LD Sports

EBS1980

As was previously mooted...a brand new company,no background,no website,no nothing.

It appears that what I heard is true,along with a home shirt that many will be disappointed in....especially if the blue logo is correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thinking out loud, is this a way of Gao pumping money into the club without falling foul of the FFP rules...?

This was my initial thought. This or an underhand tactic to get money out of China.

I guess the next year or 2 will show his true intentions of the club...

What aspect of the new kit design is likely to cause disappointment? (Apart from the sponsor logo) cheers

Saw a post yesterday someone suggesting two stripes on the front but with a plain back again.

Oh No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sulk::sulk:

It`s bound to be terrible so don't bother waiting to find out the details.... its obviously rubbish..... blah blah

I don't think the club could ever do anything bad in your eyes, even if they changed the kit to blue and renamed our stadium the Solent arena.

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/17636029.southampton-to-be-sponsored-by-ld-sports/

"Justin Tan, Business Development Manager at LD Sports, commented: “We are delighted to be partnering with Southampton Football Club."

So, this Justin Tan fella.... assume this is the chap...?

https://mailmangroup.com/sports/sports-about/

https://www.linkedin.com/in/justin-tan-25348816/

justin-tan-1.jpg

He's had dealings with Saints before.... https://www.thedrum.com/news/2018/12/11/southampton-fc-and-tlcbet-roll-out-video-series-with-chinese-influencers

Southampton FC, in collaboration with its official partner TLCBET, has created 18 videos titled 'Journey to The West' to woo Chinese fans.

The club used two Chinese influencers who travelled from Beijing to Southampton alongside the club's filming crew and staff members and created branded content for TLCBET after interacting with local fans they met on the way.

The crew was on road for 14 days, beginning from the Trans-Siberian Railway, which took 6 days in total. They then travelled across Russia, Germany, Holland, France, and England, culminating in Southampton’s home stadium, St. Mary’s, for a home match against Newcastle United.

Chinese sports digital marketing agency, Mailman worked with Southampton FC and TLCBET throughout the trip and invited influencers, provided the filming team, and produced and edited all the videos for publishing.

According to a statement, the videos have garnered 68+ million impressions and 4 million video views across Chinese social media platform Weibo, WeChat and football app Dongqiudi (DQD).

David Thomas, commercial director, Southampton Football Club, said: “We are delighted with the success of the trip and the opportunity to work with a club partner in China.

"We worked very hard to ensure that we created engaging and interesting content that would resonate well within the Chinese audience. As a club, we always work with our partners to ensure the content is impactful and the figures show that we certainly achieve this during the journey.”

Mike Chong, TLCBET director, said: “The idea started during our first meeting when lots of ideas were flying around about the Journey to The West. At that moment, we knew it was going to work.

"The trip is something that everyone at TLCBET is truly proud of and couldn’t be happier with the overall content. The planning, delivery and engagement that has been shown through this campaign are fantastic and we look forward to working with Southampton FC on future activations.”

Justin Tan, vice president of strategy, Mailman said: “It was an exciting collaboration. Our focus is on creating great content that engages the audience. We are very pleased with the results of this activation.”

s3-news-tmp-136742-journey_to_the_west--2x1--940.jpeg

Edited by trousers

Bottom line is IF we're getting a decent income from LD Sports then that's all that matters.

It does look a bit dodgy though - especially the Chinese connection.

I do hope we're not getting rinsed by our owner!

I don't think the club could ever do anything bad in your eyes, even if they changed the kit to blue and renamed our stadium the Solent arena.

:lol:

They most certainly do mate, but I generally give it a chance to be Shyte before I slag it off..

We have had a blue away kit

TBF I dont dislike the Solent Arena name ;)

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/17636029.southampton-to-be-sponsored-by-ld-sports/

"Justin Tan, Business Development Manager at LD Sports, commented: “We are delighted to be partnering with Southampton Football Club."

So, this Justin Tan fella.... assume this is the chap...?

https://mailmangroup.com/sports/sports-about/

justin-tan-1.jpg

He's had dealings with Saints before.... https://www.thedrum.com/news/2018/12/11/southampton-fc-and-tlcbet-roll-out-video-series-with-chinese-influencers

Wow! That’s big-time and not at all weird.

:lol:

They most certainly do mate, but I generally give it a chance to be Shyte before I slag it off..

We have had a blue away kit

TBF I dont dislike the Solent Arena name ;)

Pretty novel, it'll never catch on here though mate.

http://www.sports-ld.com/

Same? Or Not...

Not the same characters to start with: our sponsor is pronounced ledong 乐动 (enjoyment and movement);your sweatshop is pronounced lidong 力动 (power and movement). All those characters and their variants are very common in China. 动 is frequently used by sports outfits. 乐 is a giveaway that the company is more involved in the entertainment and content side.

Edited by shurlock

https://www.ledong6666.com/index/AboutLeDong/founder.html

Further to the dream

Opportunities are always reserved for prepared minds. In 2010, Daniel Knox co-founded Music Sports with friends in Southampton. The original main business of Ledong Sports was initially based on football training, and invested a lot of money in the construction of football facilities. In Europe, many football coaches were hired to work in the school. Under the efforts of Daniel Knox, Music Sports established a perfect football training system and formed a unique football education theory, which has already enjoyed a good reputation in European football training. Subsequently, Music Sports established branches in France, Germany, Poland and other countries and regions. Subsequently, Daniel Knox turned Le Sport into an international group company that combines football training, venue rental, sports equipment, coaching teams and events.

https://www.ledong6666.com/index/news/detail/id/42.html

On April 17, on the occasion of the 4th anniversary of the establishment of Music Sports, the office building on Southampton Stadium Road :suspicious: was officially listed. This also marks the full implementation of the preparations for the development of other sports businesses. It is reported that Ledong Sports will enter into sports training programs such as ball training, venue rental, sports equipment, coaching teams and events.

But they claim that they’re already a famous brand in the UK and their main training centre is already in Southampton (wrong picture of Southampton mind you :lol:). Something smells fishy or slightly hyperbolic.

And good to see that their contact details look legit as well.... UK campus.... in... erm.... China....

K11JBBjOwY4ayjVtA-ajDTn2navRw9BNCfEWKXYRFFRLAS_ZL0Gy8arV8BtLNRmMJuF8ARMd5FIR2MJKLigONKgrp0uVZ-u0VpKArDno1gpWCy3y4J8oUIRArX4XcTxtZVhdEtyDIi3hpiiSa6sbWlvESt6przv_zsEJvEmId9RUNfIp4ulvEcWevzQ2Lx67U4ot8Y144J2UGXGDzatQxBjY2n98ZEkFtVSCShXKOiKgX5R_8ktAFes3FwOR0XKR_myH4iEx0qXfhfMjLkohvM_MOrsi1sQPWXqtJuXmWJK1Y5vNAecTZL5BsRgu-Yg_vVbjJyU3T7p34Vo-CzyDBXmhGyKEztWxspWnsBuEY3Qj073YXT5FoEpWQP4oF14goXFcj6LiQjoBmcBT1HeU18v0IZvod_EYc8VueEpGl6H_NGBO1OsITsNZ4kvQtsXV0jeW_U7NXBGARjLR5i24mx0KVKVvbYZDktXL68bXUAyhDs0DQQTNbdMKucUfaMfmwZQ69WZ_27rQ3PfKOFSgrWlYYnkixxUBKZ-tbju-AaQcklocwJu59ewC_NSsLbCf9rm_tF9Rl0iQ6rBT05Bn_2PmBGnzzbFuMwVsaTArBfd2q2i182wdYLWwAXBNHIv_bdoGWENY8n059iaVV5Ft2udsaHWOLMH_=w1719-h849-no

And nothing fishy looking about that email address either.... 123456789@163.com :mcinnes:

Oh, and the website was created in February this year....

gjtY-qFsC-WDoZvEeOMqVjJdK_KWZ6-I1ihXw6dngdfbemjRIMsq_ae8Zb-WQWfltIA4k44fZHqQ7aQ-DKJYZO7TtcevHsJGoG78rUlIdQXmdkUiws-57h-p9cC5bE0XmD5YPTfK3x_4jB25vacqoqtlgL5ZVMkUNxpJMM7ycpm1GiPjd2Y1O9NYbDoWhlp1futKz3yt9v6SJx3xVkpbMUz9yDcX01dP0IU_fcrOPffp_v4cG90JieelsCZTqxS3AlV61ZCjfUjDEZEOJV12GApEeZOBf_xUH7VdtnGGxDmK_GPsWI3qhKmjvBnmbF7MISy05Oj-0NdsfJgppXOckrWPb4zf_VVdqtq2ilQtbqH0jZKLncrMeuQ2H0NvpR5zhMPt_GTJ4bDfJVuk7bpC2A3ErQC18ZtVBU29cuHM6r1Sqdcj8V-VJSxiKoxQZhQjmjFdUEHxWb7Rxl_GHBvvT9ZbYlxPAIgiu2Z9ioJtvatC4YNx9CA1zyz0Rb0_M8bzQMWkGSVnxg7V38gX7h3HINJ7ZoIatNexVeXoY1414ccvZIgLTo3e6jw5l8ztAJAS-e7JyYB5l_I9JZdkdBYNaROAja_5nglmXZliwC8vSsVABBwQuNU46zli1LQLc4oEK1iS60gTguP_WJretHiK14biosXFBrkc=w768-h727-no

Apart from that.... all looks good to me... :)

As a side note, I see we are heading to Macau for pre season. The facilities and conditions were supposedly pretty crap last year and it wouldn’t have helped our preparations. Hope that if we have to do it they have at least prioritised the football side

As a side note, I see we are heading to Macau for pre season. The facilities and conditions were supposedly pretty crap last year and it wouldn’t have helped our preparations. Hope that if we have to do it they have at least prioritised the football side

From what I heard, it'll be a youth team going out there, possibly with a couple of "reserves" - first team is going to Austria I think?

And good to see that their contact details look legit as well.... UK campus.... in... erm.... China....

K11JBBjOwY4ayjVtA-ajDTn2navRw9BNCfEWKXYRFFRLAS_ZL0Gy8arV8BtLNRmMJuF8ARMd5FIR2MJKLigONKgrp0uVZ-u0VpKArDno1gpWCy3y4J8oUIRArX4XcTxtZVhdEtyDIi3hpiiSa6sbWlvESt6przv_zsEJvEmId9RUNfIp4ulvEcWevzQ2Lx67U4ot8Y144J2UGXGDzatQxBjY2n98ZEkFtVSCShXKOiKgX5R_8ktAFes3FwOR0XKR_myH4iEx0qXfhfMjLkohvM_MOrsi1sQPWXqtJuXmWJK1Y5vNAecTZL5BsRgu-Yg_vVbjJyU3T7p34Vo-CzyDBXmhGyKEztWxspWnsBuEY3Qj073YXT5FoEpWQP4oF14goXFcj6LiQjoBmcBT1HeU18v0IZvod_EYc8VueEpGl6H_NGBO1OsITsNZ4kvQtsXV0jeW_U7NXBGARjLR5i24mx0KVKVvbYZDktXL68bXUAyhDs0DQQTNbdMKucUfaMfmwZQ69WZ_27rQ3PfKOFSgrWlYYnkixxUBKZ-tbju-AaQcklocwJu59ewC_NSsLbCf9rm_tF9Rl0iQ6rBT05Bn_2PmBGnzzbFuMwVsaTArBfd2q2i182wdYLWwAXBNHIv_bdoGWENY8n059iaVV5Ft2udsaHWOLMH_=w1719-h849-no

And nothing fishy looking about that email address either.... 123456789@163.com :mcinnes:

Oh, and the website was created in February this year....

gjtY-qFsC-WDoZvEeOMqVjJdK_KWZ6-I1ihXw6dngdfbemjRIMsq_ae8Zb-WQWfltIA4k44fZHqQ7aQ-DKJYZO7TtcevHsJGoG78rUlIdQXmdkUiws-57h-p9cC5bE0XmD5YPTfK3x_4jB25vacqoqtlgL5ZVMkUNxpJMM7ycpm1GiPjd2Y1O9NYbDoWhlp1futKz3yt9v6SJx3xVkpbMUz9yDcX01dP0IU_fcrOPffp_v4cG90JieelsCZTqxS3AlV61ZCjfUjDEZEOJV12GApEeZOBf_xUH7VdtnGGxDmK_GPsWI3qhKmjvBnmbF7MISy05Oj-0NdsfJgppXOckrWPb4zf_VVdqtq2ilQtbqH0jZKLncrMeuQ2H0NvpR5zhMPt_GTJ4bDfJVuk7bpC2A3ErQC18ZtVBU29cuHM6r1Sqdcj8V-VJSxiKoxQZhQjmjFdUEHxWb7Rxl_GHBvvT9ZbYlxPAIgiu2Z9ioJtvatC4YNx9CA1zyz0Rb0_M8bzQMWkGSVnxg7V38gX7h3HINJ7ZoIatNexVeXoY1414ccvZIgLTo3e6jw5l8ztAJAS-e7JyYB5l_I9JZdkdBYNaROAja_5nglmXZliwC8vSsVABBwQuNU46zli1LQLc4oEK1iS60gTguP_WJretHiK14biosXFBrkc=w768-h727-no

Apart from that.... all looks good to me... :)

On the main site, click on 关于乐东 ('about ledong' second tab at the top of the home page), then click on 公司简介 ('company introduction').

https://www.ledong6666.com/index/AboutLeDong/introduction.html

You can google translate the rest. But it claims to having trained ten of thousands of youth footballers and football coaches and employ 2000 staff with its main centre in Southampton (总校南安普顿).

Edited by shurlock

From what I heard, it'll be a youth team going out there, possibly with a couple of "reserves" - first team is going to Austria I think?

Not according to the OS. It suggests half of the first team squad is going to Macau; the other half will be going to Ireland.