LD Sports

EBS1980

It's just a few million quid, peanuts in our day and age. How much do you think small companies pay for TV ads and the like ?

The owner can invest a fair old amount of money in the club provided he turns it into equity. Why even Kat invested consequent sums at the start.

I work for a billion dollar company and the saints shirt deal is not far short of our global marketing budget which includes TV spots so I would argue that's it's "peanuts" from a marketing POV.

The background to this company is odd to say the least. I recall reading somewhere Gao wanted to have an academy in China. Don't know if this relates some how?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Surely if Gao wanted to actually invest more cash in the club he wouldn't need to go to the cloak and dagger lengths that some are purporting this to be?

Its not like he has invested anything additional so far, so we aren't going to be remotely near any need for creative accounting to satisfy FFP and the like.

On face value, its a company that barely seems to exist, and the website is, quite frankly, comical.

That was the deal keep us up , improve and give our talented players direction. Get rid of the baggage Hasenthull is no fool he knew a lot about Saints before he joined.

I don’t get the comments about anything connected with China being dodgy. They have the most dynamic economy in the world and will soon be the biggest.

Southampton FC is becoming less and less like the Saints I began supporting over 50 years ago. Chinese ownership with a touch of Swiss, can’t possibly have the emotional feelings most of us grew up with. If it wasn’t for the Academy it would hard to see much connection to Hampshire or the City except for matches being played here. The sponsor is just the latest example of the disconnect. It’s not just this club that’s affected and shows why so many people are ignoring their local team to become glory supporters of whichever top six club takes their fancy.

Much prefer this to a betting company.

Not sure what people are getting so upset about. If they are paying us a record amount, as reported, what’s the problem that they aren’t (yet) an established name.

Complete overreaction.

They've got a website that's full of palpable ****e. That doesn't irk you at all?

That was the deal keep us up , improve and give our talented players direction. Get rid of the baggage Hasenthull is no fool he knew a lot about Saints before he joined.

I don’t get the comments about anything connected with China being dodgy. They have the most dynamic economy in the world and will soon be the biggest.

They have a website that implies they've got a big training complex in Southampton and are well known in the UK. They also have a picture of Bologna or Florence or something to illustrate their Soton HQ.

This seems fine to you?

That's not why people are saying its dodgy if it was a big well known Chinese firm like Huawei no one would bat an eyelid this firm apparently didn't exist a few months ago, claims to be a a football coaching company and yet has circa £8 million to drop on shirt sponsorship all while having its offices and training complex based in Southampton doesn't sound very legit.

The more I think about this new sponsorship deal the more I like it. I mean, we know that we can trust Gao yes?.

Oh, absolutely.

His background is squeeky clean and from day one his policy of frank and open communication with the fans, coupled with his vision and passion, leave me in little doubt.

They have a website that implies they've got a big training complex in Southampton and are well known in the UK. They also have a picture of Bologna or Florence or something to illustrate their Soton HQ.

This seems fine to you?

It's amazing what people can post on the internet in an attempt to make people believe they are where they say they are... #milan

OH ffs, how do you think PSG and Man City (amongst others) get around FFP?

If this is a way of injecting more money without having ramifications as it relates to FFP what's the issue?

do you think we are anywhere near breaching FFP?

we usually win the net spend trophy ffs

Ledong Sports.

I hope Ledong is big, I hear bigger is better.

Sounds like money coming into the club to me, in a summer we need investment in the playing staff, that's surely a good thing...?

If this is a way of injecting more money without having ramifications as it relates to FFP what's the issue?

I don't think our owner needs to worry about that I believe he has put the square root of **** all in hardly in an danger of him breeching FFP..

We're rich beyond our wildest dreams.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Why are people saying it's dodgy??? Seemed obvious to me we would be getting a big deal from an Asian company that probably none of us knew anything about due to our new owners. If the club are saying it's the biggest sponsorship deal in our history well then that's a bloody good thing, finally pushing our commercial revenue in the right direction.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

Why are people saying it's dodgy??? Seemed obvious to me we would be getting a big deal from an Asian company that probably none of us knew anything about due to our new owners. If the club are saying it's the biggest sponsorship deal in our history well then that's a bloody good thing, finally pushing our commercial revenue in the right direction.

Ok, just read the rest of the thread. Carry on.

Ok, just read the rest of the thread. Carry on.

:lol:

I’ve just realised... isn’t that a picture of Sochaux’s ground in one of the pics? Aren’t they Chinese owners too?

Does anyone else recognise any of the other grounds in the background of the LDsports page?

Edited by Crab Lungs

Some people trying to explain it all away as absolutely normal are hilarious. Just imagine for a second that this was going on at another club. Would you be defending it in the same way? We might never see any I'll effects from this sort of thing whilst we stay in the prem, but when we get relegated it's these kind of shenanigans that ruin clubs. Shame on those who turn a blind eye to dodgy dealings simply because we might get a bit of a short term boost.

Anyone heard of Gary Dias? He’s the head of Ledong’s training and coaching schools and also supposedly works for the Saints Academy?

https://www.ledong6666.com/wap/services/team.html

:lol: and I quote "supplemented by actual combat competition, theoretical courses and on-site observation. Through effective means to improve the overall quality of children and cultivate students"

Alan Hebrew looks like a proper Alan Partridge

Some people trying to explain it all away as absolutely normal are hilarious. Just imagine for a second that this was going on at another club. Would you be defending it in the same way? We might never see any I'll effects from this sort of thing whilst we stay in the prem, but when we get relegated it's these kind of shenanigans that ruin clubs. Shame on those who turn a blind eye to dodgy dealings simply because we might get a bit of a short term boost.
Whoop whoop, short term boost! COYS!!!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk