Charlie Austin - Sold to West Brom - 4M

Give it to Ron

Yeah, **** off. Overpaid waste of space he is.

Won't allow us to bring anyone in and he'll still be ours as I assume it's a loan, but at least his stench won't smell the place out for this season.

... and after this season he will be gone as his contract will have expired.

Yeah, **** off. Overpaid waste of space he is.

Won't allow us to bring anyone in and he'll still be ours as I assume it's a loan, but at least his stench won't smell the place out for this season.

The amount of abuse unwanted players gets on here and on social media in general is distasteful. Good for Charlie and for the club if he moves on, but let’s not forget he has been valuable to the club too.

He was only £4 million, scored some important goals, generally put in a shift I thought and seems a genuinely well liked guy in the squad.

Don't get the hate he seems to get, we all hoped he'd be better and maybe recapture his form he showed for QPR but for whatever reason that didn't happen.

But I mean compare him to some of are other transfers hardly a disaster and we might even make a profit from him today if it's a permanent.

The amount of abuse unwanted players gets on here and on social media in general is distasteful. Good for Charlie and for the club if he moves on, but let’s not forget he has been valuable to the club too.

I agree, its completely embarrassing. Of course he was tempted to stay here on his high wages, with only a year left (before a nice bosman), I wouldn't have blamed him for sitting tight unless a tempting club/wage came along that suited him.

His biggest crime is that he's a Berkshire boy who supports Liverpool.

He was only £4 million, scored some important goals, generally put in a shift I thought and seems a genuinely well liked guy in the squad.

Don't get the hate he seems to get, we all hoped he'd be better and maybe recapture his form he showed for QPR but for whatever reason that didn't happen.

But I mean compare him to some of are other transfers hardly a disaster and we might even make a profit from him today if it's a permanent.

He did alright for us. Can only assume his wages are leaving a nasty taste, although he does seem a bit of a prat on social media.

But, his debut goal at Old Trafford, his Purple patch at the start of the Puel season and leading the line in the San Siro. Those are good memories.

This. I liked the guy in the squad, he has heart. RH doesnt want him and i understand why but i have no beef with him as a player, so good luck to him.

With regards to his use of social media exploits, i think he was a little stupid but it didn't bother me in any way.

I agree, its completely embarrassing. Of course he was tempted to stay here on his high wages, with only a year left (before a nice bosman), I wouldn't have blamed him for sitting tight unless a tempting club/wage came along that suited him.

His biggest crime is that he's a Berkshire boy who supports Liverpool.

No, his biggest crime is being perennially unfit and jogging around the pitch like a Sunday League striker. Which game was it when he touched the ball 8 times? Possibly Fulham away.

Acting like a melon on social media is just a sideshow. If he was performing every week I couldn't care less if he spent his free time out dogging with Lovren and Westwood but he isn't. It rubs fans up the wrong way and probably a few within the club as well.

This, I dont understand why he's all of a sudden become the enemy simply because he hasnt (yet) found another job, essentially.

Yes he's on big money but that's not his fault, i've never questioned his application on the football pitch and thats the best you can ask for.

He's not suited to the way we play, he'll get bag fulls of goals for a team who play the old fashioned "English" way with a big striker and wingers throwing balls into the box.

This, I dont understand why he's all of a sudden become the enemy simply because he hasnt (yet) found another job, essentially.

Yes he's on big money but that's not his fault, i've never questioned his application on the football pitch and thats the best you can ask for.

He's not suited to the way we play, he'll get bag fulls of goals for a team who play the old fashioned "English" way with a big striker and wingers throwing balls into the box.

Totally agree. It is toe curling embarrassing hearing people slag him off on here. He seems a good guy, scored more than enough goals to justify his £4m price tag and I wish him well in his future.

Totally agree. It is toe curling embarrassing hearing people slag him off on here. He seems a good guy, scored more than enough goals to justify his £4m price tag and I wish him well in his future.

He's not a 'good guy'. He's always been a kn0b, stemming back to his non-league days.

Don't question that for £4m it was low risk and we got enough out of him for that though. Should have signed him when he scored against us all the time for Swindon. At least then we would've got some resale value out of him.

I think those of us that went to Fulham away last season certainly questioned his application. Only one game mind.

Sky sources: Charlie Austin has passed his medical medical and agrees a deal to join West Brom from Southampton.

The fee is believed to be around £4m; a two-year deal with an optional additional year.

To get our money back on him, is quite miraculous tbf.

Ker-ching

Sky sources: Charlie Austin has passed his medical medical and agrees a deal to join West Brom from Southampton.

The fee is believed to be around £4m; a two-year deal with an optional additional year.

To get our money back on him, is quite miraculous tbf.

not miraculous at all he will score 15/20 for them this season so well worth the 4 million

One of the worst performances I can remember in quite a while.

Yep, if I recall it was his complete inability to contest any aerial ball which was particularly frustrating.

For most of his time at Saints I was a fan, for a while more recently I thought he was being misused (e.g. starting games when he couldn't last 20 minutes) but could still be useful, but once Hasenhuttl came in and the tactics were more about pressing it was clear he wasn't going to up to much - I hope this is enough of a return to put to good use (assuming we haven't been twiddling our thumbs and are ready to act...)

So that ****er who wouldn't take a paycut to **** off his contract, has done just that.

Quelle surprise.

I think our fans have treated him pretty shabbily over the last few weeks, after the club did initially.

His attitude and social media activity has been disgusting. Last memory of him was walking round the pitch covering his mouth whilst chatting to a team mate during the lap of appreciation full if his own self importance. Shame things turned sour but there you go, I wont miss him.

His attitude and social media activity has been disgusting. Last memory of him was walking round the pitch covering his mouth whilst chatting to a team mate during the lap of appreciation full if his own self importance. Shame things turned sour but there you go, I wont miss him.

He was like a bad smell around the place. Championship is absolutely his level. Offered very little apart from being Billy big Boots. Ralph was right not to take him to Austria.

The problem I've had is his social media activity, proper baiting of fans. But never mind, we've got a fee which I didn't even imagine we'll get.

I hope we're still not paying a % of his wage and this is a total clean break. That will be a little weight lifted off of us.

The problem I've had is his social media activity, proper baiting of fans. But never mind, we've got a fee which I didn't even imagine we'll get.

I hope we're still not paying a % of his wage and this is a total clean break. That will be a little weight lifted off of us.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s got ADHD or something.

There will almost certainly be some sort of payoff to cover the difference in wages over the rest of his Saints contract.

Maybe so, who knows. But he could've opted to stick around, take the buck for nothing and run the contract down. He's opted to play so all power to him. I'm not his greatest fan, but credit where due, he did a job for us, not the greatest but certainly not the worst I've seen. Good luck to him at WBA.

No ill feeling from me, he's clearly not good enough for this level any more but scored some important goals in his time here and will always remember the 'Park Life' rant last season. Now it appears we've got our money back. Personally don't give a toss about the stuff he's put on social media, seen much worse. Just hope we still have time to get someone in now.

Thanks and good luck Charlie.

I think he should be given some respect. He could have sat here and taken the money but at least he has gone and will get some football. It was just a shame he suffered with that hamstring injury and was never the same again. He did show some passion eg the famous interview that showed he cared.

If he stuck 2 fingers up to some of our fans I dont blame him really,

Good luck Charlie.

As I have said many times - that debut goal at Old Trafford instantly repaid the £4m we paid for him - to get that back after a couple of years and him being older and slower can only be considered as a bit of a result, get the wages off the balance sheet a bonus.

Up until very recently he put a much needed buzz in the crowd when he was on the pitch, because most ofus knew a mere sniff was all he needed to put the ball away.

No disrespect to Austin because he scored some important goals for us, but he's dropped to the right level. I hope he does well at WBA, and more importantly for us, his wages have been removed AND we got his transfer fee back for an older, injury prone player. That's two good bits of business for Saints today, please God let there be a couple more...

gone..official. WBA

1JMyiF.jpg

In my opinion, with the wages he was on, that should green light us for at least one new signing. I imagine they would have been waiting for this to be confirmed before moving ahead with any signings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

As I have said many times - that debut goal at Old Trafford instantly repaid the £4m we paid for him - to get that back after a couple of years and him being older and slower can only be considered as a bit of a result, get the wages off the balance sheet a bonus.

Up until very recently he put a much needed buzz in the crowd when he was on the pitch, because most ofus knew a mere sniff was all he needed to put the ball away.

It was actually getting on the pitch he found tricky