LD Sports

EBS1980

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/17636029.southampton-to-be-sponsored-by-ld-sports/

"Justin Tan, Business Development Manager at LD Sports, commented: “We are delighted to be partnering with Southampton Football Club."

So, this Justin Tan fella.... assume this is the chap...?

https://mailmangroup.com/sports/sports-about/

https://www.linkedin.com/in/justin-tan-25348816/

justin-tan-1.jpg

He's had dealings with Saints before.... https://www.thedrum.com/news/2018/12/11/southampton-fc-and-tlcbet-roll-out-video-series-with-chinese-influencers

This, THIS, is ****ing nuts.

What, in the name of flying ****, is happening to this club?

This has a whiff of that company during the Saints takeover days that supposedly had something to do with oil rigs. (N something? Can't remember)... turned out to be a front for something else and the website was swiftly taken down.... that said, nothing like like a good old fashioned conspiracy theory... :)

This has a whiff of that company during the Saints takeover days that supposedly had something to do with oil rigs. (N something? Can't remember)... turned out to be a front for something else and the website was swiftly taken down.... that said, nothing like like a good old fashioned conspiracy theory... :)

NAMBLA, I think?

Not according to the OS. It suggests half of the first team squad is going to Macau; the other half will be going to Ireland.

Ralph: "Right. Fraser, Jordy, Wesley, Charlie, Moi, Sam M., Sam G., Guido, Cedric, Jack, Shane, you "first teamers" are going to Macau to represent us. The rest of you who I intend to use during the coming season will go with me to Ireland/Austria."

Just from the research done by posters above, this absolutely reeks.

Who on earth is carrying out our due-diligence checks? Has Gao begun infecting and abusing this club?

Concerning.

I

LD sports claim to be providers of football coaching and training. The charitable interpretation is that the sponsorship deal ties into the owner’s plans to leverage saints reputation for youth development.

Does someone have to sign off on PL club sponsorship deals PL, FA someone else? Because if a couple of saints fans with an internet search can come find this stuff out about our new sponsor surely it wouldn't take any concerned authorities very long to figure out its dodgy?

Does someone have to sign off on PL club sponsorship deals PL, FA someone else? Because if a couple of saints fans with an internet search can come find this stuff out about our new sponsor surely it wouldn't take any concerned authorities very long to figure out its dodgy?

Didn't Saints announce a sponsorship deal (albeit a minor one) with a (betting?) company a couple of years ago... only for a few on here to discover they had a dodgy past and the sponsorship deal was swiftly u-turned upon? Or did I imagine that?

Didn't Saints announce a sponsorship deal (albeit a minor one) with a (betting?) company a couple of years ago... only for a few on here to discover they had a dodgy past and the sponsorship deal was swiftly u-turned upon? Or did I imagine that?

SportPesa?

Well I can't imagine you could get a have like P0rnhub, so I would have thought so to a degree.

Reeds gone, Krueger honourably saw out his contract and said the next phase of our development will be a major move forward. Most of our transfers are set up, we are offloading the overpaid surplus. There is going to be a shake up in the boardroom that Hasenhuttl approves of. Hasenhuttl is bringing in his own coaching staff, Virgin have extended their contract for three years. We are putting extra emphasis on the academy. The Lander contact will allow Gao to invest more money in the club.

Top ten at least next season. After a brief holiday Hasenhuttl will start the close season early so we can hit the ground running.

What a bunch of ignorant bed wetters some of our fans are.

Reeds gone, Krueger honourably saw out his contract and said the next phase of our development will be a major move forward. Most of our transfers are set up, we are offloading the overpaid surplus. There is going to be a shake up in the boardroom that Hasenhuttl approves of. Hasenhuttl is bringing in his own coaching staff, Virgin have extended their contract for three years. We are putting extra emphasis on the academy. The Lander contact will allow Gao to invest more money in the club.

Top ten at least next season. After a brief holiday Hasenhuttl will start the close season early so we can hit the ground running.

What’s the Lander contact?

Steady on old chap

Am I missing something here ?

Are they not merely a sponsor ? Therefore unlike say, oh i dont know, an owner, they cant actually take any money or anything (except the ****) out of the club, they dont have a say on how the club is run or anything (like Virgin media didnt) like that.

Dont they purely pay the club a sum of money either upfront or over a three year period to advertise their name on the front of a shirt ?

If they dont cough up the contract is null and void and the club, with a degree of egg on the face, look for another sponsorship deal.

So why the cries of "foul, this stinks" ? If it does its not the end of the world, its not like we have some dodgy owner........

Banc de Binary?

Are they not merely a sponsor ? Therefore unlike say, oh i dont know, an owner, they cant actually take any money or anything (except the ****) out of the club, they dont have a say on how the club is run or anything (like Virgin media didnt) like that.

Dont they purely pay the club a sum of money either upfront or over a three year period to advertise their name on the front of a shirt ?

If they dont cough up the contract is null and void and the club, with a degree of egg on the face, look for another sponsorship deal.

So why the cries of "foul, this stinks" ? If it does its not the end of the world, its not like we have some dodgy owner........

Going by the stuff further up in this thread our new sponsor is a Chinese company that apparently didn't exist a few months ago, claims to be a football coaching company, that has trained thousands of footballers around Europe, and puts its office address in Southampton just down the road from SMS and is run by a bloke who was working for our owner promoting saints on social media in China only a few months ago seems legit..

I guess there's a suspicion that this is somehow tied in with our ownership, which may or may not have ramifications. Doesn't being sponsored by a company that, on one hand, we're told (by the club) is a new start-up, and yet, on the other hand has a website saying they are a well established football training company with a large UK HQ in Southampton, have a slight whiff of intrigue about it?

Bottom line is IF we're getting a decent income from LD Sports then that's all that matters.

It does look a bit dodgy though - especially the Chinese connection.

I do hope we're not getting rinsed by our owner!

Can't be much more dodgy than some of these 3rd world betting companies that seem to be flourishing on shirts nowadays.

Much rather have a sponsor that's trying to sell clobber in China than one who's trying to encourage people in the Congo and Uganda to bet.

Edited by Window Cleaner

I guess there's a suspicion that this is somehow tied in with our ownership, which may or may not have ramifications. Doesn't being sponsored by a company that, on one hand, we're told (by the club) is a new start-up, and yet, on the other hand has a website saying they are a well established football training company with a large UK HQ in Southampton, have a slight whiff of intrigue about it?

Oh it has a whiff of intrigue about it for sure but there are a fair few guns being jumped at present. They are paying the club money for the honour of advertising them, not the other way round.

Well said that man!

LD sports claim to be providers of football coaching and training. The charitable interpretation is that the sponsorship deal ties into the owner’s plans to leverage saints reputation for youth development.

WHat kind of football training business who is relatively new, has a spare £8m+ lying about to sponsor a premier league football club? If Virgin was £7m, and this is "comfortably the biggest in the clubs history"...

I wouldn't have quite put it like that. Stank of dog shyte, maybe....

I like this version best, so it's what I'm choosing to believe. Plus it seems feasible too.

God it's going to be a long summer.....one day, just one day after the season has finished and the conspiracy theorists amongst you just can't wait to have a pop at the club. Let's wait and see what happens and lets wait for the finer points to be announced before we all start denouncing the club.

WHat kind of football training business who is relatively new, has a spare £8m+ lying about to sponsor a premier league football club? If Virgin was £7m, and this is "comfortably the biggest in the clubs history"...

Who cares as long as they pay the invoice when our FD pops it across to them. As long as it isn’t ISIS who some Colombian drug cartel (or similar unsavoury criminal business) I frankly don’t give a Shyte.

Hopefully the start of the Chinese government pumping billions into our club to help get themselves a world cup !

That's my (hopeful) thought too!

Coupled with the ITK info on another Saints forum about Ralph being 'backed big' this window......apparently this was a condition of him joining.

The alarm bells ring on this deal. I struggle to believe a new company would invest millions of pounds on a shirt sponsor when they seemingly have no infrastructure. The info about being formed in Southampton and coaching thousands of aspiring footballers seems bogus to me. I hope the club are not trying to get through a FFP loophole as our owner is already under the microscope.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

The alarm bells ring on this deal. I struggle to believe a new company would invest millions of pounds on a shirt sponsor when they seemingly have no infrastructure. The info about being formed in Southampton and coaching thousands of aspiring footballers seems bogus to me. I hope the club are not trying to get through a FFP loophole as our owner is already under the microscope.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

It's just a few million quid, peanuts in our day and age. How much do you think small companies pay for TV ads and the like ?

The owner can invest a fair old amount of money in the club provided he turns it into equity. Why even Kat invested consequent sums at the start.

Who cares as long as they pay the invoice when our FD pops it across to them. As long as it isn’t ISIS who some Colombian drug cartel (or similar unsavoury criminal business) I frankly don’t give a Shyte.

I’m not sure ISIS’s MO is to use shirt sponsorship. May have used a brand consultant who is advising them to take a different direction though.