he is well behind the other strikers at the club. It would be a waste of training resources to include him in the pre-season programme. If he doesn’t like it, he should try harder to find another club.

UJ, it DOES happen in real employment. I have had my contracts cut short, with both the contractual notice period and with no notice (despite the term). We'd probably give him compensation for loss of office ie. severance pay. Charlie should accept the club is under new ownership and management and accept revised terms or look to find a new employer himself. Digging his heels in and expecting the new club management to honour his contract is stretching his employment terms. In the real world, we can all be given notice. Only in football is there a "deal cannot be ended by employer" term.

I suspect the PFA is slightly more aggressive in pursuing contract breaches than you are. The union always seems to win in these disputes, hence why you almost never see clubs trying to short change players.

I suspect the PFA is slightly more aggressive in pursuing contract breaches than you are. The union always seems to win in these disputes, hence why you almost never see clubs trying to short change players.
Plus the fact the whole transfer system would break down if any club could end a contract when it suited them

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

UJ, it DOES happen in real employment. I have had my contracts cut short, with both the contractual notice period and with no notice (despite the term). We'd probably give him compensation for loss of office ie. severance pay. Charlie should accept the club is under new ownership and management and accept revised terms or look to find a new employer himself. Digging his heels in and expecting the new club management to honour his contract is stretching his employment terms. In the real world, we can all be given notice. Only in football is there a "deal cannot be ended by employer" term.

don't blame austin in this, blame the club.

then again, we paid peanuts in terms of a fee and he is pretty low down on the utter waste was have created in recent years

don't blame austin in this, blame the club.

then again, we paid peanuts in terms of a fee and he is pretty low down on the utter waste was have created in recent years

Maybe if he wants to be still be a footballer he should go but not his fault and doesn’t have to unless it’s rotgut for him. People forget players have families too, maybe his kids are settled at school and like where they live, maybe he doesn’t want to move to anoter area and there are bigger balls ups. Ellyanoussi, Hoedt, Forster, Carillo which is the worst, most expensive and strongest singing ever.

Maybe if he wants to be still be a footballer he should go but not his fault and doesn’t have to unless it’s rotgut for him. People forget players have families too, maybe his kids are settled at school and like where they live, maybe he doesn’t want to move to anoter area and there are bigger balls ups. Ellyanoussi, Hoedt, Forster, Carillo which is the worst, most expensive and strongest singing ever.

He does a belting rendition of Heaven is a Place on Earth.

Might be late to the party here, one website is reporting that Austin had a serious bust-up with hassenhutl himself, I thought it was some of the players he blew up at?

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Kearny it’s a golf reference but he has played for 9 including Reading youth.

Never played for Thatcham Town (though he was registered), and is quoted only as "trained" with Reading as a youth player. The reality is that he has played for 7 clubs, including Kintbury, Hungerford, Poole, Swindon, Burney, QPR and Saints. The tweet is so obviously a golf reference "Won't be long before I'm off single figures #progress" really can't undertand why people are still discussing this. His mates (as opposed to the Fanboys and Haters) also responded about golf. He's presumably playing off of 10ish at the moment and should get a cut following a decent round or two, but its harder to get a reduction when your handicap is between 5.5 and 12.4 - 0.2 per shot below the buffer zone. Wish I could get my handicap cut, another .1 increase after yesterday.

Never played for Thatcham Town (though he was registered), and is quoted only as "trained" with Reading as a youth player. The reality is that he has played for 7 clubs, including Kintbury, Hungerford, Poole, Swindon, Burney, QPR and Saints. The tweet is so obviously a golf reference "Won't be long before I'm off single figures #progress" really can't undertand why people are still discussing this. His mates (as opposed to the Fanboys and Haters) also responded about golf. He's presumably playing off of 10ish at the moment and should get a cut following a decent round or two, but its harder to get a reduction when your handicap is between 5.5 and 12.4 - 0.2 per shot below the buffer zone. Wish I could get my handicap cut, another .1 increase after yesterday.

Matty was playing off 3 last time I looked, Sparky Hughes was off 9 (probably less now) Tim Henman was Scratch (handicap of 0 ) thats very good. Tiger Woods was +8 apparently when he turned pro - that is at towards the top of the scale. I played with a bloke playing off +4 sponsored by Srixon too, wasn't doing enough with his ability, just mind blowing to watch............. So Charlie Austin should be able to achieve his goal of getting down to single figures pretty soon.

ANOTHER SUITOR FOR AUSTIN

Adding to the news that West Brom are in for Southampton striker Charlie Austin (8.23), Sky Sports News understands Bristol City are also in talks with the Saints to bring him to Ashton Gate.

He would be a different option for the Baggies after Jay Rodrigues, static v dynamic but they are a good club and really a PL club by culture. I would expect hem to be in the mix for promotion come the spring.

In many respects we and they have run more or less parallel lives for nigh on 75 years and often they have been a bogey club for us. No doubt Chas will come back to haunt us one day!

Yeah, **** off. Overpaid waste of space he is.

Won't allow us to bring anyone in and he'll still be ours as I assume it's a loan, but at least his stench won't smell the place out for this season.

Assuming he passes the medical, he'll be back in a couple of months when his hammy goes.

He'd have to be managed carefully in the championship.