Saints 1-1 Huddersfield - Reaction

skintsaint

I really give up with some on here. Ings has quaities that most of our players haven't. Im sure he will do much better last season

I think the price tag makes the expectation higher really.

For the amount of money we are supposed to be spending I don't think he has been value at all. He hasn't scored in over 5 months and spends far too much time injured or resting a knock.

My main gripe of Ings is that he seems too weak. He falls over so easily and just get's brushed aside by defenders. He doesn't have the pace he used to have so needs to be more clever with the ball.

Better than McCarthy apparently. Never has been never will be.

Forster was better than boruc too on here.

Absolute tards on this place.

Don't ever comment on goalkeeping again if you think Macca is better than Gunn.

I think the price tag makes the expectation higher really.

For the amount of money we are supposed to be spending I don't think he has been value at all. He hasn't scored in over 5 months and spends far too much time injured or resting a knock.

My main gripe of Ings is that he seems too weak. He falls over so easily and just get's brushed aside by defenders. He doesn't have the pace he used to have so needs to be more clever with the ball.

I think that's fair, and most fans probably share your view/concern. Unfortunately it seems there are also quite a few ready to dismiss him as championship standard/a pointless signing/worse than Long/worse than Austin etc just because he had a shot blocked or gave a free kick away.

Don't ever comment on goalkeeping again if you think Macca is better than Gunn.
to be fair I don't think Gunn has made that many match winning saves, wheras last season McCarthy made countless ones that helped us stay up. I haven't seen enough of Gunn to be sure he is any better

Targett for Long? Why not Armstrong there.

Don't suppose it matters, but at 1-0 up against a team which has taken 5 points from a possible 72 - why replace an attacking player with a LB and deploy 3 CBs? Awful way to end the season, but well done to Ralph for keeping us up. An interesting Summer awaits.

to be fair I don't think Gunn has made that many match winning saves, wheras last season McCarthy made countless ones that helped us stay up. I haven't seen enough of Gunn to be sure he is any better

Much more to it than 'match winning saves'. Our ball retention and play rate figures have increased since Gunn was introduced and less goals conceded (granted a reduce number of games played). Macca is fantastic at blocking and defending the goal, very problematic with shots from in and around 18 yards.

Better than McCarthy apparently. Never has been never will be.

Forster was better than boruc too on here.

Absolute tards on this place.

Usual on here. Wait until somebody makes a mistake and then tear them down. Gunns been very good for us since taking over as no1

Usual on here. Wait until somebody makes a mistake and then tear them down. Gunns been very good for us since taking over as no1

The fact is that the result is Gunn 1 Huddersfield 1, it was a shocking error by a professional footballer and probably cost us around 2 mil in FA money.

get the candles out, tears at Anfield

yes, Ings is not very good is he

No wonder Ralph keeps repeating that this teams needs changes and quickly

yet the dinlows on here will tell you we are a top 10 side (despite Ralph saying that would be too hard)

Predictable result. We struggle against crap teams that sit deep but make up for it against the better teams.

Well that was a suitably underwhelming performance to end the season. Very disappointing last couple of games. Ralph the highlight of the season. We have to build a defence and get some fast strikers who can score in the summer.

Just an aside - why no Lemina today? Game was screaming for a creative midfielder.

Much more to it than 'match winning saves'. Our ball retention and play rate figures have increased since Gunn was introduced and less goals conceded (granted a reduce number of games played). Macca is fantastic at blocking and defending the goal, very problematic with shots from in and around 18 yards.
yep its madness to have somebody who makes saves, much better having somebody who can throw or kick the ball

The fact is that the result is Gunn 1 Huddersfield 1, it was a shocking error by a professional footballer and probably cost us around 2 mil in FA money.

So none of the outfield players who failed to control the game, or create and finish clear attempts on goal, are culpable ?

get the candles out, tears at Anfield

yes, Ings is not very good is he

No wonder Ralph keeps repeating that this teams needs changes and quickly

yet the dinlows on here will tell you we are a top 10 side (despite Ralph saying that would be too hard)

It's a very odd place this.

We're a squad of has-beens, never-will-bes, youngsters and runts. It's a fukkin miracle we are where we are considering... and just because we are there, doesn't mean we're certain improve next year.

He's an exceptional coach with a sh1tty squad to sort out... its really does require some major surgery if we have top 10 aspirations. We'll semi-back him this year, then push him out the next.

So none of the outfield players who failed to control the game, or create and finish clear attempts on goal, are culpable ?

I think if you check the replay you will see that it was a perfectly good back pass that he took too long to clear. and didn't did he?

I could be wrong, but that is how I saw it.

I think if you check the replay you will see that it was a perfectly good back pass that he took too long to clear. and didn't did he?

I could be wrong, but that is how I saw it.

I meant in the overall failure to beat the worst team in the division, at home. It was the performance over 90 minutes that cost us, not simply one error.

I thought Huddersfield hadn't bothered at the start and we were just having a kick about with the stewards. Might as well TBF.

Garbage overall, two seasons summed up in 90 minutes. Possession, a lack of real chances, wasting the one we have, throwing away a lead at home to bottom half opposition, individual howlers leading to goals, bored, overpriced....

The main positive I can take from today is that I will hopefully never see some of these players again. Before next season, I've got 2 F1 weekends, British Touring Cars and a sh*t load of cricket to take my mind of Saints. Hallelujah!

Honestly, one of the worst end of season games I've ever had to endure. Endure is the key word here.

Drab, slow, pedestrian, low on any sort of quality. We were against one of the worst sides the PL has ever seen, no qualms about it, yet we both looked destined to be at the same level.

A really, really flat and depressing end of the season. We have a weird mixture of players, a couple who are fairly consistent and reliable, a fair few who have purple patches throughout a season and then go missing for the rest, and even more who are just basically crap.

Renewing is still up in the air for me, I have no idea really. I was going to use today as a way to help convince me and give me something to look forward to, but I find myself coming away from that thinking what on earth is the point? That wasn't entertainment, not sure I’d want to spend any of my hard earned on that.

As much as Ralph says we need additions, and I trust we will add, I just don't trust the team who will be making the calls. They shouldn't be anywhere near this club after what they've done with our fortune of the last 2/3 windows, absolutely nowhere near. But we just have to suck that up unfortunately.

As well as the dross they have recruited, think of some of the near misses. Mbenza at Huddersfield, Jahanbakhsh at Brighton - both high targets for us at the start of last season. I hope, and this is the only slight saving grace in my mind, is that Ralph will have some serious input in who we recruit, because without question he can probably do a better job.

All in all another absolutely dire season, saved by a really good manager who managed to galvanise this complete rabble. Now we just need to see what surgery can be performed on this side over the summer, sadly I feel we will fail to shift as many as we need to, which will undoubtedly handcuff us in who we can bring in

Terrible game to add to the list of many other terrible games this season.

I left bang on the final whistle, Ralph needs to learn for all his pre match talk of bond between players and fans if you serve up shlte like that you don't deserve a round of applause let alone a lap of appreciation. Should've made players go in the stands and let them give the fans a standing ovation for sitting through so much crap this season.

let's hope for better next year.

Honestly, one of the worst end of season games I've ever had to endure. Endure is the key word here.

Drab, slow, pedestrian, low on any sort of quality. We were against one of the worst sides the PL has ever seen, no qualms about it, yet we both looked destined to be at the same level.

A really, really flat and depressing end of the season. We have a weird mixture of players, a couple who are fairly consistent and reliable, a fair few who have purple patches throughout a season and then go missing for the rest, and even more who are just basically crap.

Renewing is still up in the air for me, I have no idea really. I was going to use today as a way to help convince me and give me something to look forward to, but I find myself coming away from that thinking what on earth is the point? That wasn't entertainment, not sure I’d want to spend any of my hard earned on that.

As much as Ralph says we need additions, and I trust we will add, I just don't trust the team who will be making the calls. They shouldn't be anywhere near this club after what they've done with our fortune of the last 2/3 windows, absolutely nowhere near. But we just have to suck that up unfortunately.

As well as the dross they have recruited, think of some of the near misses. Mbenza at Huddersfield, Jahanbakhsh at Brighton - both high targets for us at the start of last season. I hope, and this is the only slight saving grace in my mind, is that Ralph will have some serious input in who we recruit, because without question he can probably do a better job.

All in all another absolutely dire season, saved by a really good manager who managed to galvanise this complete rabble. Now we just need to see what surgery can be performed on this side over the summer, sadly I feel we will fail to shift as many as we need to, which will undoubtedly handcuff us in who we can bring in

Do we ever put in a good performance on the last game of the season when we are safe?