Thread: PL Prize Money

Default PL Prize Money

Clearly we have not been a tv attraction

Surprising really, all those late goals makes for good TV drama. Surprised to see Bournemouth so low and 11 games is 10 too many for Burnley.

and journo's rounded on Pep when he dared suggest (the obvious) that people in the Media are biased towards Liverpool.

I did think that part way through the season I had seen Newcastle games on TV for weeks upon weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    and journo's rounded on Pep when he dared suggest (the obvious) that people in the Media are biased towards Liverpool.
    Yep, imagine how much worse it will get if they actually win the league... its vomit inducing now...

So if those figures are anywhere near accurate we're getting less than last season by about 5 million. Strange.

I thought that they had to show each team something like 10 times, and if they didn’t, they had to pay as if they had ?

Joint fewest games on TV... Nothing to do with our shirt sponsor being Virgin Media is it Sky. Nope, of course not.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Garrett View Post
    I thought that they had to show each team something like 10 times, and if they didn’t, they had to pay as if they had ?
    Must be since we got the same as Watford who had 10

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LeG View Post
    Joint fewest games on TV... Nothing to do with our shirt sponsor being Virgin Media is it Sky. Nope, of course not.
    Did we have any Monday night games at all ?

Quote Originally Posted by Window Cleaner View Post
    Did we have any Monday night games at all ?
    I'm pretty sure Brighton at home was.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    I'm pretty sure Brighton at home was.
    Ah right, way back in September, must have been on holiday then.
    Last edited by Window Cleaner; 13-05-2019 at 03:20 PM.

Particularly weird as, for the most part, under Hasenhüttl we've been a decent enough watch, and yet last season when we genuinely were an absolute eyesore, we were televised 16 times - more than we had the season we finished 6th

Quote Originally Posted by stevegrant View Post
    Particularly weird as, for the most part, under Hasenhüttl we've been a decent enough watch, and yet last season when we genuinely were an absolute eyesore, we were televised 16 times - more than we had the season we finished 6th
    Kind of makes sense then. If we were an "eyesore" last season you can understand why we weren't programmed so much this season.

Hard to find any sort of correlation with that table other than the fact we weren't very good all season. Newcastle finished two places above us and were on 19 times - the best of the rest effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky View Post
    Hard to find any sort of correlation with that table other than the fact we weren't very good all season. Newcastle finished two places above us and were on 19 times - the best of the rest effectively.
    Perhaps it's something to do with the number of Sky Subscribers in the Newcastle region. I mean if they were on 19 times that's
    half of their games isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by Window Cleaner View Post
    Kind of makes sense then. If we were an "eyesore" last season you can understand why we weren't programmed so much this season.
    It's the opposite of "making sense", the TV fixtures are picked as the season is progressing.

Quote Originally Posted by stevegrant View Post
    It's the opposite of "making sense", the TV fixtures are picked as the season is progressing.
    So they like you to think!!

19. Default

Tbf even us fans have been tired and bored watching us.

Subjecting nutreuls to it too would be unfair

On the excitement scale we are low down and have been for 3 seasons

That's right. We got the same amount as Watford (who were on 10 times) even though we were only shown 8 times.

Default PL Prize Money

Just like the good old days. Only fcked around with our KO s 8 times. A triumph for thinking of the fans.

Think it maybe 180 of 380 games broadcast live so that would be an average of 18 games per team per season so done very well to have so many 3pm KOs
    Last edited by whelk; 14-05-2019 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ecuk268 View Post
    That's right. We got the same amount as Watford (who were on 10 times) even though we were only shown 8 times.
    In the past that was only ever applied to Stoke. What have we become?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Tbf even us fans have been tired and bored watching us.

Subjecting nutreuls to it too would be unfair

On the excitement scale we are low down and have been for 3 seasons
    Clearly then you don't agree with comments from Steve Grant above that under Ralph we have been a decent watch.

Everyone is entitled to their view but not surprisingly yours is negative about the team you claim to support.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamesaint View Post
    Clearly then you don't agree with comments from Steve Grant above that under Ralph we have been a decent watch.

Everyone is entitled to their view but not surprisingly yours is negative about the team you claim to support.
    No one else thinks so...the 8 games were against 5 of the top 6, Newcastle Brighton and West Ham. So 5 we were just happened to be there as the other team was being shown.

we got paid as if we were televised 10 times..got the same amount as Watford who were televised 10 times. We essentially received the bare minimum on TV money.